Making better use of Google Sparks

edited July 2011 in Help and Suggestions
This one is for those of you who have a Google Plus account and want to help out Totse.

On Google Plus, people can search for things called "Sparks". They're basically things which people are interested in, and revolve around content on the web. For example, if I was to make a post on Totse about making Methamphetamine, and someone else decides to search for sparks containing "Methamphetamine", our article could show up. The great thing about Sparks is that you can save them at the side of your Google page for later viewing at the click of a button, so once people are following a Spark, they will click on it every so often to check out the latest on Methamphetamine.

It's basically a way of bringing content straight to you instead of having to search for it on the internet. Let's say someone wrote an article on Totse and I submitted it to Twitter and Reddit - there's a good chance that this would also appear in Sparks if it got enough attention.

How can we use this to our advantage? It's a lot to do with SEO and letting Google crawl all over us, but that already happens pretty good. We also submit things to not only Twitter and Reddit, but to Google Plus as well! I know a few of us have Google Plus accounts. Go through the articles on the CMS and post some of them up onto Google plus, giving them a good description and making sure that they stand out for what they are. If it's an article on growing weed, make sure you include some words about drugs in there :) This way, people will search for sparks and see more of our stuff, encouraging more people to check out the site.

TL;DR - READ THIS

http://www.mybloggertricks.com/2011/07/how-to-increase-website-traffic-with.html

Comments