Mushroom Lemon Tek Question

mashlehashmashlehash Regular
edited July 2010 in Man Cave
I know that many of you have heard of the lemon tek method of ingesting mushrooms. For those who have no the faintest clue what I'm talking about I'll explain.

You emerge your mushrooms in a shot of lemon juice which converts the psilocybin into psilocin making for a faster come up and overall more intense experience than if you were to just ingest them normally.

The downside to this method of ingestion is that the duration of the trip is not as long and the comedown is apparently longer.

Now for the question.

I want to know about how much shorter does the lemon tek make this experience? One hour? Two hours? I know the average trip is about 6-7 hours.

I'm looking for people with experience with this that have Actually tried the lemon tek. Other input is welcome though.

Comments

• muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited July 2010
    I've never done mushrooms, but a 7 hour high would be too much for me so if this shortens it im interested to learn more
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited July 2010
    Take half an eigth. It'll give you a feel for what mushrooms are like and then if you want you can dive in the deep end and take a full eigth if you like mushrooms. You'll know whether or not they're your kind of drug after the first time.
  • Wires dead babyWires dead baby Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Ummm be ready no matter how much you eat. There is no reliable indicator to how potent your shrooms are except mabye word of mouth. i have eaten a quarter eighth or less that has gotten me waaaaaay more fucked up than eating an entire eighth of other stuff.
  • Spence_tronSpence_tron Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    For the lemon tek I powder 2-3g dried quality cubensis and let it sit in a shotglass full of lemon juice for ~15 minutes. I down it with a chaser; not only does it potentate/ intensify it, but it hastens the onset, and quickens the bulk of the trip to about 3hrs. I consider it extremely worthwhile, The acidity increasing the absorption in your stomach, and the surface area of powdered mushies combined makes for a strong rushy trip, not really for inexperienced trippers though.
    edited July 2010
    Ummm be ready no matter how much you eat. There is no reliable indicator to how potent your shrooms are except mabye word of mouth. i have eaten a quarter eighth or less that has gotten me waaaaaay more fucked up than eating an entire eighth of other stuff.

This isn't my first time booming.

I've heard these shrooms are pretty potent, though.
  • edited July 2010
    mashlehash wrote: »
    This isn't my first time booming.

I've heard these shrooms are pretty potent, though.

"Psilocybe cubensis is probably the most widely known of the psilocybin containing mushrooms used. Its major psychoactive compounds are:

* Psilocybin (4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine)
    * Psilocin (4-hydroxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine)
    * Baeocystin (4-phosphoryloxy-N-methyltryptamine)
    * Norbaeocystin (4-phosphoryloxytryptamine)

The concentrations of psilocin and psilocybin, determined by high-performance liquid chromatography, were determined to be in the range of 0.14–0.42%/0.37–1.30% (dry weight) in the whole mushroom, 0.17–0.78%/0.44–1.35% in the cap and 0.09–0.30%/0.05–1.27% in the stem.[2]"

If they are cubes there an estimate. If not, I dunno. Many variables are at play one of the most important being quality of substrate. There are many Psilocybe species though they, imo, would be a bit more rare on the market than easy to grow cubes (do consider ATL#7 sclerotia though, google it). Regardless to quote RogerRabbit, "A cube is a cube." Pardon the tautology.
    edited July 2010

I always thought that was quite ineffective in calculating the dose for the average person because who the fuck honestly knows all those variables?
  • edited July 2010
    mashlehash wrote: »
    I always thought that was quite ineffective in calculating the dose for the average person because who the fuck honestly knows all those variables?

I didn't figure it would hurt to post, but I agree with you. Each trip is a roll of the dice on potency and duration. Different mushrooms can produce different trips. For instance, Gymnopilus spp. are said to have a strange trip due to the presence of bis-noryangonin and hispidine, which are structurally related to alpha-pyrones found in kava.

"This mushroom has subspecies which contain the hallucinogen psilocybin. Specimens found in the eastern US or Japan are more likely to contain psilocybin than similar mushrooms found in the western part of the US or Europe. This mushroom contains bis-noryangonin and hispidine, which are structurally related to alpha-pyrones found in kava.[5]"