Drugs Inc.

13371337 Regular
edited July 2010 in Man Cave
Have any of you seen this series of documentaries made by National Geographic? I recommend that you watch them, because they are very well done.
Here's the NatGeo site: http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/drugs-inc/all/Overview
And here's a site where you can stream the episodes: http://www.watchseries-online.com/category/drugs-inc

While NatGeo seems to have done a good job at being unbiased while making this series, one thing I didn't like was the fact that they only focused on IV drug users in the heroin episode. Using heroin is one thing, but IVing it is an entirely different ball game. I believe that by focusing only on IV drug use, they increased the perception of the danger of using heroin all together.

In the methamphetamine episode, they did not focus at on on IV drug use. They could have made meth seem just as bad had they included IV drug users in the episode.

I like the heroin clinic in Switzerland, where the junkies go to get their fix. Switzerland is actually doing something to help its citizens, instead of just throwing them in jail, or making them use dirty street heroin and dirty, used needles. All of their heroin-related problems seem to have disappeared since they give out free, sterile heroin under doctor's supervision. There's no risk of overdose, or transmittable disease, and very little risk of infection when using this way. Man, what I would do to get my hands on one of those 10g vials of pharmaceutical heroin they have.

Anyway, what are you thoughts on this series, these drugs, or MY thoughts on the series?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    I enjoy the series.

I loved Chronic, the crack-dealer. http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/drugs-inc/all/Overview03#tab-Videos/08344_00

"You got some crackheads that'll tell you, straight up, they ain't leavin' without they shit. I mean, they'll sit there and fuss wit you. You damn near have to beat they shit before they leave yo premises."
  • 13371337 Regular
    edited July 2010

I like how they managed to sneak in the obligatory "crack is whack" in that episode.
  • edited July 2010
    ive seen commercials for this but i didnt know if it was an anti drug show so i didnt give it any thought but after watching an episode here i actually kind of like the show:) its informative and interesting

National Geographic usually makes pretty good documentaries about shit. This is no exception, I think. They don't seem very biased, and I'm a drug user. They say shit like "Heroin: Worlds deadliest drug" and whatnot, but the content is generally accurate and informative. The interviews are also a very nice touch.
  • edited July 2010
    National Geographic usually makes pretty good documentaries about shit. This is no exception, I think. They don't seem very biased, and I'm a drug user. They say shit like "Heroin: Worlds deadliest drug" and whatnot, but the content is generally accurate and informative. The interviews are also a very nice touch.

I agree and Nat Geo is one of my favorite channels. The one on Cannabis took it from a very level view.
  • edited July 2010
    These are really good, I hope they do one on psychedelics.
  • SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
    edited July 2010
    This looks good. I'm gonna have to see them. I did see some of the Explorer series where they had episodes based on LSD, Marijuana etc. They were pretty good

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/explorer/4094/Overview
  • SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
    edited July 2010
    I just saw the little clip of a family man who makes his own cocaine in a makeshift lab in the forest. I don't know much about cocaine, but do you think most of the cocaine we see on the streets is made in such a dirty, unsanitary environment? Or are there more professional operations out there?
  • edited July 2010
    These are really good, I hope they do one on psychedelics.

I PRAY they make one on these. It'd be added to my collection.
  • edited July 2010
    I just saw the little clip of a family man who makes his own cocaine in a makeshift lab in the forest. I don't know much about cocaine, but do you think most of the cocaine we see on the streets is made in such a dirty, unsanitary environment? Or are there more professional operations out there?

From what I gather it's made for cheap in places like Colombia, shipped dissolved in something like Gasoline where it is brought to the US, refined a bit, cut, and processed to the profit of the merchant class as always with bootlegging.

EDIT: I think This video is what you were referring to. That would be my reference material too.
  • edited July 2010
    I agree and Nat Geo is one of my favorite channels. The one on Cannabis took it from a very level view.

The only people who don't take marijuana from a very level view are the DEA, people funded by the DEA and people who bought all the shit they heard in D.A.R.E. class.

It'll be legal once everyone realizes that prohibition is all about money.

EDIT: Off topic, but I've just been reading about D.A.R.E. on wikipedia, and it seems as though all the studies say that D.A.R.E. doesn't work and even causes increased drug use in those who go through the program.

Also, the scumbags use students to inform on their parents. They feed them that whole "Drugs are evil, and they support terrorism blah blah.", and then these kids go snooping around, find pot in their parents bookshelves and call the fucking police.
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited July 2010
    Pretty good videos, I liked the weed one beacuse the dident just show it as evil the showed some of the reason pot is around.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited July 2010
    I've only seen the heroin episode. I thought it was pretty good.
    I liked the clinics in Switzerland as well.. nice idea.
  • edited July 2010
    I enjoy the series.

I loved Chronic, the crack-dealer. http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/drugs-inc/all/Overview03#tab-Videos/08344_00

"You got some crackheads that'll tell you, straight up, they ain't leavin' without they shit. I mean, they'll sit there and fuss wit you. You damn near have to beat they shit before they leave yo premises."

I watched that last night. Fuck making ends meet as every link in that hierarchy is fucked up from Colombia up. Hell the Colombian probably had one of the nicest homes in his village and still they struggle. Also that one dude from Chicago made me feel bad. Curiosity got that cat addicted. Fuck freebase. Fuck the merchant class.