You wouldn't, you're not Mayan.
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited January 2012
    chippy wrote: »
    You wouldn't, you're not Mayan.

So I take it you are?
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited January 2012
    Mayan be I am, Mayan be I'm not. But I have heard of the prediction of the end of the world on december 21 this year.
    edited January 2012
    I think it either marks the end or and era or the magnetic poles of the earth with swap and everything will go to shit.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Better start stockpiling food and weapons.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2012
    21/12/2012

I have mates who are having panic attacks over that day lol. I need to make a better bug out bag this year.
    edited January 2012
    RemadE wrote: »
    I need to make a better bug out bag this year.

I definitely will be making one and storing extra food. Not necessarily for 21-12-12 but for any eventuality that may occur. That and getting a firearm or two once I get my firearms licence.
  • ArkansanArkansan Regular
    edited January 2012
    I thought the Mayan calendar was cyclical and that it didn't really end but reset or something along those lines, this year. I'm not exactly concerned about it but I have been putting together my bug out bag over the past few weeks, and I have been doing Rushfit trying to get back into shape.
    edited January 2012
    I definitely will be making one and storing extra food. Not necessarily for 21-12-12 but for any eventuality that may occur. That and getting a firearm or two once I get my firearms licence.

visit your local Police station, they will give you all the info you need and a copy of the fire arms code.

Proof of address

you need to get a post stamp size photo taken(like a when you get a passport)

$110

No criminal convictions

Go to a firarms safty meeting and sit a test, when you pass you will be given a certificate.

Two people over 18 the fire arms officer will interview (only one can be next of kin)

buy a gun safe and sucure it properly.

then when you have done all of this vist you local Police station. Then they will send out the fire arms officer to interview you and your selected two people and inspect your gun safe. then in three months a fire arms license will arrive in the mail!

so start getting it now!
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2012
    ^I just go to a gun show and buy one. Thank god for the 2nd Amendment.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2012
    Man, just when everything was looking good. FUCK ME.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Ah, I dont really believe it. They have predicted the world many times in the past and will continue to do so in the future, just another false prediction just like global warming and the millennium bugn:)
    edited January 2012
    The end of the world prophecies are nothing more than modern misinterpretation. When the ancints speak of the end they are talking about the end of an age or aeon not the end of the world. For example, when Jesus Christ said he would be with us until the end of time that is a mistranslation. The original Greek and Hebrew text actually said until the end of the age not the end of days. Now what do they mean by age? That is simple is goes back to astrology. This is the age of Pisces which is nearly complete. But we still have another 150 years or so of Pisces.

An astrological age is a time period which astrology postulates parallels major changes in the development of Earth's inhabitants, particularly relating to culture, society and politics. There are twelve astrological ages corresponding to the twelve zodiacal signs in western astrology. At the completion of one cycle of twelve astrological ages, the cycle repeats itself. Astrological ages occur because of a phenomenon known as the precession of the equinoxes. One complete period of this precession is called a Great Year or Platonic Year of about 25,920 years

Many astrologers find ages too erratic based on either the vernal point moving through the randomly sized zodiacal constellations or sidereal zodiac and, instead, round all astrological ages to exactly 2000 years each. In this approach the ages are usually neatly aligned so that the Aries age is found from 2000 BC to 1 AD, Pisces age 1 AD to 2000 AD, the Aquarian age 2000 AD - 4000 AD, and so on.[24] This approach is not consistent with the precession of the equinoxes. Based on precession of the equinoxes, there is a one degree shift approximately every 72 years, so a 30 degree movement requires 2160 years to complete.

So if we mark AD 0 as the beginning of the age of Pisces then 2160 would be the end of the age of Pisces and the beginning of the age of Aquarius. But seeing as how the calendars are all fucked up (all of them) we can't be really sure of the exact year. However in any event all it will really mean is another 2160 years of time has passed.
    edited January 2012
    ^I just go to a gun show and buy one. Thank god for the 2nd Amendment.

This is New Zealand lol there is still ways and means but it can land you in prison for a while.
    edited January 2012
    ^the only way to save the world is for every nation to submit to the authority of me. I will toss out the BS, make about 30 laws, and let the world be.
    edited January 2012
    sounds good to me
    edited January 2012