Operation: Recruit from Zoklet

fanglekaifanglekai Regular
edited July 2010 in Man Cave
Here's the idea: We would need quite a few people to go to Zoklet and send PMs to all the active users. The easiest way to do this is to have members pick a letter of the alphabet and either the beginning or the end of that letter, and then work your way towards the middle. This would require a lot of people to help because Zoklet has a lot of accounts registered. However, a lot of them have 0 posts. We could cut down the work considerably by ignoring accounts with less than a certain number of posts, say 100. If we were to go through with this plan we would need to agree on a message to PM the users.

Discuss.

Comments

• mafiabromafiabro Regular
    edited July 2010
    I'd be willing to help but im not making a message.
  • edited July 2010
    Wasn't there already a thread on this?
  • DaSkipperDaSkipper Regular
    edited July 2010
    No. Fuck you, I'm the only one to make operations, niggerfaggot.

And next month's operation may be in effect within the week. I honestly will not be down with this gig because zoklet is my first home for the totse community. So fuck you, I'm not ungrateful.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    Meh, ok. I posted it in bad ideas for a reason.
  • DaSkipperDaSkipper Regular
    edited July 2010
    Go on with it. Itll just fail.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited July 2010
    try putting yourself in the reciever's shoes.

if you were not on totse.info yet, and someone randomly advertised another site, would immediately switch over?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    Focus on other things. There are other forums you can advertise on.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    Or we could focus on building this place into the Wonderland Arcade of Internet forums and laugh at the complete anarchy cluster fuck going on in those other forums. People will make their way over but pushing them isn't the right answer at this moment.

Lets focus on building the website (staff and vounteers), ironing out the forum issues and raising their content, and July 30th.
  • CrazzyassCrazzyass Regular
    edited July 2010
    LSA King wrote: »
    Or we could focus on building this place into the Wonderland Arcade of Internet forums and laugh at the complete anarchy cluster fuck going on in those other forums. People will make their way over but pushing them isn't the right answer at this moment.

Lets focus on building the website (staff and vounteers), ironing out the forum issues and raising their content, and July 30th.

This. Have an awesome enough forum, and people will come to it. There is no need for us to be begging for users. We should build and create content, and attract them.
  • NotDeadYetNotDeadYet New Arrival
    edited July 2010
    Provided you change the homepage totse.info to go directly to the bbs forum, I will send the message as I have an autobot that will send to all users in 20 min. It is a bit annoying to click community, then etc just to get here lol especially when most of the other links are just dead.

This leads me to believe that most of the info here is actually scraped from other forums and not even saved here, nevertheless, I know this is not the case as my bot has detected only 7 exact posts from another forum, so I am saying it is just circumstancial.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    Mantikore wrote: »
    try putting yourself in the reciever's shoes.

if you were not on totse.info yet, and someone randomly advertised another site, would immediately switch over?

Big Baby Jesus sent me a message on zoklet. I immediately registered and pretty much quit posting over there.

Anyway, it was just an idea.