USA vs Euro spliffs

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited March 2012 in Man Cave
Quite often when I am talking to a certain &T member on Teamspeak, one of us mentions smoking weed at some point, and thus imagines what they look like etc as it's just voice.
ANyway, what's the deal between spliffs from the USA and those from Europe? I'll put a picture up and a brief explanation. But not an answer. Anyone have any input?

European style.
Flaming-Backflip-Joint.jpg

Facts: Rolled with a king sized Rizla (they are "papers" for the USA smoker), and more often than not mixed with tobacco in personal ratios of tobacco:weed like, say 50:50, or 25:75. You get it. Also there is a cardboard "roach" or "filter" unlike the USA version. It allows for clearer smoking and no waste of weed as it's burning 2mm from your lips. They can be made in a number of ways, too primarily rolled, or accordion-squased and then rolled

USA style.
skinnyjoint.jpg

Facts (from what I have heard and once smoked): Never mixed with tobacco, or very rarely so pretty much 100% bud (which limits smoking hash to a bong, unless there is tobacco to help it burn and fatten the spliff up). Also buying weed in the States is odd to me as there are terms like "mids", "dank" or whatever else to describe the quality of the ganja. Also no roach, well no cardboard roach anyway limiting smoking as it gets close to the lips. Leaves leftovers which then are usually used to roll into a last one.

So, any discussion points? Thoughts? Real facts about USA spliffs as no doubt I got one wrong.
Just blazed with Security at my Uni as I have been bedbound all day in pain with my Crohn's (been a crap week) and I popped some Morphine and enjoys the 10 minute analgesic effect it serves me. I have such a tolerance and fast metablism, despite them being sustained release. I went to my mates place and wanted to buy some weed. Instead he bought it and I'm glad he did despite bringing my scales over. Leafiest shit ever. He pulled out nicer stuff. Much nicer. Smoked on the walk-round with Security. Shit was cash. Security didn't join in, but the fact 8/10 of them are safe as houses. Blazed as fuck now and no pain. Decent sleep, here I come!

Found this extra info:
http://www.amsterdamlogue.com/amsterdam-coffeeshops-faq-joints-in-amsterdam.html