Rehab Zone, Crime Watch Added

DfgDfg Admin
edited June 2012 in Help and Suggestions
Two new forums that will replace BLTC and Bad Ideas. They're public and will be filled with content later on. Drugs and Crime are common, they're part of our life. Totseans can't be complete without the fringe however there is a different here. We're not going to use these sections like TOTSE did. We're going to step back and going to try a different approach. The drug section is there for you to discuss your drug habits and it's will act as a resource for information on various drugs with a twist. We're actually going to help you quit DRUGS. Yes, the information presented their will gave you an insight about how much drugs can change or ruin your life. By discussing various drugs and warning people about their risk and at the same time sharing your experiences we will create an environment where people wanting to quit can easily fit in and join in the fight against drugs.

The next is Crime Watch, instead of scheming about blowing up dumpster we will actually focus on the various techniques used by the bad guys and we will expose them to everyone and help them. Basically it's your one stop place to talk about your past history with criminals and discuss on variety of crime related topics, from murder to rape. The aim is to educate and prevent NOT to support the criminals. There are tons of hubs for criminals to scam users already, what we need is something that will counter it.

Hopefully with these new changes, we're closing to creating something unique and worth promoting.

Totseans, lets make a difference in this World. Too much evil, not enough good.

Suggestions?

I am thinking of creating a LIFE section and then revising the whole forum layout and placing things in them.

Like in LIFE you go through different phases, We can have a forum dedicated to one aspect of life (broad). Like Fitness > That will cover the mental and physical aspect.
Entertainment > That covers Music, Movies and Games
Current Affairs>
Covers News, Conspiracy
Revolution>
Covers Campaigns, Protests around the world.

Basically I want to have 4~6 Main sections and 3 Forums in them at max.

Too many sections, not enough focus.

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Some people might not want to quit drugs, they might be wanting information on how to use them safely without posing any danger to themselves or other people. I think we should encourage responsible use as well as helping people kick the drugs if that's what they want to do.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    trx100 wrote: »
    Some people might not want to quit drugs, they might be wanting information on how to use them safely without posing any danger to themselves or other people. I think we should encourage responsible use as well as helping people kick the drugs if that's what they want to do.

I know, but in this way you can TALK about safe consumption without getting in trouble. It's all about the PR. Plus, if you want to discuss it, you still have those ahem sections.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2012
    Harm reduction is good, and this seems like my kinda forum. Just do NOT get involved with big-time criminals etc.

Obviously approve of this forum, and I can easily look at methods these metaphorical bad guys use. I know a fair few things about a fair few things. This can also generate good press for us, and with more users this can exponentially grow.

As for too much evil, I don't think that's the stage right now. But some good is...well, good, and can create positive spin on the counter-spin of gritty subjects we talk about here.

I'm all up for it. The stuff about campaigns and protests? That's already taken at IndyMedia. Google them, there's LOADS of sub-sites for around the world and the states of the USA. As for revolution, that could make some funky discussions with the different Political views. I had another idea but can't remember it. Been a long day already.
    Fuck.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for the input. I will not take my beauty nap and start work on things when I wake up.
    edited June 2012
    What about a highly moderated Bad Ideas and Drug forum where people can discuss the illegal side, but a more promising anti-forum, where we can talk ways on self-protection, getting clean from drugs and whatnot? So if we attract users that want to discuss drugs etc we can, but we can learn from them and post on the "opposing side" forum to keep it balanced?

Just a thought. I like typing up my trip reports from my mushroom nights etc.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    RemadE wrote: »
    What about a highly moderated Bad Ideas and Drug forum where people can discuss the illegal side, but a more promising anti-forum, where we can talk ways on self-protection, getting clean from drugs and whatnot? So if we attract users that want to discuss drugs etc we can, but we can learn from them and post on the "opposing side" forum to keep it balanced?

Just a thought. I like typing up my trip reports from my mushroom nights etc.

BI and BLTC would still be here but hidden like they're now. These new sections basically target the audience we want to attract. I didn't mention everything openly wink wink.
    edited June 2012
    Good-o ;) I know about the 100 posts thing but this new bunch could be put to good use, so to speak, so let a lower post count have access? Good PR and they get to join in a positive side to vice, working up to 100 posts. Just my idea :)
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    RemadE wrote: »
    Good-o ;) I know about the 100 posts thing but this new bunch could be put to good use, so to speak, so let a lower post count have access? Good PR and they get to join in a positive side to vice, working up to 100 posts. Just my idea :)

These sections are open and you don't need to have a regular status to get in.
  • edited June 2012
    Dfg wrote: »
    These sections are open and you don't need to have a regular status to get in.

Even though it's in the Totseans Kingdom section?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    trx100 wrote: »
    Even though it's in the Totseans Kingdom section?

Yep, I do however intend to readjust the layout and make it more concise.
    edited June 2012
    Holy shit I wrote that post while half asleep and have no memory of it, judging by the time. Yet it still makes sense!

Story of my University life.