Achieving perma-bliss through a proper balance of eicosanoids through diet.

IWDIWD Acolyte
edited July 2010 in Life
So I took an untimely nap, woke up at 3:30 am wide awake, with nothing to do and no one to talk to. I went on facebook, and a facebook friend (actually, a zoklet member as well) had posted some pics representing his progress in an attempt to change his lifestyle, run every single day and lose weight. He did a damned good job, and we got on the topic of exercise for a bit, then switched to diet, and I remembered this book I read probably close to a year ago called "Enter the Zone" or something like that that intrigued me.

This book was all about controlling a particular chemical, or hormone (I forget exactly what it was, but I remember what it was called) called "eicosanoids" to achieve a state of perma-bliss through diet. I don't have all the numbers or remember the equation involved at this point, but if anyone is interested they can check the book out, I will also update this once I get the book. I wrote my friend a really REALLY long post in comparison to what you'd normally see on facebook, but it was done quickly to get the general idea across, not very professionally.. but still. I thought fuck it I'll post it on zoklet and totse.info to see if anyone is interested in giving this book a read, but I'm going to copy and paste below my message to this particular friend because I believe it gives the basic run down. I moved out on my own like a big boy, and the book is not here, it's at my Dad's house, but in 2 days when I go back there I'll find it and post the exact equation and the exact numbers, and some more specific details. All of the credit for this information goes to the author of the book, but I don't believe I'm plagiarizing as I'm simply writing some random things I remember from the book in my own words. If the writing style seems funny, remember that I wrote this to someone I know through the internet, not a bunch of anonymous people. I'm not taking the time right now to re-write it, and it's not top notch, but it will give anyone who is interested the basic idea of what this book is about. Anyways, below is the paste, as I said, it's short for now, but this book had way too many interesting things to read about to leave this OP as is, I will add a shitload to it when I get the book and edit it as long as anyone, even one person is interested in hearing more.

I read a book a while back called "Enter the Zone" or something like that, and the "Zone" was a state of mind that was close to complete euphoria that can be achieved by treating every single thing you eat like a prescription drug and monitoring it all carefully. As you probably know, cutting yourself off of food doesn't work (I know you didn't say you are doing that at all, I just thought I'd throw it in there). Through evolution our bodies have grown to do what they can to keep us alive, so when you don't eat your body thinks you're starving and stores more fat.

There was some equation (and I'll post it when I go back to my Dads house and find the book) and it deals with how much exercise you get per day on a scale of 1-10 or something, and your weight. You do some division and get a number and this number is the amount of "blocks" you're supposed to get. A block of protein is 6 grams, I'm pretty sure carbohydrate blocks are 7 grams, and I forget what fat is, but you're supposed to get equal amounts of carb and protein blocks, and I'm pretty sure it was a fifth of whatever the amount was for the first two for fat. Since I get so much daily exercise just doing whatever, the amount I had to eat was so high I ended up not being able to do it because there wasn't enough food and not the right kinds. It also went into what was good protein/carbs/fat and bad protein/carbs/fat and a lot of the common foods that I thought were good for you apparently aren't nearly as good for you as others. (Pasta, whole wheat bread).

Once I find the book I'll post to you how to figure out your number of blocks perfectly so don't go by any of these numbers yet. I do remember some of the foods that are apparently (and lots of people that have read the book have sworn it has changed their life to heaven since they followed it) the BEST for each type of food.

I only remember a couple, and it's hard to have the right types of food in your house, but when I was doing it, the book gave me a list, and I tried to follow it by eating:

Protein: Egg whites (not the yolk, unfortunately)

Sardines (or any other type of fish, fish is the best protein you can put in yourself. Apparently most meat isn't the best, but obviously it's going to be better for you than getting NO protein.)

I think there was a certain kind of milk you were limited too as well but I'm not sure, as I said I'll let you know later if you want.

There's your strings of amino-acids, and building blocks for your body.

Carbs: Most of the common carbs that I thought were great for you to eat apparently weren't, like bread and pasta. That was hard to believe, but the one I remember the book saying was really good and the one I remember eating constantly was BEANS. Eat beans constantly, lots of different types.

There's your energy.

Fat:

Bad fat = fat from fried foods. That's a no-brainer. Trans-fats. A lot of fat can still be unhealthy even if it isn't trans-fat though. I remember 2 of the one's that you are supposed to eat with every meal.

1. Mayonaisse.
2. Teaspoons of Oils (vegetable, corn, olive, fish)

That's the fat you're supposed to be putting in yourself and making sure you do with every meal. For me it was 1 teaspoon of corn oil after my huge carb/protein meals consisting of a full can of sardines and like 3/4 of a can of beans breakfast, lunch, supper, then 2 sets of half that amount as a snack sometime throughout the day. It will be less for you cause you weigh less. My reason for not sticking with it is because of how much it required me to eat. I didn't stuffing myself like that and quickly ran out of the right types of food. I'm gonna try again once I have enough money to buy exactly what I need for a long period of time, cause it probably takes a week or so of doing this to feel the great effects I've read about from like 100+ sworn people that wrote back to the author.

Also bad:

Sugar. You need a bit but only a small bit and you can get that small bit from the traces that are in nearly everything. Don't eat sweets, drink ANY soda/pop, eat sugary cereals, cookies, donuts, NOTHING like that. You already know that, but I'm just confirming that that is not a myth based on what this book says.

Juice from stores: Usually have about 2/3 the sugar as soda/pop. A good thing to do is get flavoured natural teas, boil a huge pot of it up and then throw it in the freezer, make like enough for 20-30 glasses in a giant pot, and drink it with ice in it. Super refreshing, no sugar, super good for you. It just tastes like unsweetened iced tea but it's less boring than water and even better for you in some situations.

Salt: You need it, but nearly everything you will find anywhere has a lot of salt in it, so you're not supposed to use the salt shaker on anything. Kind of sucks, but if you want to achieve this you gotta do what you gotta do.

Anything that says "Spices" on the ingredients instead of the actual spice name. Apparently the FDA approved a bunch of very bad things to be labeled as "spices". Chemicals that are put into foods to make you addicted or for other reasons that they don't want to list on the ingredients by their actual names.

Finally, the whole point of this diet is to maintain a proper balance of something called "eicosanoids" in your body. Apparently they are intertwined with every single system in your body and having a proper balance of them will have everything functioning near perfect all at the same time, including things in your neurochemistry.

K I can't type anymore, lol. There you go vinh I've written you a book at 4 in the morning because I took a nap at the wrong time, woke up, and have absolutely nothing to do and no one to talk to. Thanks for giving me something to do, although I guess it's not the longest thing I've ever written for you .

Maybe I'll just post this on that site for something to do, maybe someone will find use for this information if you're not into it. Either way knowledge never hurts.

^This seemed much longer on facebook, but remember, it was just a message to a friend spur of the moment because our conversation led up to it. Seemed a lot longer on facebook, but once I get the book if anyone is interested I'll post a shitload of interesting stuff from it, as well as the exact numbers and the equation in regards to determining how much of each food type to eat.

Comments

• fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    Permabliss does not exist, sorry to tell you. If you run, you will produce endorphins and that'll make you feel better. If you eat healthy food, you'll have more energy and you'll feel better. Permabliss sounds like a scam.
  • ImaginariumImaginarium Regular
    edited July 2010
    Permabliss ain't a scam, it's a damn worthy goal for any human. But the methods described here are bullshit. All the nonsense about protein, carbs, fats, etc, it's all nonsense. And a spice section that didn't even detail all the euphoria you can get from yr spice rack, what nonsense!
  • muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited July 2010
    I am interested in eating better, but i doubt permabliss is achievable though.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    Maybe if you could be constantly high that would be permabliss. Anything aside from changing your own outlook on life (or drugs) would fail.
    edited July 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Maybe if you could be constantly high that would be permabliss. Anything aside from changing your own outlook on life (or drugs) would fail.

I'm sure both JoePedo as well as the author of this site would have quite a bit to say on the subject.
  • TransienceTransience Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    I'm sure both JoePedo as well as the author of this site would have quite a bit to say on the subject.

you might be interested in this story: http://lesswrong.com/lw/y4/three_worlds_collide_08/
    Its about some humans who find with 2 other alien species in space, one of them the humans find to be too cruel and barbaric to exist since inflicting unnecessary suffering on their own kind is a part of their culture and psyche, and the other species thinks the same thing, only about the humans as well.
    edited July 2010
    That does sound like a good read.

On the subject of extinguishing other species in space, that does seem very much silly. Why go through all that trouble? Isn't space big enough for beings to be evil in peace?

also, on this subject in general, all I have to say is: beta-endorphin :thumbsup:
  • IWDIWD Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    I'll go into more detail when I get the book, so everything is as accurate as the author portrays it.

Bullshit based on what Rizzo? The fact we have a pathetic online internet feud? I'm sure you could pick apart a thing or two based on technicalities since it was all from memory of over a year ago, but basically I was trying to explain some things I read. I don't think it's bullshit at all, the guy that wrote it has a PhD, do you? Could you at least back it up when you criticize his writings based on the fact that a member you don't like posted it?

Probably not, because you're a malicious, childish, scum of the earth burnout. Go poke some tianeptine and necrofy yourself, then stab anyone sharing your genes with your Hep C infested meth needles you tweaked out snitch bitch.