What is the best branch of the military in your country?

AlbinoEthiopianAlbinoEthiopian Regular
edited August 2010 in Man Cave
I have not joined or do not think i will join the armed forces in the future, but i have done my share in research when i was considering joining talking to recruiters.

In my research i think the best branch suited for me would be the Navy. IMO
They have a great medical advancement program that would be the only reason i would join.

I also like being out in the ocean.

inb4sailorfag

Comments

• Dose MeDose Me Regular
    edited July 2010
    Haha you think you like being out in the ocean until you're on one of those steel prisons doing figure-eights in the middle of the Atlantic for a few months.

Anyway don't join the Navy. The Coast Guard is better in everyway and you STILL get to spend time out on the ocean...just not 8 months at a fucking time.

And you get to fish :)
  • sAINTsAINT Regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah Coast Guard is defiently better.
    It's agreed upon that the Air Force has the highest standard of living and the nicest stuff.
    The Army is right for me, the people are what makes it for me..the Marines are mostly made up of egotistical cocky fucks, the Army has the integrity and respect more so.
  • The GeneralThe General Regular
    edited July 2010
    I hope to enlist in the coast guard in the near future :)
  • AltindAltind Regular
    edited August 2010
    Air Force!
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited August 2010
    All depends on what you want to do. Airforce has the best pay/living situation/benifits. But no real standing infantry.

I had my bachelors and know that your MOS isn't going to get you a better job in your own field in civvie life, and wanted to carry a rifle and jump out of a plane.

Took an Airborne contract got out of basic as a Corporal, served with the 82nd division for 5 years, exited as SSG. It's what I wanted to do, so I did it. You have to take your fun with the shit. And there is a LOT of shit, in any branch.

My Grandfather served as a Gunner in the Navy in Korea, and I knew others in the Navy, I didn't want to be stuck on a ship for 8 months at a time. Fuck that shit. I'll take my wet, cold, dirty foxhole will bullets and bombs over that sort of confinement any day.

To each their own, however.