[FREE] Trackmania Nations: Forever

BigBroBigBro Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
TRACKMANIA-NATIONS-FOREVER-review.jpg
trackmania_valid_track_sml.jpg
25489_normal.jpg
Download-TrackMania-Nations-Forever-Free.jpg
Trackmania Nations: Forever
Trackmania is a free, arcade-esque online MMO racer.
Goddamit, this is one of the best racing games I've ever played. The gameplay is centered around getting the fastest time possible and it's main appeal is focused on the incredible tracks available for play.
trackmania.jpg
It comes with a comprehensive track builder and the community is incredibly large, and is (thankfully) devoid of faggots.
It is also incredibly competitive, the main attraction being the global leaderboard. So get out there and get some points for your country.

The trackbuilder is probably the crux of the game. Without it, we'd be stuck with stock maps. The track builder is in game, graphical and easy to use, as well as being very extensive.
And tracks aren't the only thing you can mod. You can paint your car, too, and if you upgrade your account (by either purchasing trackmania united [a seperate game, twice as awesome as this] or by paying upfront) you can use custom models for your car. It's not really something worth paying for, but if you want the option, there it is.

As I mentioned before, it's focused on getting fast times. It does this through a few different mechanics. For example, you pass through opposing cars. Yeah, you do. So you can't bump your competition off the map. This is probably the best quality of the game, since you'll be flying through wallrides, jumps and loops at incredible speeds, and the last thing you need is a kidiot troll faggot knocking you off. Or, another guy who is also trying to get the record knocking you off by accident.
Anyway.

I could show you a million screenshots, but you still won't get a feel of the gameplay. So, here's a Youtube video doing just that.

This is the best I could find showing the TMN gameplay on some good tracks. It was edited by some 13 year old, so just ignore the childish music and editing and watch the gameplay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVcWrBr-Ea0

Finally, the graphics.
Ooooh dem graphics. You probably couldn't see it in that video, so here are some more ideal screenshots.
standard_TMNF4.jpg7402__320x240_trackmania-nations-forever-1024x768.jpg

So, I really do recommend this game. It's free, has a fantastic community, extensively moddable and, all in all, definitely worth 250 mb of your bandwidth.

Get it from Nadeo's official site.
http://www.trackmania.com/
http://www.trackmania.com/index.php?rub=nations

All I have to say, bro.

TOTSE BROS:
suitecards - BigBro

Comments

• Hammer TankHammer Tank Regular
    edited July 2010
    yea trackmania nations is awesome, I've never played Forever though. I might give it a shot.
  • BigBroBigBro Regular
    edited July 2010
    Trackmania Nations Forever is almost a completely new game. While basic elements of gameplay still exist, the trackbuilder has a lot more available to it (such as dirt, turbo boosts, engine cut off, etc).
    Definitely worth your download.
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited August 2010
    its very fun! there was never a time where i've played the same map before! very popular in europe.
  • edited August 2010
    EVERYONE GET THIS ON STEAM. Well worth it, you can play against your Steam friends and shit.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    Awesome.

Downloading it now.
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited August 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    EVERYONE GET THIS ON STEAM. Well worth it, you can play against your Steam friends and shit.

Downloading now.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited August 2010
    Been playing it for over 3 years now. Never gets old, fantastic game. :thumbsup:
  • BigBroBigBro Regular
    edited August 2010
    Everyone, post your login name.
    The name you log in with is your in game ID, so I'm going to compile a list in the OP of all fellow TOTSEan bros so we can get together for a good game.