Ferrets

Swamp JunkySwamp Junky Acolyte
edited September 2010 in Life
Does anyone here have any?

I'm thinking of getting one soon. I was playing with some at the pet store, and they seemed pretty cool. They do smell though. But I don't find it a stinky smell. Plus I've heard there's lots you can do to cut down on the odor.

The only problem I can think of is that I have carpet in my room. I don't want that fucker poopin' on it.:angry:
Any advice on that?

Comments

• Jolt890Jolt890 Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Had three before. They're great fun to play with but smell can be an issue.

Bath time was awesome. Most love the water so you can bathe them for playtime to cut down on the smell.

I tried to let mine out for a couple hours a day but you have to be vigilant they can be mischievous. If you have the time to invest in training, proper hygiene, and potty training they can be awesome time.

I moved to California and had to get rid of mine.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited August 2010
    Man I hate smelly things, sugar gliders, ferrets, squirrels.

Get a cat, or an iguana. You can toilet train both.
  • Swamp JunkySwamp Junky Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Cats fucking suck. And I've wanted a ferret since 5th grade so now that I have the chance I'm pretty set on getting one, apart from the whole carpet issue.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited August 2010
    Ferrites

ferrites_003_large-1.JPG
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited August 2010
    I had 2 of them. Male and a female....awesome pets
    The ferret has a scent gland which you can get surgically removed, thats why they stink.
    They let of that smell when they're scared, believe it or not, they are more related to the skunk
    than a to a stoat.
    I never bothered getting the scent gland removed because they got use to me and the smell
    wasn't as strong as when I first got them....plus that smell actually keeps away rats and mice
    (field mice were a problem where I was) even after the ferrets are gone you won't get mice in
    in the house for up to 6mnths because a mouse can still smell em
    If you have a cat or a small dog, It's probably not a great idea, they're a staunch little fucker
    they'll take on anything, they use to team hunt my Rottweiler, it was their idea of funtime. Fuckin
    amazing hunters.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    I used to have one but it escaped and managed to kill and eat a chinchilla I also owned at the time.:sad: True story ferrets suck.
  • Swamp JunkySwamp Junky Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    So I finally got two ferrets Friday. Rusko(male) and Caspa(female). They are seriosuly the awesomest little animals ever. And they're being good about using the litter box so its all good.
    edited August 2010
    So I finally got two ferrets Friday. Rusko(male) and Caspa(female). They are seriosuly the awesomest little animals ever. And they're being good about using the litter box so its all good.

Have you had roaming free in a dark room with you? Don't go to sleep, their hunting instinct
    naturally kicks in. I think they're fuckin awesome pets.
  • vOmitreevOmitree Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    So are ferrets domesticated? Or can I just go hunt one down in africa and rest assured that I got myself a good pet?
  • ScuDScuD Regular
    edited September 2010
    162Furret.png

relevant.
    edited September 2010
    ScuD wrote: »
    162Furret.png

relevant.
    True...ferret-282.gif