Ninja Assassin [2009] [Review]

DfgDfg Admin
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities

I thought I would never see an Anime such as Naruto turned into a movie, well thanks to Ninja Assassin that dream has finally come true. Well, not really. I ventured into the lands of the unknown to find a movie, which is ridiculus when it comes to story, and full of action sequences that are CGI enhanced.My journey, which was surprisingly short, led me to this movie.

Ninja Assassin is everything you could ever want in a Ninja movie; it has awesome performances, a good lead role with intense body and a clan full of Ninjas. In short, it is a 12-year-old wet dream who dreams about becoming a ninja. Unfortunately this movie is just so transparent that you facepalm after few minutes. It’s recommended you skip the dialogues and go directly to the fighting scenes. You will not find anything good there.

In addition, the director for some reason has a fetish for blood. I cannot seem to understand how the fuck would a minor cut turn into a fountain of blood. I think they just got carried away with the whole Ninja are ruthless philosophy. If you watch some action Anime such as Naruto etc you will enjoy some scenes especially the action ones.

TL;DR: Dude, run, action, bang bang, assassin, girl, love, omfg boss, fight, revival etc.

Just watch it if you need to see some mindless action. Don't get me wrong this movie does deliver but it lacks the punch to that movies such as Ong Bak created.