Carriers [2009] [Review]

DfgDfg Admin
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities

I hope there isn't another thread in this section. If there is then fuck it man I searched using Carriers and I didn't see the thread. I will edit this post with the review if there isn't another thread about this.

The Carriers follows the story of two brothers who are trying to survive the disease though endless roads. Unlike other flicks the Carriers mainly focuses on relationships and the bonds of trust. It exploits the soft spot in human nature and turns it against you.

On the whole, the story is pretty straight forward. You already know who will survive at the end and who will die [Simple guess work]. But that's not the point. The movie is plausible. The disease could happen IRL and that's where this movie scores big time. You see actors making the same decisions you might make when you're in that state.
You don't see any fancy Kung Fu and hell you don't even see the signature killings. It's just you and your will to survive against a disease which never quits.

What I enjoyed in this movie was the scenery. Instead of using the same old cars here and there formula you see open roads with little or no blockages. The movie does deal with emotional issues. If you're really down and feel lonely I suggest you avoid this movie because it focuses too much on family and loved ones which surprisingly I don't mind. I have to agree that this movie is a bit slow and but you can't really blame the directors for it.

Overall, it was a good movie, not that memorable but still a good watch.

Here is the TL;DR version:
Plausible storyline, pretty good scenes and acting. Focuses on the relationships and the decisions they have to make to survive. Has the scare factor without using excessive gore or zombies.

Movie seems a bit dull if you're a fan of Zombie shooters.