Asteroid headed for earth in 2182

DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
edited August 2010 in Tech & Games
The Asteroid headed for earth will arrive in 2182

Scientists around the globe are in agreement on the trajectory of asteroid 1999 RQ36. It's going to come close to earth. The space rock was discovered in 1999 and didn't seem to be much of a risk. New observations have led NASA and other experts to update the asteroid's trajectory. 1999 RQ36 has a 1 in 1,000 chance of hitting earth in 2182.

http://www.examiner.com/city-buzz-in-long-beach/the-asteroid-headed-for-earth-will-arrive-2182-photo-gallery

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    Wasn't there an asteroid that was predicted to hit Earth not too long ago? Let's see how this one goes :D

Perhaps in a related story, I'm actually interested in living to see the end of the world. It's why a part of me actually wants the world to end in 2012 :o
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited August 2010
    In 2182 we'll be able to deal with it easily.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited August 2010
    a 0.001 chance.

i wouldnt be too worried.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Wasn't there an asteroid that was predicted to hit Earth not too long ago? Let's see how this one goes :D

Perhaps in a related story, I'm actually interested in living to see the end of the world. It's why a part of me actually wants the world to end in 2012 :o

2012 is bullshit. It's not even in Maya mythology. White people made that up.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    2012 is bullshit. It's not even in Maya mythology. White people made that up.

Well it is in Mayan myth but it doesn't have anything to do with the world ending. All 2012 signified was the end of an age and entering into a new era.
  • vOmitreevOmitree Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Yeah will probably have some sort of shock absorbing shield surrounding the earth by then anyways. Or I'll just use my laser.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited August 2010
    vOmitree wrote: »
    Or I'll just use my laser.

Good luck with that. Lasers will be illegal in 5 years, tops. Too many idiots doing stupid shit with them.
  • vOmitreevOmitree Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    LOL after that extreme "liquid cold laser"| or whatev's that retardary was named. Seriously, I thought that was a pretty cool product but after thinking about what I could do for fun that wasn't illegal with it, it seemed like a little to expensive for that sort of thing.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    Lasers? What, are you guys still living in the 2070s? We have FUCKING ION CANNONS in the 2180s!
  • edited August 2010
    By then people will have shit to deal with something like that.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    By then people will have shit to deal with something like that.

Yeah but Bruce Willis will be dead so we cant stop it.