Trading Guide.

DfgDfg Admin
edited July 2010 in Man Cave
I moved this guide from dfg. Since I wrote it, I don't using it here. And I'm a fag.

Whenever you want to trade here please try to include as much information as possible. Following are the points which should be kept in mind:
  • The Item should be legal.
  • The Item should have some value or market (if possible).
  • It would be helpful if you can include a picture of the product or some reference image.
  • Make sure you mention all the required details which a person might require for shipping.
  • The Trading on Totse is public meaning anyone can see it, so be on your guard.
  • Different Countries have different laws regarding certain things, make sure you mention your Country and the product Status as legal or illegal.
  • Transactions should be done in e-mail or in private only, please don't forget that.

Tips for Computer/Console Trading:
Most of the time people forget how much it is important to give details about Computers or Consoles when it comes to trading.
  • Hardware Components:
    Ram, Processor,Hard Disk, DVD Writer, Monitor and other accessories should be mentioned. It's better to make a list or some kind of table, remember if it looks presentable users will consider getting it.
  • Current State of the Equipment:
    There is always a risk of malfunction when it comes to Electronics, make sure you test that equipment before trading and also the buyer should get some kind of assurance from the sellers before making the trade (i.e the equipment works)
  • Make your Trade Attractive:
    To make your trade attractive throw in some bonus stuff, like Free ABC DVD or in consoles some Game DVD would do wonders.
  • It's all About Details:
    If your not that Tech savvy Google is your friend. The more detail you put out there in a concise and readable manner the more chances of your trade getting through.
  • Know your Audience:
    The amount of Information you put out there should be according to the buyers you are aiming for. For less tech savvy include information in concise and easy to understand manner, for more advance users adding more information doesn't hurt.

Firearm Trading
Not allowed according to the rules.

Drugs Trading
Any drugs trading is not allowed, in case of homebrew stuff more information is required.

Research Chemicals
If they are active component of any known drug or if they can be used as drugs i will not allow them. But i will lock any RC thread made without confirmation. Always PM me before making threads related to RC.

Trolling/Spamming
Both are not allowed, if i see a flagged (i.e a Universal Troll) poster making a thread, i will make sure that he doesn't spam or troll here (confirmation by PM). Your posts will be edited or deleted in case of spam and your threads will be locked in case of trolling and also i might restrict future threads in case of frequent trolling and spamming.

Protecting You Personal Information: (Trading)
It shouldn't come as a surprise that most people on the Internet can actually harm you by using simple tricks to get access to your personal information. Once your personal information is exposed you might get into a lots of trouble. So, to prevent that from happening it is recommended to follow these small tips:

* Trade only once you're sure that the person is credible and wont be able to harm you in anyway.
* Provide only the information which is required, be cautious when the Credit Cards come into play.
* For better anonymity use a Poste restante, this will protect your real address and your personal information as well. In some regions different services might be available please check before making any transactions.

Protecting You Personal Information: (Computer/Internet)
Although it might seldom happen but sometimes the poster might use URL's which might be harmful, while contacting you through e-mail, following simple tips will help you prevent any mishap from happening. (hopefully)

* Check the URL, if its www.g00gle.com instead of www.google.com. Don't click it.
* Use a secure browser, such as Firefox with Add-on (NoScript).
* Don't expose your main e-mail address, you might get a good trade but nobody likes tons of spam in their mail boxes.
* Use common sense, if it doesn't feel right it usually isn't.
* If you have to use Credit Cards make sure you are using a Secure Connection (SSL), applies to paypal as well.

Thread Titles

It goes without saying, that a good title will attract more attention. The Title should be concise and attractive remember your thread will be displayed on Hot Topics.

* Use Tags such as WantedTrade depending on the requirement. This will help the traders in distinguishing between different deals.
* FULL CAPS and OMG Leet stuff etc isn't a good idea. It's better to keep it simple.

Comments