Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited September 2010
    Orly? Where's your scientific backing for your rebuttal? :mad:

Funny, I was wondering the same thing.
    edited September 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    So you're going to grow a layer of fur and fat padding under it in limited time?

The odds of that happening are slim to none, and slim's out of town.

Even those people with that werewolve disease would die off. Their hair wouldn't be able to absorb any heat at all.

These "humans" that adapted to the previous Ice Age, already had several advantages and were used to living in the Arctic biome.

So they were like that before the last ice age? And what were those advantages?
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited September 2010
    A quick Googling will resolve both of your questions.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited September 2010
    People fail to understand that natural selection does NOT mean you evolve to fit the situation. It means when something new comes along, the only ones who survive are the ones who are already suited to it. If an ice age comes, we aren't going to evolve down feathers to keep us warm. We'll be fucked unless we find a way to deal with the new situation.
    edited September 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    People fail to understand that natural selection does NOT mean you evolve to fit the situation. It means when something new comes along, the only ones who survive are the ones who are already suited to it. If an ice age comes, we aren't going to evolve down feathers to keep us warm. We'll be fucked unless we find a way to deal with the new situation.

+1 for taking Bio in freshman HS.
    edited September 2010
    dysgraphia wrote: »
    i don't know what the fuck i am talking about but google does.

fixt'
  • AlbinoEthiopianAlbinoEthiopian Regular
    edited September 2010

That's a lot more education than you have. An ice age will not just happen in an hour. It will be a slow occurrence just like the last ones have been. Even if it happens all of a sudden for some strange reason that we cause by ourselves probably. (nuclear related) We have the technology to stay warm, and to not die. Yes some people would die, especially in third world countries, but as a whole we are too smart for that to wipe out the human race.
    edited September 2010
    That's a lot more education than you have. An ice age will not just happen in an hour. It will be a slow occurrence just like the last ones have been. Even if it happens all of a sudden for some strange reason that we cause by ourselves probably. (nuclear related) We have the technology to stay warm, and to not die. Yes some people would die, especially in third world countries, but as a whole we are too smart for that to wipe out the human race.
    :facepalm:

Did you re-read what you wrote?

As for TDR's comment, I'm too lazy to elaborate on it. You're better off reading it from a reputable source than me. Don't want to spark another of your trollfest threads you ignite on Coklet.
    edited September 2010
    :facepalm:

Did you re-read what you wrote?

As for TDR's comment, I'm too lazy to elaborate on it. You're better off reading it from a reputable source than me. Don't want to spark another of your trollfest threads you ignite on Coklet.

Yeah you got me. Ima troll...

In reality you opened your mouth and and wrote a check your ass can't cash kid.
    edited September 2010

And it begins!
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010

I like how you call everyone who disagrees with you "kid". It's cute.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited September 2010

Honors bio, muthafucka!!!

Sadly it's a concept way too many people cannot grasp :facepalm:
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited October 2010
    That would be pretty cool but i doubt that we will be alive to see the evolution of man into the super human race:(

So said Hitler :p
  • zingalongzingalong Regular
    edited October 2010
    That would be pretty cool but i doubt that we will be alive to see the evolution of man into the super human race:(

adolf_hitler_portrait.jpg

Tell me about it.