Need opinions on purchasing a bong.

duuudeduuude Regular
edited September 2010 in Man Cave
jjgl5841.jpg

http://www.grasscity.com/glass-waterpipe-tar-catcher.html

For some reason I really like this bong.
What you guys think?? The slide/bowl piece looks like it would be kind of shitty.. I just can't decide if it is worth $60+

Comments

• MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited September 2010
    That thing looks awful. The downstem for the a/c looks like brass or copper, plus look at how god damn long it is! It's touching the bottom for fuck sake, and it looks like the downstem in the main chamber is doing the same. That dome perc is going to make things 1000000000x more draggy. In my honest opinion, that bong sucks dick, and it will probably take 6-7 lungs to clear it.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    http://www.everyonedoesit.com/online_headshop/Killer_Bongs__Floor_60.cfm?iProductID=2316

acrylic_black_water_bong_killer_floor_60.jpg

The killer floor 60 I used this thing for ever until the cops took it. It hit's hard as hell. Really anything by killer bongs is great. I know it's plastic but still its great. If you get it i'd recommend getting a glass hitter piece though.
  • edited September 2010
    If you live in the U.S., I'd be careful about ordering bongs online.

Bongs are classed as drug paraphernalia now (Illegal) and they can be seized without recourse. I found that out the hard way. Play it safe and go to your local head-shop, or at least don't spend a lot of money if you do order it online.

EDIT: Also, buy something simple. That one looks like it'd be a bitch to clean, a bitch to hit and a pain in the ass in general.
    edited September 2010
    If you live in the U.S., I'd be careful about ordering bongs online.

Bongs are classed as drug paraphernalia now (Illegal) and they can be seized without recourse. I found that out the hard way. Play it safe and go to your local head-shop, or at least don't spend a lot of money if you do order it online.

EDIT: Also, buy something simple. That one looks like it'd be a bitch to clean, a bitch to hit and a pain in the ass in general.

Is this something that just happened? Ive never had a problem ordering them. I thought if they were for "tobacco use only" it was ok?
  • edited September 2010
    Is this something that just happened?

Happened to me earlier this year.
    Ive never had a problem ordering them. I thought if they were for "tobacco use only" it was ok?

You might get your stuff safely, but if you don't and you get a letter from U.S. Customs and Border Protection informing you that it's been confiscated because it was being "imported contrary to U.S. law", there won't be a goddamn thing to do about it.

Also, no, bongs are paraphernalia now. And laws in at least one state make it so that your bong-water can be treated the same as actual marijuana (Due to a court ruling that it constituted a "Drug mixture"). This means that they pour it out, weigh it and charge you with possession of x amount of marijuana, which depending on your bong could be a lot.
    edited September 2010
    Happened to me earlier this year.

You might get your stuff safely, but if you don't and you get a letter from U.S. Customs and Border Protection informing you that it's been confiscated because it was being "imported contrary to U.S. law", there won't be a goddamn thing to do about it.

Also, no, bongs are paraphernalia now. And laws in at least one state make it so that your bong-water can be treated the same as actual marijuana (Due to a court ruling that it constituted a "Drug mixture"). This means that they pour it out, weigh it and charge you with possession of x amount of marijuana, which depending on your bong could be a lot.

Shit man that's gay. Ive only had customs seize an order once it was for RC's. I haven't ordered a piece in forever so that's probably why.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited September 2010
    Thanks for all the insight from everyone.. still looking around although JustAnotherAsshole's posts will prob. have me too paranoid to order online.

I guess I'm just gonna try to look for something simple that will rip my face off.
  • edited September 2010
    duuude wrote: »
    Thanks for all the insight from everyone.. still looking around although JustAnotherAsshole's posts will prob. have me too paranoid to order online.

I guess I'm just gonna try to look for something simple that will rip my face off.

You won't get arrested or charged or anything (At least for paraphernalia), your stuff will just get ripped off.