Man on Wire [2008]

DfgDfg Admin
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
manonwire.jpg
On August 7, 1974, Philippe Petit, a French wire walker, juggler, and street performer days shy of his 25th birthday, spent 45 minutes walking, dancing, kneeling, and lying on a wire he and friends strung between the rooftops of the Twin Towers. Uses contemporary interviews, archival footage, and recreations to tell the story of his previous walks between towers of Notre Dame and of the Sydney Harbour Bridge, his passions and friendships, and the details of the night before the walk: getting cable into the towers, hiding from guards, and mounting the wire. It ends with observations of the profound changes the walk's success brought to Philippe and those closest to him.

Imdb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1155592/

I will be honest with you guys, after watching this documentary I truly feel the loss of WTC. I mean before that it was just another skyscraper but after watching this documentary it has changed into something magnificent. It's almost like a love affair.

What makes this documentary stand out is the whole difficulty level and the psychological pressure. I mean imagine wire walking between Twin Towers with all the wind and other elements it's just impossible and watching Philippe do that is just amazing. You feel a powerful emotion which is hard to describe. It's almost like seeing someone complete a dream and you get inspired by him because you always wanted to be like that.

The effort his team put in and amount of struggle they did in that time is just awesome. You don't see any action sequences nor do you see any famous actors or anything, this documentary is just about one man and his dream to conquer the magnificent Twin towers [R.I.P] with just shear will power and his amazing talent to wire walk.

I loved every minute of it and I have to agree it was worth watching. I am just inspired by Philippe and his crew.

If you're a tehconnection member you might be able to download this documentary otherwise Google it.

In short it was an honor watching this documentary, surely people like Philippe can achieve the impossible.

Highly recommended.