The Hunt for Gollum [2009]

DfgDfg Admin
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Yes, a new Lord of the Rings film, made by fans, for fans - The Hunt for Gollum. And it looks fantastic.

Attention all Lord of the Rings geeks feeling withdrawal symptoms following the cinematic release of Return of the King a few years back. If you, like some of us here, have found every successive holiday period since then a seeming empty void, your prayers may be about to be answered.

By, of all things, a fan film.

Now, the term 'fan film' can often bring up connotations of sad fan-types swanning about in bad costumes, ruining lines, and with editing akin to a combined amphetamine rush and red cordial binge. But not so The Hunt for Gollum.

We saw the trailer for his at the end of last year, and I'm not afraid to say... it left me very impressed. There's a second teaser out, too - both on YouTube, by the way - and this week marks the full 40 minute films online release. It's free to download, too.

That said, the site is being a little... unresponsive. Might be something to do with the SlashDot story posted about it... Anyway, keep checking the site over the weekend, and make the time to watch what's looking like one hell of a fan effort.

Source: http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/News/143808,new-lord-of-the-rings-film.aspx
With that done here is the real good part;

http://thehuntforgollum.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html (official site with live streaming in HD)

It's free and you can watch it in HD, judging by the trailer i am impressed. Since i don't have High Speed Internet i can't watch the movie :( but i will find another way.

For any LOTR fan this film is a must, post your feedback after watching the film and please use spoiler tags if possible :).

Comments

• weathersweathers Regular
    edited July 2010
    I randomly watched about 10 minutes of this a few weeks ago. For a fan movie it looks fucking awesome production wise. I'm not a huge LOTR fan though so didn't stick with it.

I remember reading somewhere else that they've chosen a weird story section to adapt though, as in an incosequential part. I guess that's sort of the point of fan films though.