Autumn in New York [2000]

DfgDfg Admin
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
A May-December romance. He's 48, on the cover of New York magazine, an upscale restaurateur, and a womanizer who rejects ideas of love. She's 22, living with her grandmother, artistic, facing a tumor that's life-threatening, which she tells him about the morning after their first night, when he tells her not to expect permanence from him. Will finds Charlotte unprecedented and unpredictable, and experiences feelings of love, but she packs him off when he's casually unfaithful. He's stung, and he's also flummoxed by the appearance of a young woman from his past. Can he convince Charlotte to take him back, and can he help her through her illness and change his irresponsible ways?

Yes, I read the reviews on imdb and considering the user base I honestly don't give a flying fuck or maybe I do. The point is the people writing reviews on that site are mostly fanatic about movies and they tend to take everything seriously. They also failtroll from time to time.

This movie which I watched way back in 2002 or 2003 is a simple LOVE story [Btw I just watched it again today]. It's nothing grand, it's just a movie about caring for someone and having that special feeling which only few are blessed it.

Like others I can bitch about script, timing, characters, shots etc but I didn't watch this movie to write some review. I watched it for my enjoyment. And it delivered it. I love the scenes and the story. It's a simple LOVE story which is capable of moving your heart.

In a way you want to have someone special in your life. Imagine just staring at the stars and see her face, things like that. In other words romantic. If compared to other romantic movies, this one isn't that strong but if the weather outside is lovely and you're in a mood to explore your romantic side. Try this movie, maybe it will rekindle your love for someone.