So is this the new zoklet clone?

MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
edited May 2011 in Spurious Generalities
lol zoklet clone... whod want to clone those guys?

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    Nope it's Totse but it's a bit different. We're buliding Totse again and this time past mistakes will not be repeated. We're taking good things and removing bad things which ultimately killed Totse.
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited July 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    Nope it's Totse but it's a bit different. We're buliding Totse again and this time past mistakes will not be repeated. We're taking good things and removing bad things which ultimately killed Totse.

I hope bad things includes thanks/rep. Also: every forums gets a post count or none. No more hanging HB out to dry because they're special :mad:
  • MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited July 2010

You ever see those phone batter chargers that work through inductive charging? That thing is like wireless man. Like, no fucking wires at all.

I kinda want this place to be like that.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    You ever see those phone batter chargers that work through inductive charging? That thing is like wireless man. Like, no fucking wires at all.

I kinda want this place to be like that.

It will stay that way. I will make sure of that. I have been with Zoklet for year, I know what to avoid and what to encourage.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited July 2010
    It will stay that way. I will make sure of that. I have been with Zoklet for year, I know what to avoid and what to encourage.

id +thank you if i could
  • edited July 2010
    Dfg. The links you posted on zoklet are broken, the ones in the anime section, and so is your sig.

You need to replace forum1 with bbs.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    Dfg. The links you posted on zoklet are broken, the ones in the anime section, and so is your sig.

You need to replace forum1 with bbs.

I know..... that will take some time. 200+ threads.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    I know..... that will take some time. 200+ threads.

Thats a shitload of threads.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    Anonymous wrote: »
    Thats a shitload of threads.

That's nothing. I think I made like 2000+ threads on Zoklet. I referring to the threads I moved to Totse.
  • edited July 2010
    Lol, someone should invite Meta to the party.
  • WANWAN Regular
    edited May 2011

and acidmelt, too.

lol I exchanges emails with that guy a few time. he cracked me up
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited May 2011

I kinda miss the bastard to be honest. Damn it now I'm having flashbacks of the good ole' days. Damn you Jeff :(
  • NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
    edited May 2011
    I never had a problem with Meta, myself, although I tended to stay out of SG and BLTC on totse. He was always pleasant to me on zoklet and didn't seem that bad of a guy, from what I know of him.
  • WANWAN Regular
    edited May 2011
    I wasn't there to witness it myself but I heard meta was banning people for posting pics of his daughter that he VOLUNTARILY put up on the boards
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited May 2011
    All you people romanticizing about anything "good" Meta brought to Totse needs to be slapped with a huge dose of reality again. Besides Zok and his failed adminning, there wasn't any one person that did more damage to the original Totse. That insecure piece of garbage ran off HUNDREDS (if not thousands) of users, and many many fellow moderators.

Meta never wanted lively discourse, he just wanted a bunch of wet behind the ear know nothings to gather around his feet and listen to his stories......as if he was so much older/wiser than them and they couldn't talk to him on "his level".

He was far and away one of the WORST moderators I've ever encountered, no matter the message board or how "nice" it had to be. I can't even tell you how many times he would moderate a thread, entering it by saying something like....."I haven't read this whole thread, but......." and then he would prattle on with his self serving idiocy talking as if he knew what the fuck was going on without even reading the whole fuckin thread. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

The guy is a embarrasement to free speech, and embarrasement to partiers everywhere, and an outright embarrasement to the male species. He CONSTANTLY plays the role of victim in all aspects of his world...IRL or on these stupid cyber communities.

And I can tell you all this much...that worthless little cunt was deleting truthful posts just because he didn't agree with them literally MINUTES until Totse shut down. No, I'm not talking hours...I mean in the minutes before Jeff finally pulled the plug, that spastic moron was ban/delete happy to the very end. When everyone else was trying to get one last gasp of fun, Meta was there getting off on his "power" (ELL OH FUCKIN ELL @ the only power this pissant could ever obtain in life) to the very bitter end.

Meta was the absolute ANTITHESIS of what Totse was supposed to be all about, and he was a huge part of the reason it was just a shithole with kidiots and morons the last couple years. He managed to run so many QUALITY posters and more importantly fellow moderators off the site with his stupidity....that not many decent people were left that wanted to tolerate his blithering hypocrisy, games, and never ending stupidity. :(
  • LuxJigabooLuxJigaboo Regular
    edited May 2011
    DaGuru wrote: »
    And I can tell you all this much...that worthless little cunt was deleting truthful posts just because he didn't agree with them literally MINUTES until Totse shut down. No, I'm not talking hours...I mean in the minutes before Jeff finally pulled the plug, that spastic moron was ban/delete happy to the very end. When everyone else was trying to get one last gasp of fun, Meta was there getting off on his "power" (ELL OH FUCKIN ELL @ the only power this pissant could ever obtain in life) to the very bitter end.

Ha ha, until the last day of totse, I had rarely ever posted in SG, as I stayed in HB, but on the last day, I kept making the same thread repeatedly in SG, and Meta would keep deleting them. It took me a long time to make each thread because totse was so slow (more than usual) as it was being shut down, and it must have taken meta even longer than usual to delete those threads, but that was how dedicated (perhaps excessively) he was to his moderator position. Still, he did unban everyone that he had banned, so that they could make their last goodbyes. :D:D
  • NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
    edited May 2011
    I know he was ban and lock happy, but I only ever really saw that with multiple clone threads. Like I said though, I never spent much time in his sections on totse, only ever spoke to him on zoklet.

If he was locking, moving and deleting posts for no good reason, then that is unacceptable.
  • WANWAN Regular
    edited May 2011
    DaGuru wrote: »
    All you people romanticizing about anything "good" Meta brought to Totse needs to be slapped with a huge dose of reality again. Besides Zok and his failed adminning, there wasn't any one person that did more damage to the original Totse. That insecure piece of garbage ran off HUNDREDS (if not thousands) of users, and many many fellow moderators.

Meta never wanted lively discourse, he just wanted a bunch of wet behind the ear know nothings to gather around his feet and listen to his stories......as if he was so much older/wiser than them and they couldn't talk to him on "his level".

He was far and away one of the WORST moderators I've ever encountered, no matter the message board or how "nice" it had to be. I can't even tell you how many times he would moderate a thread, entering it by saying something like....."I haven't read this whole thread, but......." and then he would prattle on with his self serving idiocy talking as if he knew what the fuck was going on without even reading the whole fuckin thread. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

The guy is a embarrasement to free speech, and embarrasement to partiers everywhere, and an outright embarrasement to the male species. He CONSTANTLY plays the role of victim in all aspects of his world...IRL or on these stupid cyber communities.

Meta was the absolute ANTITHESIS of what Totse was supposed to be all about, and he was a huge part of the reason it was just a shithole with kidiots and morons the last couple years. He managed to run so many QUALITY posters and more importantly fellow moderators off the site with his stupidity....that not many decent people were left that wanted to tolerate his blithering hypocrisy, games, and never ending stupidity. :(
    ha, I remember that loser (meta) banned me for breaking no rules at all. All I did was argue with him, or badger him, if you will. that cripple couldn't handle my arguments and my posts and he banned me using all sorts of wild, lame excuses. The first time he banned me the reason stated I hacked the forum or something, the second time it said something equally untrue. I maintain till this day that I didn't break any of the rules when talking on the boards, whether to meta or anywayone. All I did was put up texts and that cripple couldn't handle them
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    WAN wrote: »
    ha, I remember that loser (meta) banned me for breaking no rules at all. All I did was argue with him, or badger him, if you will. that cripple couldn't handle my arguments and my posts and he banned me using all sorts of wild, lame excuses. The first time he banned me the reason stated I hacked the forum or something, the second time it said something equally untrue. I maintain till this day that I didn't break any of the rules when talking on the boards, whether to meta or anywayone. All I did was put up texts and that cripple couldn't handle them

LAWL, for real hahaha. It looks like words really do hurt.

Thanks DG for that informative post.

I do meet Meta from time to time in IRC. He manages TDD and I have no beef with him. He is just a bit different than others.