Lazarus; No need to worry about losing posts/threads.

DfgDfg Admin
edited July 2010 in Tech & Games
Ever had one of those “oh $*#@” moments when you've finally finished filling out a long form, and hit submit only to see an error message? And when you hit the back button, the form was blank... If so, you know you need Lazarus. And if not, you have a chance to install Lazarus before disaster strikes!

Using Lazarus, you can recover lost forms with a single click. Lazarus automagically encrypts and saves every form as you type. If the submission fails or if you forget to send it or your computer or browser crashes, then you can return to the page and recover the form data you originally entered.

I will share with you my secret weapon. It's one of those extenions that helped me save tons of content from buggy forums and blogs. I think this extension will save everyone tons of time especially considering the Server Busy messages we're getting.

If you're using Firefox, go this link: http://lazarus.interclue.com/index.html

Read up and use the Add-on. Trust me you will thank me for a long time.

Comments

• KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited July 2010
    I've never had that problem with firefox though...
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Or you can just copy the content before hitting submit.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    I've never had that problem with firefox though...
    ILTST9 wrote: »
    Or you can just copy the content before hitting submit.

You should try posting on different blogs etc. Some times even after every precaution and check they tend to fuck up.
  • 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited July 2010
    AHHHHH. YES. Usually just right clicking on the forum then clicking undo recovers it for me, but not all the time. Usually happens when I post something long, too. Thanks DFG.
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited July 2010
    This is fucking awesome.
  • Dr. AwkwardDr. Awkward Regular
    edited July 2010
    Awesome, thanks. I just wish I saw this before the server switch
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    All my posts are backed up. Thanks to this. I am restoring my threads one by one.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited July 2010
    you know, if my threads get longish i usually copy it to a text editor. Installing it know.

This plugin would have been useful a few years ago when there was a bug in glibc that would randomly close firefox.