Server Logs

DfgDfg Admin
edited May 2011 in Help and Suggestions
Like the forum log, I will add major changes in this thread.

A) Navigation links changed. [Referring to the index page]
B) Html code file ready for developers.
C) Fixed some 404 errors by finidng the missing files. Files like linkage.js were missing from Zoklet and any other totse mirror.
D) Tried to find the problem with the current template, it seems it's overextended and hence the hot topic menu on the right is missing.
E) Found directories where being called off the wrong way and some image links were broken.
F) Removed Joomla installation and moving anything which isn't required to non-public region. This is to limit any future exploits.
G) Setting file permissions to 644 and 755, also checking for any other exploits on the server. [this will take a while, the text files are HUGE]
H) Ran a check on DB for exploits, will do again once I know more things.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2010
    Redid the Hot Topics on the index page. It should be working right now. The style is a bit messy but hey it's fucking tables. I corrected it using CSS. I will revert to the old white and yellow colors anyway.

I have the Js code to Hot Topics and I can implenment it :).

Moving on favicon is now fixed and it will should be accessible.

More updates to come :).
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2010
    Fixed the Hot Topics, now it looks much better.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2010
    Finally found the template for forum. Hot Topics is now added, new links were added. Will take some time to fix IE and FF alignment issues.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2010
    Hot Topics were removed because the script was making the pages load SLOWER!. Also, that hot topic didn't really fit well for totse forums. It will work on the main page btw.

Also, edited the template. Trying to make it more streamlined and centered,
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited November 2010
    Thanks for all the hard work and dedication man:thumbsup:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2010
    ^Thanks.

I am going to turn off some features to lower the load and get it stable and then contact the host about it.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2010
    added it again, since the problem was with the server.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2010
    Images like signatures are now loading from the server HDD. This will reduce the load on the DB.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2010
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2010
    Totse css file revised and compressed to reduce bandwidth. More optimizations soon. gtg and sleep now.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited November 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    Followed these steps:
    http://www.vbulletin-faq.com/optimize-vbulletin-server.htm

Expect more speed.

Seems faster. Could be a placebo, but benefit of the doubt :D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2010
    After lot of tweaking and editing and basically bashing my head. I got the forum centered and the layout a bit better. Although the navigational links are cuttoff from the sides [curve graphics] but hey it's tables. I don't really have much room to work with in the first place.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2010
    Did some more experiments. Didn't really worked that well.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2010
    CMS added,
    Vbulletin secured,
    Different DB users added.
    Logging enabled.
    Server optimized a bit further.

ATM we're stressing the server to see what it can handle.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    Fixed 404 pages
    Ran some checks.
  • BatmanBatman Locked
    edited May 2011
    speaking about server logs, can you please flush the ip's from time to time and don't keep logs?:) it would make me feel more secure.
  • edited May 2011
    Batman wrote: »
    speaking about server logs, can you please flush the ip's from time to time and don't keep logs?:) it would make me feel more secure.

I second this, although I have no idea how it will work alongside old IP bans etc. Also, for a slightly more secure connection, are you using SSL?
  • BatmanBatman Locked
    edited May 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    I second this, although I have no idea how it will work alongside old IP bans etc. Also, for a slightly more secure connection, are you using SSL?

Yes , most of the times, through the firefox's extension, but I had to edit manually the ssl for this site as it does not recognize that it has the ability for ssl connection that extension for this site.

and speaking about the ip bans, my other locked accts have still the ip logs ? if so then I would like to get deleted if possible.:)
    Thanks.