Great DVD converter

muffinsmuffins Regular
edited July 2010 in Tech & Games
I spent two days trying various DVD converters and finally went with WinX DVD ripper platinum. It can change DVD files to most any video format and does 2 hour movies in about an hour and 15 minutes. I tried lots of other ones and this is by far the best. http://www.winxdvd.com/dvd-ripper-platinum/ Its readily availbe as a torrent. Just thought id pass this on

Comments

• GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited July 2010
    It never occured to me to torrent a ripper :facepalm:

But I use dvd decrypter and dvd shrink combo which works on 95% of dvds.
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited July 2010
    Good I have been looking for a good rip program.
    I would be careful with torrents, I got me a real bad virus awhile back.
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited July 2010
    I always use Nero.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    Ahhh I can't stand Nero these days. It is slow to adapt new formats and sticks with the basic big guys as their bread and butter. For ripping movies with me, I am still on the old school long way method.

AnyDVD loaded in the background removing all Copy Protections.

DVDShrink (6 years old and no longer being developed but still does the damn thing better than anything) to rip the entire DVD and remove all non-english languages, subtitles, extras to increase the overall output.

Then the conversion program is a little tricky. The only "All-In-One" program that ever worked solid every time in the first go-around was Total Video Converter and Magic Converter. ConvertX is nice but it fucked up on me too many times in the past. For most it's either a hit or miss.

Of course, if you are EVER serious about ripping music/movies like the pros there is another class of software for that. Hell even the n00b way of converting Bluray's to Avi is far more challenging these days and far trickier.

I need to get back into the whole shabang once Bluray's become cheap. If you really want to learn about ripping like a pro I suggest Waffles for music and a HD tracker. Their forums are always amazing and full of very sophisticated and professional people who know their shit.