Backups

edited December 2010 in Help and Suggestions
How often do we back TOTSE up? In the event of a massive fail, I don't really want anything to be missing.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    Well, back on the old host I used to backup the DB from time to time. But I have been looking at some options. The cpanel that we use also has a backup option. I guess I should make one backup now and the add some other queues.
  • edited December 2010
    What effect does backing up have on the server? Does it cause slow downs/inaccessibility or anything like that? I think we should take regular backups to ensure everything is recoverable.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    What effect does backing up have on the server? Does it cause slow downs/inaccessibility or anything like that? I think we should take regular backups to ensure everything is recoverable.

Not exactly, since this server is way faster than [&Zm/&T2] it can handle the extra work. Hell, we're like running CMS/Forums and it's not showing any signs of load. I am using Cpanel to make a backup [Complete Site backup] After that I will Google a bit and add a script or make manual backups for the forum and cms and then move them to my HDD or or a remote server. [or both]
  • edited December 2010
    Awesome. Plus, we can always have the older backups automatically pruned so we don't clog up your drives with ancient backups.

Woop :D
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited December 2010
    Ya keep three of the most recent backups and that should be enough in case something happens.