Suspected jenkem factory raided in ft pierce florida

OnesanOnesan Acolyte
edited December 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Sorry couldnt help oversensationalise the title :D

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/region_st_lucie_county/fort_pierce/smelly-house-forces-tenants-to-leave

Sorry if its already been posted however this just does seem newsworthy enough to be posted again if it already has lmao, kinda hard to take seriously but honestly either theres a hell of a dispute between the previous tenant and the landlord or it was a jenkem factory, i mean what else apart from a "fuck off the landlord" reason could there be to drench your place in shit???

Comments

• PacinoPacino Regular
    edited December 2010
    wat is a jenkem factory and wut does it do
  • GallowsGallows Regular
    edited December 2010
    Lol, nice find! Too bad Totse didn't get mentioned in the article.
  • edited December 2010
    Lmfao, that's hilarious. They must have been true totseans.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited December 2010
    A while back in the days of old totse, a member posted images of his jenkem bottle. Somehow his activities were brought to the attention of the local authorities and it made sensationalist news in a lot of places as a "new fad" that young people were partaking in (similar to the 'lipstick parties' myth).

totse was implicated in these stories and i think mentioned by name a couple of times.
  • edited December 2010
    Think we could send a message to the people covering the story and get our name mentioned? :D
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited December 2010
    We have the dubious honour of being mentioned in the Wikipedia article in relation to it:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenkem#Mainstream_media_and_Western_use
    No usage was claimed; however, the principal passed the information on to the Collier County Sheriff's Office in Naples, and on September 26 the office's intelligence bureau issued an internal intelligence bulletin that asserted alarmingly: "Jenkem is now a popular drug in American Schools." It appears that this assertion was mere conjecture, as later[update] no news reports have confirmed such widespread usage. The intelligence bulletin was based at least in part on the writings of a 13-year old boy, known online as "Pickwick," who posted in the TOTSE Better Living Through Chemistry discussion forums that he was going to try out Jenkem based on the recipe provided in the sources mentioned above.

On September 25, "Pickwick" posted to the TOTSE community, "The jenkem thing was a hoax" and retracted his previous trip report, asserting it "was faked using flour, water, beer and Nutella." He also stated "I never inhaled any poop gas and got high off it [...] I have deleted the pictures, hopefully no weirdo saved them to his computer. I just don't want people to ever recognize me as the kid who huffed poop gas."[13]
  • edited December 2010
    We need a mention in the news though, that would be cool. Reckon emailing them with a link to the Wiki article and a link to our site would be enough?

Do we have a text file on Jenkem? xD