Hypothetical: On the run after a murder

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited July 2010 in Man Cave
Ok so as many UK posters here will know, Raoul Moat was killed in the early hours of this morning.
For a week, he lived in storm drains under the village where he wounded a policeman, his ex and killed her new partner with a shotgun.

Now I was thinking, in the case that you, yes you the people reasing this thread had to commit a murder for whatever reason - how would you go about escaping the area, surviving and possibly escaping the country?

Bearing in mind the first 24 hours are crucial, and forensic teams will soon build upa case against you - time is a very precious thing.

Assuming you have either killed a politician, top ranking cop or someone for something personal and are facing a lengthy time in jail...

What do you do?

Comments

• ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    First thing I would do is cut my hair, change my clothes, and burn my old clothes used for the crime. This way I won't be as easily identifiable. I'd plant my cell phone someplace like the back of a pickup truck to give a false lead as well. Then I'd head out to the Appalachian mountains and only leave to get food and other supplies on the rare occasion. It's usually the guys that hide in the woods away from society that get away with it.
  • edited July 2010
    ILTST9 wrote: »
    First thing I would do is cut my hair, change my clothes, and burn my old clothes used for the crime. This way I won't be as easily identifiable. I'd plant my cell phone someplace like the back of a pickup truck to give a false lead as well. Then I'd head out to the Appalachian mountains and only leave to get food and other supplies on the rare occasion. It's usually the guys that hide in the woods away from society that get away with it.

Ask Eric Rudolph how well that went ...
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    I masturbate and then go to a different country.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited July 2010
    I'd rather just give myself up. Desperation leads to hasty decision taking and in the end, you'll end up committing more mistakes.

But hypothetically, the first thing to do would be to get rid of all recognizable facial features or change them. Hair, piercings, eyebrows, beard, clothing etc.. Chances are slim that you'll successfully make it though, meh.
  • Brock SamsonBrock Samson Regular
    edited July 2010
    Considering my license to kill just got renewed... Nothing.

SWIM... Mexico hides all.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    I would kill families and live in their homes. Just go town to town like that. Maybe keep like a 4 day limit on your time in their house (or long enough to clear the kitchen out) and just take their car to your next town. I'd move in an erratic fashion so as to avoid leaving a pattern of murders.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited July 2010
    i would make sure not to masturbate. last thing you need is incriminating semen. i would then burn my wallet except for the bills i had on me, get rid of my clothes, grow a beard and shave my head. i would either sneak into canada or mexico. probably canada cause they got the better weed yo.

for tl;dr
    shave head grow beard and sneak into canada for dank weed
  • edited July 2010
    Considering that I'm not very politically active and have no arrest record, I probably wouldn't be much of a suspect. Also, if I were to kill someone, I'd do it in such a way that anyone could have done it. Something like a poison or maybe clubbing them to death with a big stick found in their back yard or something.

Nothing that could be traced back to any specific place or person. If I thought I was being looked for, I'd rent a car in a fake name and make my way to Mexico (Changing vehicles and appearances as often as possible along the way). Canada is no place for a fugitive, as they have decent law enforcement there. Once I was in Mexico, I'd either want to continue deeper into South America or find a way to get to Asia or Africa. Once in either of those places, I would stay with acquaintances until I came up with a proper plan as to go about putting my life back together.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited July 2010
    ive got a pair of non-medical glasses, which i can use with other things as a disguise of sorts. i would then casually go to a different state and just hang out in a rural area until things blow over.

and not trust anyone
  • edited July 2010
    If nobody could identify me I'd simply go back to living my life and try not to open my mouth when I'm beyond shit faced. If they were looking for me, I'm try to immediately carjack somebody, make them drive me into canada, then once we're there, kick their ass out and drive a few more hundred miles then ditch the car and hitch. That or sneak onto a small town airstrip and force some amateur pilot to fly me somewhere nice. I'd be sure to rob a bank before I did it. There's no reason not to, you're already fucked if they find you.
  • SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
    edited July 2010
    A serial murder is the easiest thing to get away with, as opposed to other murders that have motive. It's the motive that often gets people caught. If done right, you wouldn't need to go on the run at all. In fact, this may draw more attention towards you than, say, continuing on with your daily routine.

EDIT: *would be the easiest thing to get away with :rolleyes: