What gaming console does TOTSE play?

duuudeduuude Regular
edited March 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I have a PS3 and I've really liked it so far.. haven't had any problems with it. I chose it of course because of the Blu-ray and free online.. and a lot of my friends that had an Xbox, all had trouble with them.

So.. what console do you guys play/prefer?? I know there's a good bit of people that play PC as well so I added it as an option

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Option? I don't even see a poll :P
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited December 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Option? I don't even see a poll :P

lol you posted before I could finish making it.

I'm stoned
  • edited December 2010
    Fuck yeah, stoned.

Anyway, I voted PC. PC is a fantastic, upgradable platform with a fuck load of games, sporting awesome graphics and gameplay. Mouse and keyboard pwns control joysticks for FPS games.

That said, things like Fifa and racing games belong on console.

THAT said - I run GRID on my PC and it's awesome. No complaints there.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited December 2010
    PS3. I used to have a 360 but traded it in for PS3. Fuck paying for xbox live. I never did pay for it so the system was useless. I refuse to pay money for online.
  • edited December 2010
    Totally agree with that - I hate having to pay for online gaming. Probably one of the things I hate most about the Xbox.
    edited December 2010
    If the xbox didn't require payment for online and there wasn't the risk of it overheating then it would be the superior system even if it doesn't have blue ray.
  • edited December 2010
    If the xbox didn't require payment for online and there wasn't the risk of it overheating then it would be the superior system even if it doesn't have blue ray.

Didn't they fix the overheating with a new motherboard setup in the slim ones?
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited December 2010
    PC, no question.

You should've included Mac for the lulz :o
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited December 2010
    I use a 360. It's kool because everyone has one, so you could always play with somebody you know. I wish I had a decent PC though, so I would't have to pay for shit.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited December 2010
    lulz?

I go hardcore in L4D2 and TF2 on my mac.
    edited December 2010
    Limited selection. You can't play this:

neverhood.jpg
    edited December 2010
    That's gay though.

It's only for faggots that think being obsessed with it is cute.
    edited December 2010
    It is cute.

Abused as a child much? :facepalm:
    edited December 2010
    gook much?
    edited December 2010
    Of course 100%

Hey you ninjaedited from chink to gook, faggot :mad:
    edited December 2010
    fu nigger gook.
    edited December 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    gook much?

Gooks are Vietnamese. I'm pretty sure mayberry is a chinaman.
    edited December 2010
    lol @ butthurt. Don't derail this thread. PC vs Mac in terms of gaming is on topic. Discussing Mayberry's Chink level is not.
  • edited December 2010
    How many of these PC gamers use Steam then?
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited December 2010
    I try to use steam, but i suck. ( also hook is acceptable for all asians, they actually used it for Koreans first.)
  • SemSem Regular
    edited December 2010
    PC. Modding games helps extend gameplay not to mention all of the free games thanks to torrents
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited December 2010
    360 and a tad of PC (old school games like Fallout 2 and STALKER or C+C)
  • edited December 2010
    I love my PC. I built it myself, which makes it seem just that little more awesome.

I downloaded Burnout Paradise and Goldeneye Source for free yesterday, and got the Flatout games on the steam sale :D
  • proudclod9proudclod9 Regular
    edited December 2010
    Gooks are Vietnamese. I'm pretty sure mayberry is a chinaman.

Aren't you assTOOT...
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited December 2010
    i play the ps3. I once had an xbox 360 and it got the red ring of death, so i gave up on the shit, and i agree free online gaming is the shit :thumbsup:
  • AD2011AD2011 Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    Not voting but I have a XBOX360 and a Wii.

I never really got into PC gaming, I prefer to lounge on the couch or lay down on the floor when playing a game. I also like controllers, which are the standard with consoles.

Do PC's have 'fun' games like DDR or shooting games using a light gun rather than...a mouse?

Although with these criticisms I have been wanting to connect a XBOX360 controller to the PC and play PC games using it. I love the XBOX360 controller.

Never went much on PlayStations.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited January 2011
    Sometimes i play SNES on my PC and I have an N64 console.

I have a PS2 and a broken xbox as well.
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited January 2011
    PC states Rolf, for some of the greatest games ever created have been PC-only, not to mention the multi-platform games which almost always look and play better on PC, states Rolf.
  • edited January 2011
    AD2011 wrote: »
    Not voting but I have a XBOX360 and a Wii.

I never really got into PC gaming, I prefer to lounge on the couch or lay down on the floor when playing a game. I also like controllers, which are the standard with consoles.

Do PC's have 'fun' games like DDR or shooting games using a light gun rather than...a mouse?

Although with these criticisms I have been wanting to connect a XBOX360 controller to the PC and play PC games using it. I love the XBOX360 controller.

Never went much on PlayStations.

I'm not sure about light guns, but like you said - you can connect your controller to the PC. Read my guide about controllers, and you can also connect a PS3 controller to the PC with ease :)

PC gaming FTW. PC gaming with a controller = double win.
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited January 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    PC gaming with a controller = double win.

Unless thou is playing a game which requires more than a handful of keys/buttons... states Rolf.
  • edited January 2011
    Rolf wrote: »
    Unless thou is playing a game which requires more than a handful of keys/buttons... states Rolf.

Yeah, this is true. I only use my controller with the PC when playing racing games like Burnout Paradise. For FPS and other games, keyboard and mouse all the way.
  • AD2011AD2011 Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    I think XBOX360 wired controllers are USB so can go directly go into a PC, there's a wireless receiver available too.

I plan on getting one of these, pimping my laptop or tower out with Emus + Roms and being a lazy bum playing through them when I'm on Annual Leave from work.

I already got a wireless Keyboard and Mouse to do remote computer tasks....all this on a 42" HDTV
  • busxbusx Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    I prefer PC gaming, but the need to continually upgrade your PC to keep up with rapidly increasing system requirements puts a real dent in your wallet. You only have to get a new console every 5 years or so, but I find myself upgrading my PC in some way at least once a year.
  • xionousxionous Semo-Regulars
    edited March 2011
    busx wrote: »
    I prefer PC gaming, but the need to continually upgrade your PC to keep up with rapidly increasing system requirements puts a real dent in your wallet. You only have to get a new console every 5 years or so, but I find myself upgrading my PC in some way at least once a year.

last time i upgraded my PC was 4 years ago and i can run ARMA II on maxed graphics settings at over 100 fps, and have no trouble playing any newly released game. if you shop smart when you buy a PC and do you research and get hardware with good benchmark scores you don't have to upgrade for ages.
  • edited March 2011
    busx wrote: »

I haven't upgraded this machine since I built it a couple of years ago and I can still run all the newest releases. Future proofing man, future proofing :)
  • SpeedbagsSpeedbags Regular
    edited March 2011
    For actual console I'd have to go with SNES, however PC is my gaming platform of choice.