Ban Failtrolls?

124»

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2011
    fanglekai wrote: »
    You and TDR spam up the forum with worthless posting, and then you act all indignant when I refuse to respond to you seriously. It's laughable that either of you demand anyone to be serious or to make serious replies. I wasn't ever butthurt. I was laughing at you both for all this feigned indignation that came up all of a sudden when I decided it'd be lulzy to post how you both post in every other thread you've both ever posted in.

You both can contribute to the forum, as you've evidenced in this thread, yet you chose to make failposts and one liners in serious sections. It's time to stop the failtrolling and contribute. Now everyone knows you both can contribute, so do it.

I wanted to stir up the community into discussing this situation. It was time to hear some opinions on the matter so things won't get out of hand. I'm glad a lot of people have replied, and I'm glad that both of you have finally decided to post serious replies. Hopefully you'll remember this thread as a lesson and be better members here.

Funny how your fellow mods kind of indicate that is is you that should have learned a lesson here. :facepalm:
  • p6867p6867 Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    So, TDR and louiscypher just do the same shit here and bitch about the mods and administration just like they always have? 3 Months TDR, that's how long I give you before they get sick of your shit and ban you.
    edited January 2011
    p6867 wrote: »
    So, TDR and louiscypher just do the same shit here and bitch about the mods and administration just like they always have? 3 Months TDR, that's how long I give you before they get sick of your shit and ban you.

I am happy I give your life meaning.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011

Actually as much as he pisses me off I don't think TDR has done anything remotely bannable. Big Bear on the other hand is a different case.
    edited January 2011
    Actually as much as he pisses me off I don't think TDR has done anything remotely bannable. Big Bear on the other hand is a different case.

See p6867, as messed up as I think SquirtyManjiz is even he can figure out that simply not liking what someone has to say is not grounds for removing their right to say it. Now scuttle on back to the hole called Zoklet and take your masters a message for me. Tell them to make sure Zok has the coffee on for me when I come to Columbus in Feb.
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited January 2011

On the contrary bleedin...imean p6867 I am still a loyal Zoklet member, continuously working to better the site for the entire community.
  • edited January 2011
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited January 2011
    Funny how your fellow mods kind of indicate that is is you that should have learned a lesson here. :facepalm:
    Lol. You've finally started posting seriously. You already learned the lesson I had in store for you. This thread was for you, gramps.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011
    I would hate to see this place be like zoklet where people get banned because a mod doesn't like someone. However We can't have people like Big bear and other malicious when they post a thread in S&A that only talks about cock but as far as fail trolls we need to be very leniant about what constitutes a fail troll. Bans should only be for people who intentionality try to harm the site.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    Bullshit. You use that group as your own personal time out box against anyone with the convictions to stand against the poisonous ideology of jizzlam. Why is it that me and Big Bear, who are both in this group, also happen to be the two strongest opponents to your sickening death cult of the moon god on this whole forum? Why is it that everyone you make a mod loves nothing more than islam, and would be content to suck the shit out of the ayatollah's asshole if you asked them to? Why don't you just drop the fucking charade, change the website name to alqimmah.net and ban Sarahfugly unless she drapes her generously proportioned body in miles of fabric?

:hai:

You just made my day <3.

Homie, if you want I can add more people in that group :). Please, behave and I will move you out of it.
    edited January 2011
    Lol. You've finally started posting seriously. You already learned the lesson I had in store for you. This thread was for you, gramps.

It is a shame. You have the potential to be a good mod. But it seems your foolish pride is going to prevent you.

Let me break this down for you.

I posted in a certain fashion for a specific reason that I have already outlined.

You got caught in the crossfire between myself and my intended target SquirtyManjiz.

The posts from me that were directed at you caused you butt hurt.

You created this thread.

The community voted you down.

I revealed my plan.

You then backtrack and claim that it was you that had the plan all along.:facepalm:

It is real simple here kid, you allowed your butt hurt to lead you to the entrance of the dark side.

The community pulled you back.

Now be a good boy and thank everyone ITT for saving you from becoming another two bit FlabbyShark.
  • -SpectraL-SpectraL Will Faggert
    edited January 2011
    ...Bans should only be for people who intentionality try to harm the site.
    Spammers are intentionally trying to harm the site. If I walk up to your car and drag a key across its entire paint job, that's intentionally trying to harm your car. This is NO DIFFERENT. Spamming with sock puppets... continually calling out members in threads without bothering to add anything to the topic being discussed... posting a multitude of standalone pics... dropping useless one-liners all over the place... this all part of the defacement an attention-whoring kidiot hopes to harm community with, and there comes a point where the games need to stop and their dumb asses need to be booted clear across the nearest garden fence.
  • HellishHellish Regular
    edited January 2011
    I think we should start a Troll teaching service lead by Big Bear to teach people how to troll.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited January 2011
    BB is decent but not teacher material IMO, but there are different styles I suppose.
  • HellishHellish Regular
    edited January 2011
    Well, suggest a pro troll then? We can startup a Troll Fail Learning Forum
    edited January 2011
    Or how about we just tell them to pull up or we boot their dumb ass in? Seems a much more effective solution to me... then again I've never been good at the Two Step (that's a left foot right, and then a right foot shuffle, in case you wondered).
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited January 2011
    I agree with you to an extent -Spec, when its no content shite, but look at some of the stuff we have seen as trolling - some of it could be submitted as a university assignment, some of it could go into a book of fables - some of it is deep, thought provoking stuff.

JFLC and Prof. Peter Nigger PHD spring to mind - lots of research into the subject area - so much in fact it is hard for a person with a deep understanding of the subject area to counter the arguments (with regards Jim, his steroid trolling - 99% of what he was saying was based in fact, it was the 1% that was not but people could not nail him down).

SLIMs King of the World wound a fuck load of people up, but he never left an open for people to counter his argument - the same with the guy that was pretending to be black and fuck white women - all very base, inviting argument when there was nothing really to counter it but people still try.

When something is entertaining, witty and informative I dont really care if its trolling, it can be good. When something is a one liner or an irrelivent picture, it fails.

Trolling can also have a purpose. Think about TDR and how he was behaving a couple of days ago. I so wanted to post 'ignore him, he is just testing you out' but that would have spoiled it, he would have not achived his aim - which I can see his point behind.

Dont deny you dont troll in real life, you are the kind of guy that likes a yarn. Fail trolling is the equivilent of walking up to people and shouting 'queer' or 'nigger' right in the face. IRL telling a short person they would be better of buying 'mini twister' and convincing them it exists with a smaller board for them is decent.

There is a line and I dont even see it as a fine line. The gulf is massive. Its like the difference between a six year olds show and tell day at school and Shakespeare.
  • MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited January 2011
    I thought this was an obvious one.

Forums like GS, HB, B&M, IFIOTW should have the most freedom in what we are allowed to post. I mean seriously, why should you get banned in highly generalized forums?

Forums like GPP, LLR, BLTC, BI should leave room for on-topic trolls but not let it get out of hand.

The rest of the forums, especially the specialized forums should be cleaned up thoroughly to not make this site look like a big joke.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited January 2011
    It is a shame. You have the potential to be a good mod. But it seems your foolish pride is going to prevent you.

Let me break this down for you.

I posted in a certain fashion for a specific reason that I have already outlined.

You got caught in the crossfire between myself and my intended target SquirtyManjiz.

The posts from me that were directed at you caused you butt hurt.

You created this thread.

The community voted you down.

I revealed my plan.

You then backtrack and claim that it was you that had the plan all along.:facepalm:

It is real simple here kid, you allowed your butt hurt to lead you to the entrance of the dark side.

The community pulled you back.

Now be a good boy and thank everyone ITT for saving you from becoming another two bit FlabbyShark.
    You missed the entire point of this thread. I don't want to go around banning people. I just wanted people to post in this thread, and I achieved my goal. People are discussing the issue now rather than later.

The community didn't vote me down. I never wanted to ban people. It's called rhetoric. People are influenced by speech. Naming the thread "ban failtrolls?" was so people would come in and vote and talk about this issue. Presenting it the way I did was so people would come in here and actually argue in favor of something. Polarizing people leads to discussion.

Right now mods don't do much. We ban spambots, and every so often move or lock threads. That's pretty much it. The site has been growing a lot recently. We have over 2000 members. We're only going to get bigger. What are we going to do when we have 100 people spamming? What about when 150 members abuse the report a post feature? What will be done?

This has to be discussed now rather than later, and I figured the best way was to get people riled up. You certainly dropped your little baiting chester routine to post normally. I used your little baiting routine to get you to stop with the blatant trolling you were doing, and it worked. You posted lucid comments, which was what I wanted. There was never any butthurt. I had my goal in mind, and you did what I wanted you to do: You discussed the issue despite me baiting you. You thought I was expressing my own views. I wasn't. The only thing I wanted was for the community to decide how mods should mod. Personally I don't care one way or the other. The only thing I wanted was a consensus to be reached, and it seems we've had a lot of discussion. The poll was for show. The three options were obviously not the only three options, and if we were going to have an official poll on the issue it should be done after a lot of discussion and not in such a blatantly trolling manner.
    edited January 2011
    ITT: members deliberately continue to confuse fail-trolls with shitty posters
    edited January 2011
    You missed the entire point of this thread. I don't want to go around banning people. I just wanted people to post in this thread, and I achieved my goal. People are discussing the issue now rather than later.

The community didn't vote me down. I never wanted to ban people. It's called rhetoric. People are influenced by speech. Naming the thread "ban failtrolls?" was so people would come in and vote and talk about this issue. Presenting it the way I did was so people would come in here and actually argue in favor of something. Polarizing people leads to discussion.

Right now mods don't do much. We ban spambots, and every so often move or lock threads. That's pretty much it. The site has been growing a lot recently. We have over 2000 members. We're only going to get bigger. What are we going to do when we have 100 people spamming? What about when 150 members abuse the report a post feature? What will be done?

This has to be discussed now rather than later, and I figured the best way was to get people riled up. You certainly dropped your little baiting chester routine to post normally. I used your little baiting routine to get you to stop with the blatant trolling you were doing, and it worked. You posted lucid comments, which was what I wanted. There was never any butthurt. I had my goal in mind, and you did what I wanted you to do: You discussed the issue despite me baiting you. You thought I was expressing my own views. I wasn't. The only thing I wanted was for the community to decide how mods should mod. Personally I don't care one way or the other. The only thing I wanted was a consensus to be reached, and it seems we've had a lot of discussion. The poll was for show. The three options were obviously not the only three options, and if we were going to have an official poll on the issue it should be done after a lot of discussion and not in such a blatantly trolling manner.

Does butt hurt often cause you to attempt revisionist recounts of events?
  • p6867p6867 Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    On the contrary bleedin...imean p6867 I am still a loyal Zoklet member, continuously working to better the site for the entire community.

wait, do you think i'm bleeding kansas? why? because we both hate you? you might as well accuse me of being every member of either site then.