Remove "Not in my Forum"/Trashcan section

edited January 2011 in Help and Suggestions
That was never an orignal or older part of Totse, and was only the end result in the last year or so because of Zok's failed adminning and not dealing with his mods better.

Crap gets moved to HB, because that is what HB is for. Or it just gets locked/whatever ...and then people pay the price. Not rocket science, real fuckin simple....as long as you don't have crybabies modding HB being coddled to, what's the issue?

Can we try to find the OLD SCHOOL Totse flavor, please? :)

Comments

• edited January 2011
    What about threads which are PURELY trash material? Such as those made by bots which can't even speak English, etc. Even half baked is too intelligent for that shit, and we don't delete threads around here.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    HB is not for trash. It's where the lulz goes.
  • edited January 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    What about threads which are PURELY trash material? Such as those made by bots which can't even speak English, etc. Even half baked is too intelligent for that shit, and we don't delete threads around here.

^That, but we can unapprove those threads and get things over it. In old Totse time they didn't face Spam Bot issues like we do nowadays. But OP has a point.
  • edited January 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    What about threads which are PURELY trash material?

Lock/delete/infract/ban/IP buttrape accordingly.

And you'll never see me have any sympathy for HB....not today, not 10 years ago. When the day comes someone can find me some original Totse textfiles with the chatroom lite bullshit that takes place in HB...then you might sell me. Until then, why not just go to a fuckin chatroom...and not insist on leaving a shitstain skid mark on what is otherwise an esteemed place?

HB could be the most UN-Totsean thing ever, and just one of the many cop-outs Jeff Hunter succumbed to because he was lazy.
  • HellishHellish Regular
    edited January 2011
    We could always hide the forum
  • edited January 2011
    Hellish wrote: »

I support this motion^
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited January 2011
    Hellish wrote: »

HB or NIMF?

I vote both...

I never posted in HB on the original - when I was there, it seemed you fell into one of two camps - SG or HB - certain sections of SG (myself included) looked down on HB.

Same with zoklet - did not post in BC - although a quick check shows I have some posts there, it must be threads that have been moved there.

Seriously tho, HB has its uses, but I think hiding NIMF would be a good idea - people can still access posts by looking through their own stats or the stats of others or people can be linked to threads if need be.

Also just noticed that that it has been hidden. WD.
  • LuxJigabooLuxJigaboo Regular
    edited January 2011
    DaGuru wrote: »
    as long as you don't have crybabies modding HB being coddled to, what's the issue?

I will be the first to admit that I am in fact a crybaby.
    DaGuru wrote: »
    Lock/delete/infract/ban/IP buttrape accordingly.

And you'll never see me have any sympathy for HB....not today, not 10 years ago. When the day comes someone can find me some original Totse textfiles with the chatroom lite bullshit that takes place in HB...then you might sell me. Until then, why not just go to a fuckin chatroom...and not insist on leaving a shitstain skid mark on what is otherwise an esteemed place?

HB could be the most UN-Totsean thing ever, and just one of the many cop-outs Jeff Hunter succumbed to because he was lazy.

When I first found found the totse forums, I hated HB, I was like you and I wanted to see real discussions about politics and philosophy. Whenever a thread made in HB popped up, I could not understand the one liners. Later however when I re-registered, I lost the urge to discuss those serious topics, and ventured into HB for something they described as "a non conversationalist nature"

The people of HB welcomed me into their forum with open arms, and for once in my totse experience, I was satisfied. Then months later, someone like you decides to delete HB. And for what? The members of HB keep to their own forum.

Afterward, the members of HB make a Christmas card and give a copy to every forum on totse even though nobody cared enough to defend them. Such was their turning of the cheek. I have never seen a more kindhearted group of people. In HB I have seen serious information and non serious threads, but HB has its own unique culture.

I love to criticize Zok, but I would never consider Jeff lazy. I have argued with you before on zoklet that NIMF was made by Jeff in part so that trash would not have to moved to HB, but I also support the idea that threads outside of HB that are not for creating discussion should be deleted or locked and that spammers should be banned instantly. I also think that users should not be allowed to make threads in NIMF.
  • LuxJigabooLuxJigaboo Regular
    edited January 2011
    I would have honestly never guessed that in a million years :eek: It's hard to see you only posting seriously and not having any lulz in your posts.

It is strange, but HB was an acquired taste, and eventually became the only forum that I posted in until totse was taken down.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    When I first came here, it was pretty empty, but I gained a liking to the HB style immediately. Good internet humour is what I like. HB is kilometres away from the trash dump.
  • edited January 2011
    vozhde wrote: »
    I will be the first to admit that I am in fact a crybaby.

Sorry Vozhde, I realize now I didn't make myself clearer originally...but when I meant "crybabies" I was referencing the older Totse days...and not the current state of HB or its particulars. From what I remember it was the deluge of tears and immaturity from Euda, Meta and a couple other imbeciles that probably shouldn't have been mods any more at that point any how... and Zok's never-ending avoidance of all those issues that gave spawn to the trash can section.

I've never had a problem with you before or now Vozhde, although I implicitly ask when I do make the occasional jab at HB you don't take it personally in any way since you are a mod there now yourself. ;)