Selling Low Grade Fireworks to Junior High Kids?

The NegotiatorThe Negotiator Regular
edited January 2011 in Man Cave
After getting bored last night and deciding to tape 150 sparklers together and light it off on some guy's lawn, some scrawny little kid asked if I could make him one and he'd pay me $40. He's coming into my highschool next year, so I wonder how much potential selling this sort of thing has.

To put it in perspective:

150 sparklers = $10.15
30m Duct Tape = $4.85

Sell it for between $20 and $40 and you'd be making a reasonable profit.

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Yup, pretty much. Dealing fireworks to minors may be a little risky though, especially if they go and burn a house down or something. Make sure you don't use names, don't trade where you can be seen, etc. You never know what kids are going to, like that one who shot his mom in the eye with the air-rifle :facepalm:
  • The NegotiatorThe Negotiator Regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, some dumbass blew his hand off in Brisbane by trying to light a sparkler bomb without a fuse. Just put the lighter straight to the top of the exposed sparkler.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited January 2011
    You can sell all kinds of shit in school. When I was at school, people would sell fireworks, cigs and last months unsold magazines 'liberated' from the recycling depot. Much better form of recycling than using lots of energy to transport them and turn them into something else.

Home made fireworks is a bit risky - if they get caught with them or injure themselves, do not hold any hope of not being ratted out.
  • The NegotiatorThe Negotiator Regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, if I was to get ratted out, the penalties could be pretty reasonable, especially if some dumbass managed to blow part of himself up.
  • warbeastwarbeast Regular
    edited January 2011
    There's all kinds of easy fireworks you could make and sell. The bigger the variety, the more money you make. Just don't sell to anyone that knows who you are. Don't sell it near where you live.
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    ssounds like a good source of income to me. i used to sell 3 parts oregano to 1 part swag to midle schoolers :)
  • Z28Z28 Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    Back when I was in grade 8/9 I had my brother pull smokes/cigars/chew for me and I resold them to kids. It was a good little business on the side. Usually doubled the cost after I sold the stuff. A kid in grade 7 started selling them for cheaper cause he was a indian so he got discounts at his little indian reserve, about a month after he started selling he got caught and got a $3000 fine, so I quit, made about 600-700 profit.

Fireworks/tobacco are somewhat risky things to resell to minors. I would avoid selling fireworks as a lot could go wrong. It would be only a matter of time before some retard you sell to decides it's a good idea to light one off during recess, gets hurt or starts a fire. If they're caught and they rat you out you're liable as well.