Into The Tunnels: Exploring The Underside Of NYC

DfgDfg Admin
edited January 2011 in Life
Trailer

[VIMEO]5752275[/VIMEO]

Film

[VIMEO]18280328[/VIMEO]

This is a film I made after some adventures underground with Steve Duncan (undercity.org) last summer. We also have a teaser video which you can watch on my vimeo page (vimeo.com/​5752275).

For more information about the video and our other adventures please contact Andrew Wonder (Director/Cinematographer) at [email protected].

Steve and I just completed another underground expedition with Norwegian explorer Erling Kagge (en.wikipedia.org/​wiki/​Erling_Kagge). It was featured in a three page article on the front page of the NY Times metro section and was written by Alan Feuer (nytimes.com/​2011/​01/​02/​nyregion/​02underground.html). We were also covered by NPR's Jacki Lyden whose report will be aired on 1/2/11 and posted on NPR's site (npr.org/​2011/​01/​02/​132482428/​into-the-tunnels-exploring-the-underside-of-nyc).

Shot on a canon 5d mkii with canon 24 f/1.4 (version 1) with the zacuto rapid fire, Zoom H4N and a sennheiser g2 wireless lav. The zacuto was really great at being there when I needed it but also staying out of the way.

NPR

Comments

• edited January 2011
    This looks pretty awesome, I love exploration videos and tunnels kick ass! Might give this a watch before bed, thanks for posting dude.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited January 2011
    Winrar! :thumbsup:
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm going to watch this now, looks pretty interesting. Does anybody know the name of the song in the trailer though?
  • edited January 2011
    ILTST9 wrote: »
    I'm going to watch this now, looks pretty interesting. Does anybody know the name of the song in the trailer though?

Kings of Leon - Closer
    edited January 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Kings of Leon - Closer
    Thanks brah! ;)
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited January 2011
    To me urban exploration is awesome, so many interesting places to visit that are normally hidden from the public
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited January 2011
    I used to do it loads as a kid - post industrial landscape and whatnot - most of it knocked down and turned into houses for people that work in offices now.

I still have the odd trip out, will take some pix next time and make an urbex thread.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Reminds me of the urbex days. You never lose the bug.
  • edited January 2011
    I know someone who saw this.

If it's the same movie that he was telling me about, all of the tunnel-dwellers are insane. It seems okay until one of the guys down there starts talking about how "atonement" starts around May this year, and that we should all repent.
    edited January 2011
    I know someone who saw this.

If it's the same movie that he was telling me about, all of the tunnel-dwellers are insane. It seems okay until one of the guys down there starts talking about how "atonement" starts around May this year, and that we should all repent.
    Nope! Not the movie posted. I wonder if the one he watched, Is the one where they go down into the tunnels under vegas to meet the residents there. I saw some of it & it was pretty :cool: (if it's the same one)