Capitalism: Why it's the best

CapitalismCapitalism Semo-Regulars
edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Well, I could spend an hour, like certain people, writing a long explanation. But nah, capitalism is the best cause fucking retards like DirtySanchez and Negrophobe don't believe in it.

Both fucking retarded 12 year olds.

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited December 2010
    And you get paid minimum wage for that hour spent :o
  • edited December 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    And you get paid minimum wage for that hour spent :o

And shit that you make gets sold for more than it's worth, and you take a pay cut to for the sake of some unnecessary assholes salary.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited December 2010
    Capitalism wrote: »
    Well, I could spend an hour, like certain people, writing a long explanation. But nah, capitalism is the best cause fucking retards like DirtySanchez and Negrophobe don't believe in it.

Both fucking retarded 12 year olds.

You're a fail troll so I shouldn't even respond to this but fuck it I've been meaning to talk about Capitalism. First answer this. You know that a capitalist country doesn't exist right? Everything is at least a mixed market so is that what you support? Or do you support full Laissez Faire capitalism? Read Das Kapital one of these days it may help you see some of the flaws with capitalism. You can read it here

http://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1867-c1/

I'll assume you mean true capitalism. If thats the case then your'e retarded because that system would lead to a total collapse of the economy for a number of reasons. First human greed would cause company's to outsource all jobs to places like China or India so that they don't have to pay a minimum wage. Actually with true capitalism there would be no minimum wage. Capitalism at it's very base is driven by the exploitation of labor.

Think about it who makes the most money? The ceo's and owners. These people live off of the labor of others and that isn't right. In a capitalist society a persons worth is determined by how much money they have. It's what Marx referred to as commodity fetishism. Go ahead and try to run for office. It isn't possible unless you are wealthy therefore the wealthiest 2% of the country control the country. Because of this the government in a capitalist society will work to benefit the wealthy and not the workers.

You also have to realize that Capitalism itself is doomed to fail. The wealthy elite can only hold power for so long before the proletariat takes control. A system that only benefits the few cannot last forever. Just like Monarchy's collapse so will capitalism.

What I disagree with Marx on and agree with Lenin on though is that the proletariat itself will not rise up and control the government. What's needed is a vangaurd party of professional revolutionary's and intellectuals to take control and work in the interest of the people. Eventually the vangaurd can loosen it's grip and eventually most government should be abolished to be run mainly by the people.

True capitalism would also allow for monopoly's to take place. Do you see that as a good thing? With no government intervention a company could start charging ridiculous amounts for simple cheaply made commodities. Capitalism is destined to fail because company's will hire nobody from here due to greed and all the sudden the job market in the country will collapse.
  • NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
    edited December 2010
    Fuck your race-mixing apologetic bourgeois liberalist economics. Corporatism is what we need- fascist style. And yes I am 12, and smarter than you. That must be hard to swallow.
  • shockshockshockshockshockshock Semo-Regulars
    edited December 2010
    Your political opinions are heated.

Is it possible that capatalism would be of benefit to society if everyone lived by the maxim, 'do unto others as you would have them do to you'?

Are you a fan of collectivism with minimal government intervention?
    edited December 2010

Is it possible that capatalism would be of benefit to society if everyone lived by the maxim, 'do unto others as you would have them do to you'?

No because humans will never follow that. The only way to change it so they can is through an evolution of human nature until greed is gone and people work for the collective good rather than the individual.
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited December 2010
    No because humans will never follow that. The only way to change it so they can is through an evolution of human nature until greed is gone and people work for the collective good rather than the individual.

Who is the one to determine what the collective good is? asks Rolf.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited December 2010
    I'm glad you're back Rolf. I've missed your avatar and style.
    edited December 2010
    Rolf wrote: »
    Who is the one to determine what the collective good is? asks Rolf.

I answered this in the first post but a vangaurd party would be used to determine this.
  • shockshockshockshockshockshock Semo-Regulars
    edited December 2010
    The only way to change it so they can is through an evolution of human nature until greed is gone and people work for the collective good rather than the individual.

And then why is it that you abandoned your faith in Christianity?
    Why not present your case to Jesus and say you want to see people working for the collective good and get God to help you change the world for the better?
    edited December 2010
    And then why is it that you abandoned your faith in Christianity?
    Why not present your case to Jesus and say you want to see people working for the collective good and get God to help you change the world for the better?

Because I began to seriously look into the history of Christianity and how it came to be as well as realizing the way religion has been used to control people. The fact that multiple gods from earlier religions such as horus share almost the exact same story with Christ doesn't help either. God isnt whats needed to change the world for the better. Bloodshed and revolution is whats needed.
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited December 2010
    I answered this in the first post but a vangaurd party would be used to determine this.

Rolf was going to reply, but then thou stated...
    I began to seriously look into the history of Christianity and how it came to be as well as realizing the way religion has been used to control people. The fact that multiple gods from earlier religions such as horus share almost the exact same story with Christ doesn't help either.

Rolf asks thou that instead of allowing the majority to be ruled by a religious elite, thou would allow the majority to be ruled by an elite who have fooled the majority into believing that their leadership is for the collective good. Rolf chuckles, for all know that humans are corrupted beings and when a few are given unlimited power over many said corruption becomes ridiculously obvious, savvy?

Then Rolf had a chuckle, for Rolf, being the mighty troll-slaying vodka-chugging womaniser that Rolf is, is able to detect the scent of a troll from several continents away, even if said troll has said moderator title.
    I'm glad you're back Rolf. I've missed your avatar and style.

Rolf's avatar was a gift from the honourable Sir Katzenklavier, Rolf enjoys said avatar very erotically.

Rolf never left, however, Rolf sometimes has the time to post and sometimes not, due to the lifestyle of Rolf. As it is Yule-tide however, Rolf has time to drink, sing and totse.info.
    edited December 2010

Rolf asks thou that instead of allowing the majority to be ruled by a religious elite, thou would allow the majority to be ruled by an elite who have fooled the majority into believing that their leadership is for the collective good. Rolf chuckles, for all know that humans are corrupted beings and when a few are given unlimited power over many said corruption becomes ridiculously obvious, savvy?

Then Rolf had a chuckle, for Rolf, being the mighty troll-slaying vodka-chugging womaniser that Rolf is, is able to detect the scent of a troll from several continents away, even if said troll has said moderator title.

If I'm such a troll then fuck off and don't respond to my posts. See isn't that easy? I don't care that you think I'm a troll but it means I won't waste any more time replying to you. Now if anyone wants to have an intelligent conversation on this then reply.
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited December 2010
    Ok, states Rolf.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited December 2010

That maxim is the antithesis of capitalism :facepalm:

Capitalism is all about making money for the sake of making money, and exploiting people and in fact entire countries is part of that. It's called neocolonialism, and it's what all the big bad countries do and have been doing for a long time. Since the people in charge cannot directly enslave populations and use them to generate revenue (a la banana republics), they use corporations to do virtually the same thing.

Because of this we see outsourced labor, increased education costs, increased health care costs, and basically everything related to cost of living increasing in price because this benefits the big companies (because they're doing what capitalism entails). We're going to be faced with the collapse of the middle class in the US. It's already happening.

If you want "good jobs" you have to get an education. Education now means you have to put yourself into debt because it costs way, way more than it did even 10 or 20 years ago. Once you're done, you have to fight like fuck to get a decent job that'll pay a wage you can support a family on. Even good jobs like engineering ones have been outsourced. What's going to be left for the people in the US to do?
  • edited December 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Even good jobs like engineering ones have been outsourced. What's going to be left for the people in the US to do?

There won't be, but the stock market will be bangin'.
  • NightshadeNightshade Acolyte
    edited December 2010
    The following are my viewpoints of capitalism and why I think it's the best.

Capitalism in Regards to the Economy:

There is little consensus on the definition of capitalism in the economic aspect. But what most people agree on with capitalism is that it is private ownership of the means of production, creation of goods or services for profit in a market, and prices and wages are all elements of capitalism.

Capitalism is the most efficient means of providing the two basic tenants of an economy, supply and demand. This is because capitalism relies on the individuals who owns the means of production to make the decisions based on the demands of the economy. Thus the capitalist can react more quickly to the ever changing aspects of the individuals demanding the goods and services they desire. If they don't, they lose market share and profit to their competitors who made the decisions in response to the demand.

Capitalism in Regards to Individual Freedom:

Capitalism, more than any social-economic system, promotes the ideal of individual freedom. Of course this balances out with the overall demand of the customers. In a capitalistic society if I have the capital, I can setup a private enterprise to satisfy a demand customers have. As long as I am able to satisfy the demands of the customer (as well my revenues are greater than my expenses) I make profit and stay in business. If I don't, my business fails. However if my enterprise fails I have the freedom to start up another enterprise if I so desire, or I can go work for another enterprise. It is entirely my choice.

Most of the technological innovations we see today was the result of that freedom of individual creativity and private enterprise. While it is true they were self serving, ultimately they benefited society as a whole.

Capitalism does gives more importance to individual aspirations and appeals to our inherent selfish nature, which is a part of all human beings. This is something that we can never fully overcome because this inherent selfishness results from the instinct of self preservation. Basically selfishness is a survival tool for us. Without it we will perish as a species. The best we can do is control it and channel it. Capitalism provides this.

Capitalism in Regards to Society:

It is of course a given that capitalism promotes class distinction. But this works well with us because everyone is unique and talented in their own way. Also because of the promotion of class distinction there is an incentive for us to better ourselves either in our own class or move up to the next class level. Who says we have to keep up with the Jones's, we can move past them and leave them in the dust. Throughout the history of man there has always been a aspect of class distinction among us.

So those are my thoughts on why I think capitalism is the best. Feel free to comment on it or whatever and I'll get to it when I can.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2011

I'll assume you mean true capitalism. If thats the case then your'e retarded because that system would lead to a total collapse of the economy for a number of reasons. First human greed would cause company's to outsource all jobs to places like China or India so that they don't have to pay a minimum wage.

Not if you have an honest responsible government which set the proper excise and duties.
  • NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
    edited January 2011
  • EppillusEppillus Acolyte
    edited January 2011

Rolf's avatar was a gift from the honourable Sir Katzenklavier, Rolf enjoys said avatar very erotically.

Rolf never left, however, Rolf sometimes has the time to post and sometimes not, due to the lifestyle of Rolf. As it is Yule-tide however, Rolf has time to drink, sing and totse.info.

You know, the way you 'speak' is really fucking annoying. And 'thou' is only used for the subject of a sentence. If you tack 'Rolf asks' on the front then it becometh 'thee', savvy?
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited January 2011
    Eppillus wrote: »
    You know, the way you 'speak' is really fucking annoying. And 'thou' is only used for the subject of a sentence. If you tack 'Rolf asks' on the front then it becometh 'thee', savvy?

Off-topic. Start a new thread in B&M if you want to talk about this.