Tip for heist/theft ideas

warbeastwarbeast Regular
edited January 2011 in Man Cave
Or burglary, whatever the correct word is. If you can't think of places to break into to steal stuff, check your yellow pages. Any big city should have a very thick yellow pages phone book with a shitload of businesses in it. Many of these have very valuable merchandise. I'm not going to list anything specific, but there are tons of things. You may very well find that some of these places are not very secure at all or are in a location perfect for a clean easy getaway.

Criminals would be so much more successful if they'd take the time to open a book once in a while and read.

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Good tips dude. If you're looking to burgle a house then you could check in the newspaper or online for details of houses which are for sale. A lot of the time, they walk you through the building with pictures and allsorts. Once you find a good looking house then you can get on with scoping out the property, building some facts and information and then plan your strike.
  • warbeastwarbeast Regular
    edited January 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Good tips dude. If you're looking to burgle a house then you could check in the newspaper or online for details of houses which are for sale. A lot of the time, they walk you through the building with pictures and allsorts. Once you find a good looking house then you can get on with scoping out the property, building some facts and information and then plan your strike.

Ah yes, there is also the classified ads where people often are selling guns and other valuables. They'll give you a place to meet, sometimes even give you their address if they want a quick private sale of guns.
  • edited January 2011
    Everyone posting where they're at nowadays on Facebook and Twitter helps. :facepalm: Idiots.
    edited January 2011
    Everyone posting where they're at nowadays on Facebook and Twitter helps. :facepalm: Idiots.

Many times if all you've got is their phone number, you can do a reverse lookup on whitepages.com or some other site to get their address. If that doesn't work there are sites that charge money for it but can do a better job.

And knowing facebook users, they're pretty stupid. Not too worried about giving out their number usually.
    edited January 2011
    In Texas at least, flea markets have a lot of guns and other valuables and often very poor security. Not something people would probably pick out of a phone book though, as they're usually very large and open, so that would be more like shoplifting, unless the store is closed... But I'm not going to give anymore specific examples.
  • edited January 2011
    warbeast wrote: »
    Many times if all you've got is their phone number, you can do a reverse lookup on whitepages.com or some other site to get their address. If that doesn't work there are sites that charge money for it but can do a better job.

And knowing facebook users, they're pretty stupid. Not too worried about giving out their number usually.

I never understood that. I keep all my info on Facebook private. And I NEVER use that stupid places bullshit. HEY GUYS I'M NOT HOME!!! That's what that says to me.
  • fr0st_Bytefr0st_Byte Sumpin' c00L
    edited January 2011
    Or burglary, whatever the correct word is. If you can't think of places to break into to steal stuff, check your yellow pages. Any big city should have a very thick yellow pages phone book with a shitload of businesses in it. Many of these have very valuable merchandise. I'm not going to list anything specific, but there are tons of things. You may very well find that some of these places are not very secure at all or are in a location perfect for a clean easy getaway.

Criminals would be so much more successful if they'd take the time to open a book once in a while and read.

Dude that is the worst guide ever. I mean it's great you are trying to contribute, but damn, try and make it a little more detailed or something. All of those things are the first things even the most inexperienced B&E perpetrator is going to think of, without having to read a thread on totse.

Once again, not trying to flame, just trying to post some tips for your tips for a heist.
    edited January 2011
    fr0st_Byte wrote: »
    Dude that is the worst guide ever. I mean it's great you are trying to contribute, but damn, try and make it a little more detailed or something. All of those things are the first things even the most inexperienced B&E perpetrator is going to think of, without having to read a thread on totse.

Once again, not trying to flame, just trying to post some tips for your tips for a heist.
    It isn't a guide you inept moron. It's just a tip. And there is no way in hell you would know what the majority of inexperienced criminals would think of regarding this, or whether or not they'd think of using a phone book. In fact, it's pretty fucking obvious most don't think of using phone books, because if they did they'd be a lot more successful and people would know they use them. Now go back to licking rizzo's cock, you silly little faggot.

If you've got sand in your vagina over it, lock or delete the thread like they do on zoklet.
  • edited January 2011
    Pakistanis sniff cum
    edited January 2011
    It isn't a guide you inept moron. It's just a tip. And there is no way in hell you would know what the majority of inexperienced criminals would think of regarding this, or whether or not they'd think of using a phone book. In fact, it's pretty fucking obvious most don't think of using phone books, because if they did they'd be a lot more successful and people would know they use them. Now go back to licking rizzo's cock, you silly little faggot.

If you've got sand in your vagina over it, lock or delete the thread like they do on zoklet.

Damn you got some insecurity issues or something don't you? :rolleyes: Being subtle isn't your strong point is it? And wow you can insult someone behind a keyboard, you much some tough guy huh? I forgot your interwebZ is srs business. Where the fuck did rizzo even come into this? Is that all you could come up with? And why try and go off on me so hard? I told you a few times in my post that I wasn't trying to flame you.

And for the record, I never visited zoklet once, unlike you it sounds like. I don't need to lock or delete a thread to project what I mean.

For fuck's sake. Okay let me get it right. "Hey giaz, let's get the phonebook to find a place to break in a steal stuff!" Yeah that's putting some thought into it. Damnit, I forgot this is bad ideas. Your in the right section for this one buddy.

Don't expect another response either, I'm not getting into a flame war that really is pointless.
    You're really not one to be criticizing the content of others.
    Yeah I don't provide any content for this board. /sarcasm
    edited January 2011
    And wow you can insult someone behind a keyboard, you much some tough guy huh?
    Perhaps, but I won't have any problem insulting a frail junkie like you in real life. Even if you're not still weak and pathetic, I will gladly insult you in real life.
    And for the record, I never visited zoklet once
    You're missing out, they love queers like you over there. Rizzo is there waiting for you.

For fuck's sake. Okay let me get it right. "Hey giaz, let's get the phonebook to find a place to break in a steal stuff!" Yeah that's putting some thought into it. Damnit, I forgot this is bad ideas. Your in the right section for this one buddy.

Don't expect another response either, I'm not getting into a flame war that really is pointless.

That's not how it works. I want you to explain how exactly you determine that most inexperienced criminals or even experienced criminals would think of using a phone book. You just come across as a know-it-all, and I don't think anyone is going to agree with you that most criminals of any sort would think of using a phone book. Most are actually desperate and would rather rob a convenience store or break into an electronics or jewelry store while it's closed for the night. But there is a lot more options out there, and a phone book is one way to find some. Most criminals just don't think about that. Which is why I posted this.

You claim to have been to prison, which, if true just means you're a fuckup and doesn't give you any real credibility. So explain yourself.

Do you want me to point out for you some of the retarded meth and explosives "recipes" here on this site that are garbage and would just get you killed or injured if you tried them? You singled out my post, which is actually useful, as most people aren't creative when it comes to crime. But you ignore all the misinformation on this site. Very cute.
    edited January 2011
    Anyway, I don't want to turn this into a zoklet style crap fest, so I retract my insulting statements. It would be nice, however, if frost byte could share his wisdom on this particular subject in regards to my tips being common knowledge, or rather, not good tips?
    edited January 2011
    Anyway, I don't want to turn this into a zoklet style crap fest, so I retract my insulting statements. It would be nice, however, if frost byte could share his wisdom on this particular subject in regards to my tips being common knowledge, or rather, not good tips?

I don't have much wisdom on the subject, as I like to think my knowledge (or lack of :D) is more bltc related, but I'll give it a shot.

I wouldn't say they are not good tips. Looking something up in a phone book just seemed simple, but the simple things are the ones that will usually work. I guess I had just never thought of it.

I was thinking more of riding around to scope something out. But I guess I see what you are saying. Before you even ride around you can find your targets in the phonebook. Maybe to not completely pick a target, but at least with a book full of potential targets one could pick and choose which ones he wants to begin to research. I do see what you are saying.

But like I said in my first post too, thanks for contributing to the site.
  • edited January 2011
    Facebook and other social networking sites are great ways of stalking targets, finding out people's habits and checking when people are most likely to be at home/not at home. You can also find a lot out from pictures which they have posted, identifying valuable items and where abouts rooms are located in the house.

Another tool which you can use is Google Street View. Drag the yellow man onto the map and get an up close view of the street and surroundings without even being there. This is extremely useful when planning an entry and exit of not only the house, but the location around it.