Welcome to the heated world of political discussion.

Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
edited February 2011 in Spurious Generalities
As the new Demi Mod (soon to be Moderator hopefully) of this forum I thought I should say a little something about how I would like to see things go in this section.

I want to state up front that I have no intentions of being heavy handed or unfair to anyone. But I do ask that we keep it respectful even if you don't agree with what others say. After all politics is largely a matter of opinion and personal viewpoint.

Also I ask that the one or two word replies meant only to be cute or insult another be kept to a very minimal nature. I am not saying there can't be some lulz but let's try to keep it on the high brow side and save the shit slinging for B&M and the 4chanesque meme posting for HB and other ego forums.

I am asking for the communities help and input on how the members want to see things work in this section and will sticky this thread in hopes of getting intelligent and useful feedback to make this forum a success.

I know we have some members who simply are not interested in building anything. I also know we have some members who only get amusement from tearing things apart. I am particularity interested in two main types of input from all members who are interested in this area.

1. What types of posts you would like to see. Are you more interested in current event political discussion, political theory, political events and their ramifications in history, or something else not mentioned. That is not to say that any of these types of discussion are exclusionary to one another. I am only trying to judge what focus will interest the most users for now.
  2. How would you like to see truly disruptive behavior dealt with in terms of someone who exhibits a continued pattern of actions that are detrimental to interesting discussion. Keeping in mind the overall rules and restrictions on Moderating in general.
Please let me know what is on your minds and let's work together in making this section a success for the betterment of the community as a whole.

Thanks,

TheDarkRodent

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited February 2011
    Seriously? 24 views and not a single iota of input from anyone?
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited February 2011
    I agree that stupid one liners and things like that should be kept to a minimum. In politics thing do get heated but it would be good if people could provide something instead of just calling someone a dumbass imo. I think most of this should be ignored unless it gets truly out of control.

As for the types of posts I'm interested in current events as well as political theory in general from Libertarianism to Fascism. I also think threads on topics like Global warming which are science related but also heavily politicized are good.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited February 2011
    A kind of excellent dumb discourse.
    edited February 2011
    I appear to be missing a post.
    edited February 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    I appear to be missing a post.

Are you referring to the reply here dr docker?
    edited February 2011
    Are you referring to the reply here dr docker?

Yes, that would be it. It is a bit of Shakespeare that I considered both learned and apt to the situation. Are you culturally intimidated by it or did you just not know what it was?
    edited February 2011
    This issue was an image that went right over his head.
    It can be seen (or copied and reposted) at http://i.imgur.com/Uwbf8.jpg

No, I was referring to my issues. It should still be part of the original thread.

3char
    edited February 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    Yes, that would be it. It is a bit of Shakespeare that I considered both learned and apt to the situation. Are you culturally intimidated by it or did you just not know what it was?

No LOL you must have been replying to it when I moved Fatty's post. I saw the post in the trash can and just assumed you had made you reply there. We must have been taking our actions at the same time. You know I have always gotten on good with you dr, both here and on Zoklet. I assure you it was not moved there by me. If you want I can request that it be moved back here.

EDIT*

I have requested that your post be moved back dr. Also check your PMs.