Drupal 7

DfgDfg Admin
edited March 2011 in Help and Suggestions
Holy Fuck, Drupal 7 is finally here and boy it's a bitch to crack.
http://drupal.org/documentation/upgrade/6/7

We're using Drupal 6.20 and so far it's doing great but now Drupal 7 is out and it's more powerful and filled with good stuff. However, it's more complex and since we're doing an upgrade it's quite bitchy as well.

I am working on VB4 as well.

Anyway, hopefully once I finish the checklist and backup everything, I will try to upgrade to Drupal 7. I will warn in advance and take down the CMS when the time comes.

So, expect good things in few days NOT hours :). Sorry, but it's late and I need to rest.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Sweet, sounds good to me. I love upgrades, as long as they don't break things. Looking forward to these new features :D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited February 2011
    Oh btw, I fixed the sitemap issue as well. Got three sitemaps on totse.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited February 2011
  • WhiteMagicManWhiteMagicMan New Arrival
    edited February 2011
    Why not move over to VB4 and it's CMS/publishing suite? Beats having a VB-Drupal bridge, and much better integration.
  • edited February 2011
    Why not move over to VB4 and it's CMS/publishing suite? Beats having a VB-Drupal bridge, and much better integration.

We'll probably try both alongside each other and see which one works best. I really like Drupal at the moment, but I'm not sure what Dfg is up to.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited February 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    We'll probably try both alongside each other and see which one works best. I really like Drupal at the moment, but I'm not sure what Dfg is up to.

Vbulletin CMS costs us extra plus it lacks funtionality compared to Drupal. You could actually compete with major publishing websites using drupal.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    Hmm, it seems we're missing few extensions. I notified Vineman about it. It's just the new http://drupal.org/requirements/pdo <-- PEDO requirement.
  • edited March 2011
    Is this the only thing stopping us from updating to 7 then? Should be good to be up to date when it's finally in place :D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Is this the only thing stopping us from updating to 7 then? Should be good to be up to date when it's finally in place :D

Well, it's a start. I need to work on tons of things to make it work :).
  • edited March 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    Hmm, it seems we're missing few extensions. I notified Vineman about it. It's just the new http://drupal.org/requirements/pdo <-- PEDO requirement.

Issue will be resolved shortly.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    Installed D7 on another host and it's pretty neat. I have to rework the layout and css for it be successful. Currently trying to learn it.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited March 2011
    Are we sure upgrading to 7.0 is worth the investment? I am one of those people that waits years before upgrading my shit, especially with Operating Systems. My philosophy has been, if it ain't broke don't fix it.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2011
    Hmm, it's not like I am going to upgrade in few days. But it's better to improve things here and there.