Well, that was fun.

edited March 2011 in Man Cave
A week or so ago I went out on a tear to celebrate my birthday. I had a wad of cash and bad intentions, as usual. I clubbed a bit downtown and did many shooters at the bar and a gram of dubious coke in the bathrooms of many of Vancouvers finer drinking eastablishments, and generally had a fucking great time. A couple of chicks at a lovely place called "El furniture warehouse" got sweet with me, mostly because I was spending money like a drunk bastard with a flap of blow in his pocket. They invited me to a boozecan in a suburb near where I live, and I figured that would be just fine to put a cap on the evening.

The boozecan was pretty cool, the dude had soundproofed his basement and turned it into a mini club, drinks were steep, but I was already hammered and proceeded to tear up the dance floor in the way only a severely coked up and drunk guy can. 5 am rolled around and they were shooing people out when a dude comes up to me and asks me if I needed anything. I said a 26 and some more coke would be nice, and he said he would see what he could do, and asked if I wanted some E if he couldn't hook up the blow, hell yeah, I replied, because I'm fucking stupid as fuck.

We went out to his car and after giving me a healthy bump of meth to sober me up a bit, he said he could call a friend for some blow, but he had really good caps of pure MDMA for $5 each. I took 4 caps, then called a bootlegger and we divided a 26 in half. With a Pepsi bottle half full of vodka and 4 caps of E, I wandered off with the meth singing sweet songs in my addled brain.

I got a cab, but going home seemed like a bad idea, so I had the driver take me to a little park down by the river, to pop the caps and drink to the coming dawn. I snorted one first, and the effects were noticeable but hardly cut through the coke/meth/booze. So I popped the other 3 and fired up a joint.

Then I promptly passed out, 'shut down' would almost be more appropriate. First dizzyness, then numb fingers, then tunnel vision.

I woke up cold as fuck, and high as a fucking kite. The sound of the river was like I had my head in a washing machine, and the barking dogs in the distance seemed like they were getting closer. I tried to stand but was utterly fucked up. I decided a part of my problem was a ripping hangover and put back some vodka to get my legs back. The world was bright, covered in colorful patterns, and mobile. My vision wouldn't focus easily, and when it did, whatever I was looking at seemed to move towards me. I had a good time for an hour or two, drinking vodka, smoking, and watching the world do it's thing. When the train bridge swung sideways to let a barge through, it was epic, guess you had to be there.

I am pretty experienced with drugs, and have always been able to get my shit together enough to do something important no matter how fucked up I was. I activated the override button, and punched "get home" into the command line. Soon my fingers were doing the appropriate thing with my phone, my mouth was saying the right words as I looked at the street signs, and I stood patient and shivering for the cab. I almost lost it in the cab, I started shaking a lot and the cabbie said I looked really sick, just get me home.

I lost my guts on the way to the door and retched yellow on the lawn, but got it together enough to get inside and make sure the door was locked. The heat hit me like a ton of bricks and I passed out on the couch, shoes, leather, and all.

My roomate came home around 5pm, and woke me up. He said I looked like shit and made me a coffee, into which I dumped the last of my vodka. We chatted for a while and I went to bed.

This is when things get messy. I remember a few bits like the smell of an outhouse, and hands on my arms. A few slaps on the face, and a lot of "are you okay?" and "lets get him to the hospital" then down again.

I woke up in a hospital bed with an IV in my arm and the most profound nausea I have ever experienced. My cousin was there talking to the nurse, and took notice when I tried to turn on my side.

Sorry, I am losing it a bit again, I have about %20 liver function right now and as such sleep a fuck of a lot. I will check on OI later, and maybe do a bit about what the doc's told me, and what my friends told me about what I don't remember.

C/O
"dumb"

Comments

• BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited March 2011
    You my friend are fucking the best

ever! :thumbsup:

+1 Good post
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited March 2011
    I've experienced something similar to your post shut-down state. It scared the shit out of me and was like a psychedelic hangover from hell.
    Glad you survived. Glad you enjoyed it before all that. Now learn, improve and better it next year ;):thumbsup:
  • ImmaChrgnMaLAZRImmaChrgnMaLAZR Regular
    edited March 2011
    When I grow up, I wanna be just like you :D
  • PsychoDelicPsychoDelic Regular
    edited March 2011
    Shit's gonna be hard to out party :)

But I'm sure you'll manage.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited March 2011
    I have about %20 liver function right now

Holy shit man, you're going to recover from that..... right?
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited March 2011
    When I grow up, I wanna be just like you :D

This. +1 to C/O. Hope your liver doesn't keel over man.
  • drewfleadrewflea Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    great story man!
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited March 2011
    You get 1 trillion internets.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited March 2011
    you are a god among men. what a binge
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited March 2011
    nice bro. now i want to party with you! :hai:
  • edited March 2011
    I had a consultation with a hepatologist yesterday, a dour little Afghani(big flag in office) man who just barely kept the accusatory tone out of his voice as he gave me the goods.

"Toxic insult to the liver resulting in a prolonged hepatic state", basically, if I were to give blood today, it would do the recipient much more harm than good. My liver is severely distressed, you can actually notice it if I suck in my gut a bit. The amount of crap circulating in my bloodstream as a result of this is scary, I should have a poison control label on my neck to warn vampires.

Think of the feeling you get after waking up with a moderate hangover, sleepy, a little nauseous, and generally out of it when it comes to higher functions. This is me now, all the time. I have a very strict diet to adhere to(cauliflower is apparently rather toxic, as well as about 100000 other things), and god forbid I should drink or drug for the foreseeable future.

My roomate found me in bed a full 20 hours after I passed out, shit, piss, and vomit all over the place. He called my cousin and they drove me to the hospital. Apparently I was combative and incoherent, more than usual.
    I spent 4 days in the hospital, of which I remember very little.

I am now so fucking popcorn fart "dry" I might actually pass a urine test in a few weeks. I hate it, but one toke off a good joint yesterday sent me to the john for an hour or so, and made me so paranoid I almost went to the hospital again. When your liver does not metabolize drugs properly, they have horrible effects.

Moral of the story?, fuck that shit. Do what you do, drink, drug, fuck and fight. Just remember, there is a line drawn not by society or morality, but by the limits of your body's ability to cope with the abuse you heap on it. I crossed mine, and kept on running, and now I pay.

C/O
    "Hello Death, lets do this some other time"
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited March 2011
    damn dude that fuckin sucks.