So today, I went so fast on a bike...

That the car behind me actually FAILED to overtake me in time :D I was biking back to my house with a friend and we came up to a huge downhill section, so I threw the bike into the highest gear, put my head down and pedaled as fast as possible. At the bottom of the hill is a corner, and would I have been biking at a normal speed, the car behind would have EASILY been able to overtake me. The speed limit is only 30mph, and you'd be silly to break it in a car due to the fact that horses and shit are always walking around.

About halfway down the hill, I noticed that the car behind me was accelerating and I could hear the engine revving higher as he was attempting to pass. Usually I'd let a car pass, but I decided that as I was going so fast that I wouldn't ruin my new speed record :D The car pulled alongside me, but he'd run out of road and had to tuck back in behind me before we rounded the corner. We then rounded the corner, and he dusted me as I struggled up the steep hill on the other side.

I've never been so fast on a bike in my life.

Comments

• edited May 2011
    To be honest, I'm actually genuinely worried for my rear wheel. It seems like the bearing is loose or something, and the whole wheel is literally wobbling around, loose. I have a feeling that it's going to fall off one day when I'm doing something like this and I'll absolutely fucking die. I seriously hope someone films it when this happens.
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited May 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    To be honest, I'm actually genuinely worried for my rear wheel. It seems like the bearing is loose or something, and the whole wheel is literally wobbling around, loose.

Sounds like a broken axle to me. Not too difficult to replace yourself.
  • The NegotiatorThe Negotiator Regular
    edited May 2011
    I got up to about 40km/h on a bmx once. My mate was in a car driving next to me to try and clock the speed. He starting to steadily overtake me once he reached about 50km/h. Scary shit.
  • edited May 2011
    I got up to about 40km/h on a bmx once. My mate was in a car driving next to me to try and clock the speed. He starting to steadily overtake me once he reached about 50km/h. Scary shit.

It gets pretty scary going faster and faster, I'll admit. However, the faster you go, the less likely you are to wobble and fall off. Gravity and forces FTW.