Hallucinating

HOLLISTER GUYHOLLISTER GUY Regular
edited May 2011 in Life
Is it normal to hallucinate. I hallucinate every single night usually beginning around 11pm and getting progressively more intense until I fall asleep usually 2-3am. It's usually just tracers and things of that nature. I may see something and within the same second it disappears and I don't know what I thought it was. Mostly just visual anomalies and no audible type things.

It's sort of annoying. This should be in the health forum not headshrinkers I think, but where has it gone?

Comments

• JesusJesus Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    Thought to contribute here as well with my infinite wisdom as Jesus:D

Here are my thoughts:

:eek:
  • HOLLISTER GUYHOLLISTER GUY Regular
    edited May 2011
    I know it's sort of considered taboo and crazy to talk about, but I feel like it can't be that uncommon. It's really affecting me negatively. I can't comfortably walk outside at night because I'm always freaked out seeing shit that's not there.
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited May 2011
    Yes this is usually normal. Happens to me all the time...at least I think it is normal. you liek hallucinogens boi?
    edited May 2011
    mashlehash wrote: »
    Yes this is usually normal. Happens to me all the time...at least I think it is normal. you liek hallucinogens boi?

I'd like to take some hallucinogens but I haven't the modivation to get any. Haven't done any drugz since 4-20 and that was just the weed. I look at the sun so that could be a reason possibly.
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited May 2011
    Eeeh no probably not looking at the sun. I think it's normal.
    edited May 2011
    It's really only been the last year of my life that this has been going on. I only started looking at the sun a couple months ago so you're right that's probably not the reason. But for most of my life since after I turned 8 I haven't had (m)any waking hallucination.
  • edited May 2011
    Wow, that's interesting. Tell us more about your physical state, your diet and what you get up to around the time which your hallucinations start. Also, are you on any medication at all?
  • edited May 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Wow, that's interesting. Tell us more about your physical state, your diet and what you get up to around the time which your hallucinations start. Also, are you on any medication at all?

This doesn't happen to you? Just relax your grip on what you think is visually real and as your mind moves nearer to sleep you'll probably start 'hallucinating'. You may even be able to instigate it by allowing yourself to think a shadow (in a darkened room) is moving, once you cross that threshold everything can start wriggling around.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited May 2011
    Happens when you're tired. Some people are more prone to it than others. How often do you look at the sun? Damaging your eyes isn't good and is a very good reason for why you're more prone to it.
    edited May 2011
    It seemed to all start around the time i started meditation. It's not something I do daily or anything, but it first happened around the time i meditated
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited May 2011
    When did you start meditating?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    A) Avoid raping your eyes with direct sunlight. I used to do that when I was little and it felt like being a superman. You watch it for a while and then close your eyes to see weird shapes. It does damage your eyes.
    B) You're tense and jumpy. I have the same problem. I can't sleep in some rooms because at night I will just feel tense and see shapes or fell scared but I am sure in your case it's just some shapes that we generally see from time to time but your mind focuses on them more and hence you feel you're seeing something that isn't there.

I can say it's all in your mind but spirits do exist in some cases so we can give that OMG ghosts, Jin angle a shot. IMO you need to drink water and get your eyes checked for damage.

Avoid weed and do some workout.
  • LordbucketLordbucket Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    Personally, I think hallucinating is a Bs term, but it sounds like a looking into a lightbulb type of thing. lol, dont look into the sun.
    Maybe you are a natural Lucid Dreamer, Check out what Lucid Dreaming is if you get a chance.
    edited May 2011
    Lordbucket wrote: »
    Personally, I think hallucinating is a Bs term, but it sounds like a looking into a lightbulb type of thing. lol, dont look into the sun.
    Maybe you are a natural Lucid Dreamer, Check out what Lucid Dreaming is if you get a chance.

I don't have to check out what lucid dreaming is. I am an active conscious dreamer, I don't really like the term lucid. I'm also not a natural. My current project is time dilation and I essentially spend around a week of perceived time in dream land compared to each night of sleep (of course not all my dreams are "lucid", but they are all very long and detailed [relative to dreams I've had in the past]). Working up to spending a month a night in dreamworld and from there who knows. Maybe I'll just become a crazy person once reality becomes so foreign.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    When I was younger, I used to hallucinate which made me see spiders on the wall. This used to happen especially when I had a high temperature. Pretty scary stuff lol :P
  • PsychoDelicPsychoDelic Regular
    edited May 2011
    I get this alot, during day as well.
  • LordbucketLordbucket Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    I don't have to check out what lucid dreaming is. I am an active conscious dreamer, I don't really like the term lucid. I'm also not a natural. My current project is time dilation and I essentially spend around a week of perceived time in dream land compared to each night of sleep (of course not all my dreams are "lucid", but they are all very long and detailed [relative to dreams I've had in the past]). Working up to spending a month a night in dreamworld and from there who knows. Maybe I'll just become a crazy person once reality becomes so foreign.

Touché

What about higher or lower then average serotonin levels. or even, dare I say... DMT

Pulled randomly from the interwebs
    In a localized area of the prefrontal cortex, where thought and action are orchestrated, the number and ratio of serotonin receptors were found to be directly correlated to the activity of another part of the brain called the amygdala, critical for producing emotional states such as fear. According to Ahmad Hariri, Ph.D., who led the research, these findings bring focus to what could be a fundamental factor contributing to the development of risk for psychiatric disorders and a key molecular mechanism to target as new therapies are developed.