httpS, where ? — Totseans

httpS, where ?

edited July 2010 in Help and Suggestions
the title says it. get it working.

NOW, GOTT DAMNMITTT,

NOW !!!!!!

Comments

  • JackJack Regular
    edited July 2010
    Yes please. A self-signed cert will do, we're not paranoid idiots, we'll approve it.
  • v0xv0x Regular
    edited July 2010
    Yea! We don't need to pay those thieving commies over at Thawte/GoDaddy/VeriSign.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    Yep, a self cert will be fine.
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited July 2010
    Any progress on this?
  • HellishHellish Regular
    edited July 2010
    Cant use a part of cpanel needed
  • edited July 2010
    Hellish wrote: »
    Cant use a part of cpanel needed

    That sucks, will it be accessible at a later date?
  • edited July 2010
    I'D LIKE TO KNOW :

    WHAT'S THE PROBLEM HERE ? HOW HARD IS TO IMPLEMENT HTTPS ? HOW HARD CAN IT BE TO GET A CERT ?

    If you cant get a free https cert, cant we just use the old &T cert, or we can just pirate &Z's https cert. Fuck &Z. Anyway i'm sure there's plenty of free, cc https certs out there on the internet, just waiting to be picked.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    I'D LIKE TO KNOW :

    WHAT'S THE PROBLEM HERE ? HOW HARD IS TO IMPLEMENT HTTPS ? HOW HARD CAN IT BE TO GET A CERT ?

    If you cant get a free https cert, cant we just use the old &T cert, or we can just pirate &Z's https cert. Fuck &Z. Anyway i'm sure there's plenty of free, cc https certs out there on the internet, just waiting to be picked.



    Who really gives a fuck about HTTPS anyways? Most people don't use it and even most of those that do probably don't know what it even does. They just hear encryption and thing "Oh we are untouchable".
  • edited July 2010
    LSA King wrote: »
    Who really gives a fuck about HTTPS anyways?

    ALL secure sites such as internet banking sites, google & yahoo mail logins ..... ebays, etc ets where SECURITY is paramount ....
    Most people don't use it and even most of those that do probably don't know what it even does. They just hear encryption and thing "Oh we are untouchable".

    Because MOST people DIDNT HAVE TO ! Like how people didn't really have to understand FDA regulations and codes ..... but because something is FDA approved, we know it's SAFE !
  • AzureAzure Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Who gives a fuck?
  • rejectreject Regular
    edited July 2010
    Azure wrote: »
    Who gives a fuck?

    This.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    ALL secure sites such as internet banking sites, google & yahoo mail logins ..... ebays, etc ets where SECURITY is paramount ....



    Because MOST people DIDNT HAVE TO ! Like how people didn't really have to understand FDA regulations and codes ..... but because something is FDA approved, we know it's SAFE !



    Yeah, but this isn't a site where security is paramount to begin with. Either way it takes one snitch to report any sort of illegal activity that is against your web hosts TOS and you're done. There is a reason online banking, e-commerce, and even email hosts (some not all) offer SSL. The only reason email providers are starting to do it is because email is the defecto standard in every day life. However that doesn't even make you safe using SSL for emails, you need PGP or RSA encryption if you want true security.

    SSL is also prone to man in the middle attacks, and if someone has the knowledge to be able to hack your account and data they are probably smart enough to do a man in the middle attack.
  • edited July 2010
    Azure wrote: »
    Who gives a fuck?

    ALL the intelligent paranoids, non-assholes, and JEFF.
    LSA King wrote: »
    Yeah, but this isn't a site where security is paramount to begin with. Either way it takes one snitch to report any sort of illegal activity that is against your web hosts TOS and you're done. There is a reason online banking, e-commerce, and even email hosts (some not all) offer SSL. The only reason email providers are starting to do it is because email is the defecto standard in every day life. However that doesn't even make you safe using SSL for emails, you need PGP or RSA encryption if you want true security.

    SSL is also prone to man in the middle attacks, and if someone has the knowledge to be able to hack your account and data they are probably smart enough to do a man in the middle attack.

    Its not so much about fear of attacks but I'm just being plain paranoid.

    I live in a country where people can be persecuted, and then prosecuted, and then persecuted further more for what they;d said on the internet ....

    therefore I need some sort of encryption cos I suspect "they" might be using some sort of keyword filtering or something like that. I just don't want to raise any red flags ......

    that's all.
  • AzureAzure Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    ALL the intelligent paranoids, non-assholes, and JEFF.

    So roughly 7 or 8 people?

    Jeez, I bet you guys have a committee and everything:rolleyes:
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    Its not so much about fear of attacks but I'm just being plain paranoid.

    I live in a country where people can be persecuted, and then prosecuted, and then persecuted further more for what they;d said on the internet ....

    therefore I need some sort of encryption cos I suspect "they" might be using some sort of keyword filtering or something like that. I just don't want to raise any red flags ......

    that's all.



    I'm sure Hellish will get around to it once he gets the CMS in place so he can actually work with a functional site. It's impossible as the site currently is to implement. In the meantime I'd use a CGI proxy which are hardly noticeable in website load speeds compared to your normal use. I've tested it on a half dozen websites that test your connection t their servers and they've always showed up as Anonymous and not Transparent.

    Even files you upload via them (the ones that allow) are anonymized. I have used CGI Proxy on &Z for over a year now and it only got old for me because I went to that place like a solid 8 hours a day (log in time). For the regular user I recommend SSL or not you use a CGI proxy bare minimum if you want better protection.
  • rejectreject Regular
    edited July 2010
    ALL the intelligent paranoids, non-assholes, and JEFF.



    Its not so much about fear of attacks but I'm just being plain paranoid.

    I live in a country where people can be persecuted, and then prosecuted, and then persecuted further more for what they;d said on the internet ....

    therefore I need some sort of encryption cos I suspect "they" might be using some sort of keyword filtering or something like that. I just don't want to raise any red flags ......

    that's all.

    How about not posting stuff which could get you prosecuted..?
  • edited July 2010
    reject wrote: »
    How about not posting stuff which could get you prosecuted..?

    wouldnt that defeat the whole purpose of expressing myself on the internet ?

    thats just like saying 'use your freespeech and speak freely but just don say anything that can get u persecuted ....'

    srsly, if your serious about your remark .... then maybe you'd just die or at least castrate your self so that you cant reproduce, and cut down global co2 emission or something like that.

    fucktards.
  • AzureAzure Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    wouldnt that defeat the whole purpose of expressing myself on the internet ?

    thats just like saying 'use your freespeech and speak freely but just don say anything that can get u persecuted ....'

    srsly, if your serious about your remark .... then maybe you'd just die or at least castrate your self so that you cant reproduce, and cut down global co2 emission or something like that.

    fucktards.

    You can exercise your right to free speech in an interrogation room too, doesn't mean its the wisest decision.
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited July 2010
    Jack wrote: »
    Yes please. A self-signed cert will do, we're not paranoid idiots, we'll approve it.

    This.
  • edited July 2010
    Azure wrote: »
    You can exercise your right to free speech in an interrogation room too, doesn't mean its the wisest decision.

    Hmmmmmmm ..... this must mean exercising your fifth amd and then having your finger nails and teeth pulled out, foreign objects shoved up your ass, genitalia brutalized = WISE.

    PLEASE ... PM Reject and try organize some sort of suicide pact or something, synchronized wrist razor blading, ... w/e. You both should die.
  • rejectreject Regular
    edited July 2010
    wouldnt that defeat the whole purpose of expressing myself on the internet ?.

    You can either express yourself and run the risk of prosecution or you could simply comply with the law.

    You have it one of 2 ways, I don't see what's so difficult.
  • AzureAzure Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Hmmmmmmm ..... this must mean exercising your fifth amd and then having your finger nails and teeth pulled out, foreign objects shoved up your ass, genitalia brutalized = WISE.

    PLEASE ... PM Reject and try organize some sort of suicide pact or something, synchronized wrist razor blading, ... w/e. You both should die.

    :facepalm: Whatever you say bra.
  • edited July 2010
    reject wrote: »
    You can either express yourself and run the risk of prosecution or you could simply comply with the law.

    Then I must regretfully tell you that YOU SHOULD LEAVE &T. This is because you clearly do not, have not and perhaps will never .... fully embrace the ideology, and philosophy of &T.

    We all know that subjects like hacking and bomb making are taboo subjects back in the 80s and 90s. But did Jeff just bend over and just comply with the retarded laws and norms of those days ?

    NO, HE DID NOT. Instead he embarked on a journey of resistance and deviantcee .... posting some verie dangerous informations. Informations which .... in those days can get him persecuted, then prosecuted, and even penetrated .... just like kevin minick. Yes, he did get penetrated in the prison, it was in his unedited version of The Art of deception.

    Now we must continue this tradition of deviantcee.
  • AzureAzure Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    lol, penetrated
Sign In or Register to comment.