Open fire arm carry in the united states.

juggjugg Regular
edited October 2011 in Man Cave
I researched this quite a bit and i was really surprised. You can open carry fire arms in more states in the U.S. than you cannot.

opencarrymap.png
OpenCarry.org

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2011
    Gold = Generally preempted open carry permitted on foot and in vehicles without a license; localities generally preempted.

Orange = Open carry permitted by state law without license, but either lacks preemption or does not allow unlicensed open carry inside a vehicle

Green = Generally preempted open carry permitted on foot and in vehicles with a license; localities generally preempted.

Red = Open carry highly restricted or banned

Grey = Open Carry Generally Allowed in Non-Incorporated Areas
  • savages_vipersavages_viper Acolyte
    edited October 2011
    i dont know why ma is green on there technecly you can open carry with an ltc but its going to get your license taken and you will probably be arrested for creating some kind of ''public disturbance''
  • juggjugg Regular
    edited October 2011
    i dont know why ma is green on there technecly you can open carry with an ltc but its going to get your license taken and you will probably be arrested for creating some kind of ''public disturbance''

Wow you hit that right on the head :thumbsup:
    Massachusetts

Summary
    Massachusetts is not a traditional open carry state, but it is not a crime for Class A License holders to open carry. However, it is reported that some jurisdictions will use this as an excuse to revoke permits.

SOURCE