Hosting links to copyright material

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
edited March 2012 in Spurious Generalities
Lets say for example. I create a website that post links to music, movies, or even software downloads. The big fat suits in the money chair start yanking at their nipples screaming "BREACH,BREACH" of which the US government get all upset because the big fat suits won't come in their mouth. Eventually, I'm the one that gets fucked in the ass...Right?

My question is? Why is it search engines like google, yahoo eccetablah can link my links and everyone elses without even a slap on the wrist. Would this not make them the "MEGA CONNECTION" to pirated material.

Perhaps us and every other board out there should lay an official complaint about it to the US government. Then we'd find out the legalities that makes them bullet proof from prosecution and then I could implement it into my website.

Things that make you go hmmmm.....chimp-thinking.jpg

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2012
    Well, actually they have tons of disclaimers and since they're only indexing and not hosting content they can't get in trouble, plus they do take down the links if you have an official request. It's something that Google can't really control, the process of indexing is automated.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited March 2012
    Search Hacker use to be a search engine that tracked down torrents, p2p, pdf etc. Yet they were forced to change due to legalities. No hosting, no linking unless you searched for it. Similar to google.
    A guess what they were missing was an unreadable amount of disclaimers and a small country full of lawyers searching for loop holes.
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited March 2012
    So if we copied google's disclaimers and put them on a page here, were covered right?
    Or are they copyrighted LOL.
    edited March 2012
    chippy wrote: »
    So if we copied google's disclaimers and put them on a page here, were covered right?Or are they copyrighted LOL.
    LoL! Google has a copyright on them.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2012
    They may have a copyright on the exact wording but with a little editing we could keep the concepts. ;)
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited March 2012
    Just because Google is automated doesn't mean they are void of responsibility. I'm sure they can get fucked for recklessness, unless they filter their results.
    edited March 2012
    They may have a copyright on the exact wording but with a little editing we could keep the concepts. ;)
    There's a 15% percent modification requirement to images. I wonder what the percentage is for documents? I wouldn't really wanna modify all of googles disclaimer....Its huge. :(
  • edited March 2012
    They've been involved with all kinds of shit previously, with businesses getting annoyed that Google ranks torrents of music higher than the website of the official band, for example. I think Google have recently removed a lot of stuff from their searches, making it "harder" for people to find illegal content using the search engine. But I don't think it's working very well.
    edited March 2012
    trx100 wrote: »
    making it "harder" for people to find illegal content using the search engine. But I don't think it's working very well.
    And to think, google hax is still accessible. Google will never terminate their backdoor access. Where would google staff members get their illegal downloads from?

Heya trx! long time no hear dude...:)