What's new

edited March 2012 in Help and Suggestions
I don't suppose we could get the What's New page changed to show new threads that you've posted in? It's annoying having to trawl through the boards just to find a thread that's been hidden after you've posted in it :mad:

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2012
    Hmm, let me check if I can find a solution to this damned problem.

It generally shows you what is new since the last time you were on the site - that could be 24 hours, or could be just a couple of hours.
  • edited March 2012
    Yeah, but lets say there's a new post on the page which I want to reply to. I open up the thread, write my reply and then suddenly think "ah, I want to view that thread again". On most forums you can go back to the "new posts" page and the thread will still be there, listing you as the last person to post in it. However, the thread just disappears off the list until someone else posts in it.

Comprendé?
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited March 2012
    ^^ You need the link to posts updated in the last 24 hours. Your post would be the top one if you just posted in a thread. It's in the drop down menu for quick links and it's called today's posts.
  • edited March 2012
    chippy wrote: »
    ^^ You need the link to posts updated in the last 24 hours. Your post would be the top one if you just posted in a thread. It's in the drop down menu for quick links and it's called today's posts.

Yeah, that works. But it's a long way around don't you think? We used to be able to just hit the new posts button and everything would be there, regardless of whether or not you just posted in it.

Oh, also, what's this which has just started appearing? :confused:

x3BOp.png
    edited March 2012
    it's one more click. People were complaining that threads didn't disappear after they were viewed using new posts. It took DFG ages to make it work lol.

As for the new search message, my guess is DFG broke it.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2012
    it's one more click. People were complaining that threads didn't disappear after they were viewed using new posts. It took DFG ages to make it work lol.

As for the new search message, my guess is DFG broke it.

I added it, just to see what happens. Also, we're using Database based tracking which means you get accurate updates.
    edited March 2012
    I tole you he broke it.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2012
    I tole you he broke it.

Fixed it.