Electric Fly Swatter

Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
edited June 2012 in Spurious Generalities
So yesterday I was in a Harbor Freight store and I saw one of these, Electric Fly Swatter and had to buy it for $3.99. And you know what? The damn thing really works! It requires two D cell batteries and creates a 1500 volt DC charge on the grid when you push the button on the handle. I popped a house fly with it today which made a loud pop and left the fly as crunchy as a two day old piece of burnt popcorn. With the cost of a $1.99 for the two D cell batteries for $5.98 + tax it is good fun on a buggy Florida night.

flyswat.jpg

Comments

• edited June 2012
    I've got one of these which has multiple layers of metal on it so when you hit an insect, there's a good chance it'll get stuck in between the layers. Hold the button down for long enough and even the biggest flies and wasps start smoking... It's gruesome, but awesome and a very good purchase :D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    Saw one two days ago. I joked about it but now I think I should buy one.
  • edited June 2012
    Dfg wrote: »
    Saw one two days ago. I joked about it but now I think I should buy one.

You really won't be disappointed bro, they can be seriously fun :D How cool would it be to hook a car battery up to one and supercharge it...
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited June 2012
    My German Shepard does not like the high pitched whine it makes when you charge the grid. He keeps trying to bite the damned thing. He will only do that once I bet.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited June 2012
    I've got one of these lying around somewhere. Lack of bugs means I can't have a lot of fun, but I might just start frying some random shit on it.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited June 2012
    I've got one of these lying around somewhere. Lack of bugs means I can't have a lot of fun, but I might just start frying some random shit on it.

We had that problem last night so we set an LED flashlight pointing straight up in the middle of the table outside and found lots of bugs.
  • edited June 2012
    Wow, great idea. I imagine that setting a flashlight up allows you to collect a good number of bugs in a single place and you're able to take them out with one effective swipe of the swatter? *ZAP ZAP ZAP ZAP ZAP*
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2012
    I fucking love these swatters! Except for when I get whacked with them at a mates' place. Very effective item.