I'm not to be trusted because I don't have a failbook account.

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
edited August 2012 in Spurious Generalities
I would rather ring the pigs and give them my schedule for the day than join failbook. :rolleyes:

[h=1]Facebook Abstainers could be labeled Suspicious[/h]
According to this article printed in tagesspiegel.de, not having a facebook account should be the first sign that you are a mass murderer.
[h=3]No facebook, no job offer.[/h]
The article mentions the fact that in the US, people were subject to handing their passwords over to potential employers, which privacy advocates, facebook, and the US government disagree with. But the article takes it one step further in claiming that not only did US employers have a legitimate point, but also suggesting that those who abstain from facebook could be mass murderers.

As examples they use Norwegian shooter Anders Breivik, who used myspace instead of facebook (or as they put it, "largely invisible on the web", haha @ myspace), and the newer Aurora shooter who used adultfriendfinder instead of facebook. So being social on any other website isn't good enough, it has to be specifically facebook that people are using.

While it is already established that sites like facebook and google+ are no good for political activists, abuse survivors, and people in the witness protection program; abuse survivors will have to take a back seat while more and more insane articles like this come out.

There seems to be an insanity bubble around older people which has arrived after the initial facebook boom that brought in the youth, where they see facebook as a necessary utility; instead of a trendy website that will have passed in a few years.

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited August 2012
    I would rather stand in a soup line that have a facebook account.
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited August 2012
    I believe Face book will be pretty much non existent in the next decade. Many people are beginning to close their accounts or remove hundreds of friends from their list.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited August 2012
    Spinster wrote: »
    I believe Face book will be pretty much non existent in the next decade. Many people are beginning to close their accounts or remove hundreds of friends from their list.

It's easier to remove all traces of HIV than remove all traces of a failbook account. :rolleyes:
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited August 2012
    ^fucking this
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2012
    You're missing out. If handled correctly Failbook is quite useful, especially if you're a GOD forsaken troll.
    edited August 2012
    Dfg wrote: »
    You're missing out. If handled correctly Failbook is quite useful, especially if you're a GOD forsaken troll.
    I would rather remain a GOD forsaken terrorist and mass murderer. :o
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Wow. That's fucked up but I had a feeling it may had come along.

It's annoying being the one in the group who doesn't have a facebook and so sometimes get treated a bit differently. But why should I share my details and daily "hurrdurr I picked up an apple" posts with the world.

Fuck, our Governments have turned into senseless school bullies with executive powers.

Reminds me of this song....

Also lol at the advertising pixellation. Makes it a great video ;)
    edited August 2012
    RemadE wrote: »
    It's annoying being the one in the group who doesn't have a facebook and so sometimes get treated a bit differently. But why should I share my details and daily "hurrdurr I picked up an apple" posts with the world.
    I can relate to that shit bro. I think I'm the only one in my family who doesn't possess a failbook account. But its all cool because I can relate more to you gaiz than I can with my family anyways. (nohomo) ;)
    edited August 2012
    Its not Face books fault really, If people are dumb enough to post up on the net about everything they do in their lives that their problem. To start a Facebook account you give them your name and DOB, Thats all you have to give them and the Government already knows that anyway. just dont tell them your address or phone number and you should be fine.

Facebook is fine if you use it responsibly.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited August 2012
    The IRD (tax department) want people to provide a voice sample to speed things up on the phone. Bull fucking shit they do, it's just another way for them to collect information on us.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Its not Face books fault really, If people are dumb enough to post up on the net about everything they do in their lives that their problem. To start a Facebook account you give them your name and DOB, Thats all you have to give them and the Government already knows that anyway. just dont tell them your address or phone number and you should be fine.

Certainly this. I had an Anarchist friend once upon a time (fuck it, I gave speeches at Kings Cross and Clerkenwell with London-based Anarchist groups) and he said "I'm not filling in my census, letting them have my details" (then a rant about how Lockheed Martin, weapons manufacturers were handling them) and a few other Politically incompetent people (an Anarchist freegan etc Mother and others included) agreed

I didn't care because the Govt has everything they already need - tmy National Insurance number (SSN for the Yanks), Telephone and Mobile# (pay the second by contract/debit card), my address, family name, medical details, personal views and habits (from past FB account rod/or web activity).

I have to admit, I have a "troll" FB account, I use speech marks as it's under a fake name, created (but not accessed, unfortunately) through TOR and I just have a half dozen friends I sit and watch. Just to keep updated on anything they may not text/call/talk to me about otherwise. So I'm a fake detailed spectator essentially. Plus I clear all cookies before visiting.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited August 2012
    So because people don't want to join into the mainstream hype, it means they're weird psychopaths? I do hate people.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited August 2012
    RemadE wrote: »
    I have to admit, I have a "troll" FB account, I use speech marks as it's under a fake name, created (but not accessed, unfortunately) through TOR and I just have a half dozen friends I sit and watch. Just to keep updated on anything they may not text/call/talk to me about otherwise. So I'm a fake detailed spectator essentially. Plus I clear all cookies before visiting.

This is the one and only FailBook page I have ever made.

My FailBook Page
    edited August 2012

There's more than name & DOB thar bro.
    You log in to failbook, your time on line is processed. You open another site while your failbook is open, that site is processed, etc,etc Its all data mining dude. The one that annoys me the most of all are friends or family that have a failbook account and have me in their email address list. I hate getting that irritating email. "???? has asked you to join failbook" that shit just pisses me off. LRN2failbook you morons.

Sure! You may be failbook responsible. But how net knowledgeable are friends and family? I know most of my family think cookies are only related to a blue furry obese monster with a speech impediment. And just because an account is set to private they tend to openly voice their opinions on failbook. Taadaa! There's my info out thar.
    edited August 2012
    I turned off HTTP sharing :D

but even if they still can see what I am doing on the net, I dont care. I dont visit any dodgy sites so I dont have anything to hide.
    edited August 2012
    I dont visit any dodgy sites so I dont have anything to hide.
    Daks mum does. :rolleyes: