RDFRN.com is gone.

SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator-__-
edited June 2015 in Spurious Generalities
Kinda sucks,
http://rdfrn.com/showthread.php?5967-TTFN

Greetings,

When Jeff Hunter started TOTSE over 20 years ago, the idea was to have a place where all types of ideas could be spoken, traded, and exchanged, where no topic was off-limits or forbidden. When I started RDFRN, my goal was to continue this tradition and provide an outlet where people can exchange free information and share and discuss anything and everything that social networking sites and family-friendly communities can't or won't allow in an environment unbound by what society defines as acceptable.

I want to sincerely thank all of you for supporting this vision over the course of time we have shared together. To all of the staff members, former and present, I greatly appreciate your dedication and efforts to this site and to this community. To the contributors of this site and of this community, I genuinely appreciate your efforts more than words can express.

Many of you have expressed words of encouragement, and I believe you will go on to do great things. This community has gone through a lot, and I know this will be disappointing to many of you. I deeply apologize for that, and my intention was for things to turn out differently.

Due to extenuating circumstances and in light of recent events that have affected me personally, I am unable to continue operations of RDFRN. I am closing down the site as of June 25th, 2015. I wanted to allow a little time for everyone to take care of business and make plans for next steps, but every day I continue operations places me and others I care about at risk. I humbly request that you leave me in peace.

Remember the good times. I implore you, do not give up on things in which you believe. Because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?

So make your plans, set up a new rendezvous, and move on to the next thing. Thanks for the memories, it's been an interesting time to say the least.

- Idiosyncrasy
Tagged:

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    WHAT, no way. Damn :(
  • testing accounts slartibartfast. 
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    His PI was leaked and he bailed. Good for him really. 
  • DfgDfg Admin
    God damn doxers, srsly I fucking hate them :(
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    I remember messing with Idio (and a couple of others) with a fake news article about totse.info Ahhhh god days, good days.
    I agree! Good on him for dropping of the radar, I rather liked the dude. (nohomo)
  • DfgDfg Admin

I remember messing with Idio (and a couple of others) with a fake news article about totse.info Ahhhh god days, good days.
    I agree! Good on him for dropping of the radar, I rather liked the dude. (nohomo)

Yeah kinda shitty but at least we're alive and kicking :). Stablity is a good thing.
    Dfg said:
    I remember messing with Idio (and a couple of others) with a fake news article about totse.info Ahhhh god days, good days. I agree! Good on him for dropping of the radar, I rather liked the dude. (nohomo)
    Yeah kinda shitty but at least we're alive and kicking :). Stablity is a good thing.
    Word!!!!
  • Maybe he should have taken more steps to protect his PI if it was so essential to his very survival.
    Maybe he should have taken more steps to protect his PI if it was so essential to his very survival.
    Which is why I use such a generic username. lol!
  • bornkiller wrote: »
    Maybe he should have taken more steps to protect his PI if it was so essential to his very survival.

Good, that's a start. I don't even use social media besides twitter and my twitter doesn't have PI.
    bornkiller wrote: »

Good, that's a start. I don't even use social media besides twitter and my twitter doesn't have PI.
    Heh, I've never had a social network account period (excluding forum life.) This is basically where my online social interaction has come to a stalemate at the moe. :-(

Heh, I've never had a social network account period (excluding forum life.) This is basically where my online social interaction has come to a stalemate at the moe. :-(

Well i use twitter to keep up to date with all the infosec news and to post hax.

Well i use twitter to keep up to date with all the infosec news and to post hax.
    Ever used a piece of linux software called "creeper"? It's on kalilinux. I've never used it before because I don't have any use for it. Give it a go if you get a chance.

Is it the geolocation info tracker?

Ever used a piece of linux software called "creeper"? It's on kalilinux. I've never used it before because I don't have any use for it. Give it a go if you get a chance.

• Oops messed the quotes up.

I said: Is it the geolocation info tracker?
    Yeah that's the one. I think it also pulls up images and shit. Never tried it but that's what it looks like it does.

• Alright, well i haven't really used it either.