Playstation Move Tech Demo

SkittlesSkittles Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
This is basically a tech demo of what the Playstation Move is capable of doing, they're are not actual games.

Looks pretty cool. The precision of the Move is pretty damn amazing, can't wait to give it a try. Although I'm still not really sure if I'm sold on it yet, will have to wait for the titles.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• abusernameabusername Regular
    edited July 2010
    The KINECT/Move are both shit and will fail miserably.
  • BigBroBigBro Regular
    edited July 2010
    The Move will be superior to the Wii, tech wise.
    However, it will receive little to none third party support.
    Let's face it, they're not bringing anything new to the table here. All it's features are similar or identical to the Wii.
    Because of this, third party developers will most likely ignore the Move, as they have either made or are already making their game for the Wii. Not to mention, development for the Wii is cheaper, easier and therefore less time consuming, not to mention, the Wii already has an established userbase and is less risky to develop for.

It's plainly Sony's answer to the Wii, and a poor one at that.
    Is the move shit? No, it isn't. But it definitely won't sell.
    Looks like the PS3 really will have
    no gaems
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited July 2010
    abusername wrote: »
    The KINECT/Move are both shit and will fail miserably.

That's what everyone thought about the Wii, but 70 million sold compared to Xboxs' 41 mil with PS3 slightly under at 36 mil makes me see why they're going in that direction.

I'm not sold on it either, but I'm definately going to hire it out for a try :D

http://www.vgchartz.com/#graph_menu

I still don't understand how Nintendo manages to sell so many :confused:
    BigBro wrote: »
    The Move will be superior to the Wii, tech wise.
    However, it will receive little to none third party support.
    Let's face it, they're not bringing anything new to the table here. All it's features are similar or identical to the Wii.
    Because of this, third party developers will most likely ignore the Move, as they have either made or are already making their game for the Wii. Not to mention, development for the Wii is cheaper, easier and therefore less time consuming, not to mention, the Wii already has an established userbase and is less risky to develop for.

It's plainly Sony's answer to the Wii, and a poor one at that.
    Is the move shit? No, it isn't. But it definitely won't sell.
    Looks like the PS3 really will have
    no gaems

When I first saw it I was pretty pissed that they ripped Wiis' idea and even made it look like some kind of sex toy, but its still interesting at least to see what's possible even through the last years of this consoles' gen. Hopefully they're not trying to ween us off the controller in preparation for motion controllers being standard next gen :(
  • BigBroBigBro Regular
    edited July 2010
    They won't. You don't own a Wii, so I don't blame you for not knowing, so I'll tell you why.
    The majority of the good games on the Wii are not dependant on motion controls, rather, they use them to enhance gameplay. For example: The Metroid Trilogy, No More Heroes, Super Mario Galaxy, just to name a few.
    Many Wii games don't even utilise the motion controls much at all, for example, Monster Hunter Tri and Smash Bros (which doesn't use it at all).

I recommend you try out a good FPS on the Wii like the Conduit or Metroid Prime 3. It'll take a bit of time to adjust, but you will enjoy it.

Also, just to let you know, I never stand up while playing my Wii.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited July 2010
    BigBro wrote: »
    They won't. You don't own a Wii, so I don't blame you for not knowing, so I'll tell you why.
    The majority of the good games on the Wii are not dependant on motion controls, rather, they use them to enhance gameplay. For example: The Metroid Trilogy, No More Heroes, Super Mario Galaxy, just to name a few.
    Many Wii games don't even utilise the motion controls much at all, for example, Monster Hunter Tri and Smash Bros (which doesn't use it at all).

I recommend you try out a good FPS on the Wii like the Conduit or Metroid Prime 3. It'll take a bit of time to adjust, but you will enjoy it.

Also, just to let you know, I never stand up while playing my Wii.

Really? I've only ever played a Wii at parties when I'm pretty off my face lulzing at bowling and drunk people Wii-hitting other people by accident, so I've never really played one with a non-motion controller.

I think there's a possibility the PS3s' next gen console may integrate motion controls, but it would just be an advanced SixAxis type thing with the underlying controller designed mainly for non-motion controller type games.

The only thing that makes me want to try this is that I don't own a Wii, yet want to try Wii motion-controlled type games without having to fork out all my cash on another console. Also, the PS3 is HD and will probably have a lot more "core" games I'd like to play.
  • BigBroBigBro Regular
    edited July 2010
    Skittles wrote: »
    Really? I've only ever played a Wii at parties when I'm pretty off my face lulzing at bowling and drunk people Wii-hitting other people by accident, so I've never really played one with a non-motion controller.
    The wii only has motion controllers. What I'm saying is that not all of it's games are heavily based on waggling.
    I think there's a possibility the PS3s' next gen console may integrate motion controls, but it would just be an advanced SixAxis type thing with the underlying controller designed mainly for non-motion controller type games.
    Considering SixAxis is such a flop right now, I doubt Sony would bother to enhance it unless they where very, VERY sure of themselves. Right now, SixAxis is generally unresponsive (ie; laggy) and is not the staple of many games, and the few it is the stape of (eg, motorstorm) only have it as optional.
    Whether it is the games that do not utilise the hardware, or if the hardware just isn't up to scratch, I don't know. But from what I've played from several games, I would guess the latter.
    The only thing that makes me want to try this is that I don't own a Wii, yet want to try Wii motion-controlled type games without having to fork out all my cash on another console. Also, the PS3 is HD and will probably have a lot more "core" games I'd like to play.

If you have a friend with a Wii, chances are, they probably have at least ONE good game if they're serious (ie, not casual).
    If not, rent some good games. If you need some recommendations, PM me or something.

Did I mention that it's really easy to pirate games for the Wii? Yeah. All you need is an SD card and an external hard drive.