edited September 2010
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    Fixed

Traffic wise.
    4chan>zoklet.net>totse.info>totse.com

Content wise
    totse.com >totse.info>zoklet.net>4chan

But in reality Zoklet ranks higher and totse.com is ranked the lowest. Since totse.com doesn't exist anymore. And Zoklet.net is ranked higher because users contribute there for over 2 years.

But when we compare things month by month. Totse.info is actually the winner here. considering we didn't get linked from totse.com and we're basically fending for ourselves.

We survived this long without losing things and members, which I think is a great achievement.

Totse might be dead, but Totse.info is still alive and kicking :)
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    I was happy yesterday when I realized that we beat totse2 already and theyve been around for a couple years.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm proud of what we have here. Most of us get along quite well, good content, and just an all-round nice place to be. We can only keep growing from here :)
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited September 2010
    Every new member expects to see this place as busy as totse.com or zoklet. We just started, give it time.

I wonder how busy totse.com was at the beginning? Jeff and a few of the founders? Was anyone here actually around at the very beginning?
  • edited September 2010
    These are lies propagated by members of Zoklet.
  • ScuDScuD Regular
    edited September 2010
    whats zoklet
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited September 2010
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited September 2010
    Shit

Agreed.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited September 2010
    spazz wrote: »
    we should lynch this motherfucker. for sayin that!!!

but seriously this place is good but to slow....

Start new threads. Post more. People give me shit for having a high post count, but I'm doing what I can to make new threads and keep this place active. Reply to every thread you can because that's what stimulates discussion.

We'll slowly get more and more members. We've added 30 or so in the past few days. We're growing steadily.
  • con briocon brio New Arrival
    edited September 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    We'll slowly get more and more members.

:facepalm:
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited September 2010
    con brio wrote: »

ಠ_ಠ
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    con brio wrote: »

You see thats the kind of attitude that brings fail. Even though i know your just a troll I'd like to say this site is better than zoklet and other forums in every way. hell i disagree with fanglekai in almost every way but he's one of my favorite posters. Notice how there are no unjust bans here and every ideology is allowed? With that we will succeed.If you contribute you'll be fine just try to help this site along we are gaining members and growing fast.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited September 2010
    You see thats the kind of attitude that brings fail. Even though i know your just a troll I'd like to say this site is better than zoklet and other forums in every way. hell i disagree with fanglekai in almost every way but he's one of my favorite posters. Notice how there are no unjust bans here and every ideology is allowed? With that we will succeed.If you contribute you'll be fine just try to help this site along we are gaining members and growing fast.

This. No one gives a shit about your ideology or background here. I respect DirtySanchez even though he takes positions completely opposite to mine in pretty much any thread on politics or religion.

Mods aren't going around banning anyone. See how few infractions have been given?

We're a growing community. In a year we'll be huge.
  • edited September 2010
    I don't want to feed the troll, but damnit, I love totse.info just as much as the original &T. It's growing, the members rock, and the content is great (even if there needs to be more). Anyway, everything will come in time.
  • TheGreenDoctorTheGreenDoctor Regular
    edited September 2010
    I don't post much, and I never have; but I do the best I can to add some sort of content whenever I do. If I don't think its up to the standards, I don't post it.
  • edited September 2010
    I don't post much, and I never have; but I do the best I can to add some sort of content whenever I do. If I don't think its up to the standards, I don't post it.

That's cool man. I mean, we have people like me who shit-flood the forum with as many posts as possible, and people like you who post good content at a moderate rate. Both work well :D

Btw, I don't actually post random shit all the time, as you can tell by this post.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited September 2010
    I think we're doing an incredible job of climbing up in the ranks of websites. Soon enough we'll be more than a challenge for all those mentioned. 4chan? Do me a favor!
  • da teachada teacha Regular
    edited September 2010
    The users here are too tame. Where are the junkies, the rogues, the paranoids, the criminals, etc?

By and large people are trying to recreate a soulless reincarnation of the original. People are overly worrying about magical 'content', and force themselves to fit in the pieces of a site which is way to big for such a small userbase.

You can't make a carbon copy of a site and expect it to take off, things need to change, but nobody seems to have any true direction as for how to properly manage this site and steer it in a viable direction.
    edited September 2010
    da teacha wrote: »
    The users here are too tame. Where are the junkies, the rogues, the paranoids, the criminals, etc?

By and large people are trying to recreate a soulless reincarnation of the original. People are overly worrying about magical 'content', and force themselves to fit in the pieces of a site which is way to big for such a small userbase.

You can't make a carbon copy of a site and expect it to take off, things need to change, but nobody seems to have any true direction as for how to properly manage this site and steer it in a viable direction.

Agreed.

I think this place needs originality. We want to be better than Totse.com, yet be true to the original ideas - which inhibits us. We need something BIG to happen. We also need interesting and distinct posters, the type of people who actually live life on the fringe of society and aren't afraid to talk about it.
  • edited September 2010
    Where are the junkies, the rogues, the paranoids, the criminals, etc?

True. I'll make some posts on Rorta and tM and see if we can get anyone else to join up.
  • JackJack Regular
    edited September 2010
    I kind of agree with the OP and a bit with da teacha up there. It seems like this place is trying to look and feel like Totse more than it is to really represent it. Bunch of bullshit guides posted lately, most of them either stating the obvious, available in the text file section already, or not that intereresting to read. What I'm saying is it looks like we're striving rather than actually having the people with the ideals and ideas that would recreate Totse. I'm high so don't take me seriously.

Well, Skittles, the problem is that at this point we're left mostly with people who fantasize about living cool real lives and being awesome and shit but spend all their time online talking about it. A lot of threads seem to be about "lol hai I went out yesterday for once this year and a common social encounter event happened but I didn't know how to handle it and she was a bitch for looking at me funny anyway and then I saw some other insignificant things and I did something slightly illegal or edgy and then I went home to brag."
  • edited September 2010
    I really do agree with these statements. We need the people we used to have, or at least new people who resemble the old bunch of people.

People who talk in SG a lot are brilliant for the forum, but to stick out a little more we need to get some good content rolling in.
    edited September 2010
    Jack wrote: »
    Well, Skittles, the problem is that at this point we're left mostly with people who fantasize about living cool real lives and being awesome and shit but spend all their time online talking about it. A lot of threads seem to be about "lol hai I went out yesterday for once this year and a common social encounter event happened but I didn't know how to handle it and she was a bitch for looking at me funny anyway and then I saw some other insignificant things and I did something slightly illegal or edgy and then I went home to brag."

Yeah I see that too. We either need to bring in new members that aren't all talk, or change the way we are. Not forcefully change ourselves into what we deem as 'cool', but if there's something we've always wanted to try, go out and fucking do it. Totse should be a place that expands your perception of everything around you. It should allow you to see things in a new light whether they're good, or bad.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    da teacha wrote: »

You need to be famous to attract that kind of group. One one gives a fuck about some forum with some user base. The problem right now is there is too much competition. You just can't survive unless you take marketing seriously. Sure, we can wait for a year to get things rolling but that would just kill this site.

We're not intending to make a carbon copy. I think I mentioned this in the very start. Totse.info is a shrine to Totse.com. We're avoiding the mistakes Totse and Zoklet did and we're focusing on the key areas.

To attract some users, we have to go fishing in different places. Unlike Zoklet we were not linked from totse.com or any blog. We have to start from scratch. I don't think you were active in the past month because if you were you would have seen how much successful that approach has been.

Read this reddit post: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/dct1h/iama_totsean/

Thanks to that we recovered many old users. So, have faith and help each other. Right now, content is something we need. You add content it will increase the chances of someone stumbling and since everyone is researching different things, they're in a way educating themselves.

You need to view things differently to survive and never give up. So, instead of pointing out the obvious why not help the community. On Totse.info everyone is in charge. No one is stopping you to go outside and tell everyone about this website.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    FTR the text-files, guides,tutorials are the only thing bringing in traffic atm. You just can't go out and force things on the Internet. It's a butthurt world out there and even saying a simple word as Nigger gets you banned right on the spot. So, understand the situation we're in. We're not that BIG YET, we need to go further. I am not saying we should just dumb things and act all cool.

I already told you guys, at this point we're the first wave. we have to figure things out. Got to make a core community that will handle things from here on. I am working on making Totse.info more productive, popular and famous without it getting blacklisted and banned from every major Country. It's not hard in these days to get banned. Totse.com was lucky in this regard. It didn't have to face certain restrictions we face each day.

It's way easier to get kicked off nowadays. All it takes is one e-mail and you're done until you can resolve the issue. What's the point of building totse if it gets taken down that easily. I want to slowly penetrate large site and infect them with Totse AIDS. That takes time and considering our current task force [one dude with crappy Internet and no reliable power] it's miracle we're still standing on good terms.

So, guys all I know is to, get something from the Internet you have to give something back. You have to be a good marketer/PR to get things done here.

Now, if you want to change things and focus on other things, YOU SHOULD. Everyone is responsible here. I can't manage everything [hence the reason I am working on some task force to manage different areas].

Go out and find users you know can help. We're going to be flooded with n00bs in near future. At this point I am doing my best to find old Totse members and trust me they won't come unless we have some good traffic. I talked to some and although they want to join in, they still think it needs some traffic.

Look around you, right now all the traffic is going to major blogs, social networking sites. You just can't target them easily. There is just no simple trick. You could spam Totse everywhere but they will just ignore it.

Also, as soon as the front page is up, you don't have to worry about seeing guides here and there. The whole point of these prefixes was to build a cache and then see what's good or bad and what works.

Again, I will stress that you do whatever you have to do to make things right. I honestly want this place to be better but atm without a front page we need some generic content to keep things rolling. I have read the guides and yes I know they're obvious things but look it from another angle. At least that user wrote something, maybe in few months he might write something great.

You're forgetting simple things people, everyone grows with time. If Mayberry writes something today maybe when he grows older he will write more and by that time he will have life experiences to share, things he got into because he tried to be different.

So, don't lose hope and don't be alarmed about the direction. Times have changed and you have to whore yourself to survive. 4Chan has it simple, they raid and bitch about things and other idiots follow. Zoklet couldn't cut it. They got the community but it just didn't work out.

Totse.info has to be an all-rounder. We should be famous for doing odd stuff, have a resource full of information no one wants to talk about and finally have an active community that has influence in many places.

We're only months old people. So, don't lose hope. Even with a non working front page we're still active and good in Google books.

Just have faith and help out :).
  • edited September 2010
    Damn that was a long ass post. But I actually sat and read through it, and you raise some great points :D
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited September 2010
    Thanks for your support con brio.
    Every registration and post you make is a positive to this forum....You could call it lolz! I call it self pwnd. I hope you enjoy the stay as much as we enjoy you upping our registration and post count. :)
    edited September 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Damn that was a long ass post. But I actually sat and read through it, and you raise some great points :D

Same here. I particularly liked:

"I want to slowly penetrate large sites and infect them with Totse AIDS."

Maybe we need a rant like this in News about what we're doing, and where we're going so newbies know what's going on and don't ask the same questions all the time.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    I am glad everyone is on the same page. I like to keep it that way :). I should just make a seperate thread for this in H&S section.
  • edited September 2010
    Skittles wrote: »
    Same here. I particularly liked:

"I want to slowly penetrate large sites and infect them with Totse AIDS."

Maybe we need a rant like this in News about what we're doing, and where we're going so newbies know what's going on and don't ask the same questions all the time.

This would be a good idea. Then we could direct newbs to the FAQ section or whatever.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    Check this community out. http://www.pokezam.com/forums/index.php

Check our active users and registered users. Be positive for once people. Otherwise we won't survive!
  • edited September 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    Check this community out. http://www.pokezam.com/forums/index.php

Check our active users and registered users. Be positive for once people. Otherwise we won't survive!

Was that you who posted all those links back to &T from that Pokecommunity? xD
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Was that you who posted all those links back to &T from that Pokecommunity? xD

lol no :D. I just found that forum when I was looking for BBcodes.
  • ScuDScuD Regular
    edited September 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    This. No one gives a shit about your ideology or background here. I respect DirtySanchez even though he takes positions completely opposite to mine in pretty much any thread on politics or religion.

Mods aren't going around banning anyone. See how few infractions have been given?

We're a growing community. In a year we'll be huge.

This. i love that i can have a talk with a well spoken logical pro-white asshole like Sanchez. :p

Well said DFG, as for the people ; living on the fringes of society...i don't think those are the type of people that get together and work hard towards a common goal. especially over the internet with little personal gain involved.i mean for the amount of effort being put in here, i would define getting this small fledgling community into the air as hard work. some of the people we have are the dedicated foundation type that can keep a site like this running, technically and otherwise. the "others" will come later...

i went on zoklet today, it was okay but i thought it was weird. it seemed 'messy' to me somehow. lots of good posters there but theres allot of shit too. normally i don't mind sifting through SHIT to find something good that i like: this is how i fap. but i have a good feeling about totse.info, i don't contribute much right now, but i'm pretty new to forums in any form, and when i get my bearings i know i will be a big contributer. and i do live on the fringes.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
  • MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited September 2010
    poop.

i didn't read the thread but i'm still here.