How-to: Make totse.info not suck

HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
edited September 2010 in Spurious Generalities
I'm getting really sick of threads talking about reddit, and twitter, and all these other bullshit sites. Here's what really needs to be done:
  • We have 53 sections here, not including subforums. Do we really need that many with such a small community? Cut down on the sections so the activity here isn't so spread out so the place looks more active. Another plus is it saves server space and inquiries.
  • Front page front page FRONT-FUCKING-PAGE. Can you post on the front page? No. Does the front page do anything any other page doesn't? No. So why the fuck are we so worried about it? You can get to the BBS from the front page JUST FINE. You CAN NOT join a text file and start posting, and the TEXT FILE submission page is down anyway, so why don't you fix what is actually broken instead of bitching about the front page that nobody cares about?
  • Ads. Clearly we aren't bad enough yet to break the adsense tos. Why don't we buy ad space? $20 worth of ad space is, like, 1000 impressions on most sites.

Comments

• McSkluvinMcSkluvin Regular
    edited September 2010
    "We have 53 sections here, not including subforums. Do we really need that many with such a small community? Cut down on the sections so the activity here isn't so spread out so the place looks more active. Another plus is it saves server space and inquiries."

It attracts people with many varying interests, we need a lot, and a lot of people here like discussing many different things. And we will continue to get people with different interests, the difference between Totse and other forums is that it's not based around one subject.

"Front page front page FRONT-FUCKING-PAGE. Can you post on the front page? No. Does the front page do anything any other page doesn't? No. So why the fuck are we so worried about it? You can get to the BBS from the front page JUST FINE. You CAN NOT join a text file and start posting, and the TEXT FILE submission page is down anyway, so why don't you fix what is actually broken instead of bitching about the front page that nobody cares about?"

So you'd rather have the Society and Technology text files stay hidden?

"Ads. Clearly we aren't bad enough yet to break the adsense tos. Why don't we buy ad space? $20 worth of ad space is, like, 1000 impressions on most sites."

This sounds good. :thumbsup:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    A) We talked about this, majority agreed to let the section stay. They might seem inactive but they can easily be filled with content.

B) Every day we thing about front page. Hellish is working it and it's kinda of in working order. BUT we're moving hosts. That's why we're stalling it but we already have foundations in place, we have prefixes and Editors in place.

C) What ADs? You can't get ADs unless you have a working front page.

The thing is, everything is connected to the main page. We talk about reddit, twitter because Google doesn't really like us with a working page. We talk about reddit and twitter because it's the only source of new users we have.

If you want a community of 1000 we can just follow the old method of waiting it out. Even with a front page we have TO COMPETE like a bitch to get some traffic.

Again, everyone is well aware of the situation. Everything is transparent here. What you fear we fear the same but we're trying our best to find simple hacks and workarounds all the time.
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited September 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    A) We talked about this, majority agreed to let the section stay. They might seem inactive but they can easily be filled with content.

That makes absolutely no sense. New users aren't going to keep posting if it takes 3 days for their post to get replied too. It would make a lot more sense to ween the amount of sections down just until we get more traffic.
    B) Every day we thing about front page. Hellish is working it and it's kinda of in working order. BUT we're moving hosts. That's why we're stalling it but we already have foundations in place, we have prefixes and Editors in place.
    What is wrong with the front page. I just looked at it and see NOTHING wrong.
    C) What ADs? You can't get ADs unless you have a working front page.
    I'm just going to completely ignore this. Once again there is NOTHING wrong with the front page, and the ads can easily point to the BBS.
    The thing is, everything is connected to the main page. We talk about reddit, twitter because Google doesn't really like us with a working page. We talk about reddit and twitter because it's the only source of new users we have.
    Which is it? Is the main page broken or not? You contradicting yourself here. You're just trying to become top dog. You're worse than meta, spictral, and toothlessjoe all wrapped into one. How about giving someone else's ideas a chance instead of trying to tie us into "needing" other sites. If you cut down on the amount of sections, we wouldn't need overnight success to keep going.
    If you want a community of 1000 we can just follow the old method of waiting it out. Even with a front page we have TO COMPETE like a bitch to get some traffic.
    What the fuck are you talking about? Nothing I said was just "waiting it out". We don't have to compete for shit, we just need members like YOU gone. This isn't dfg.info. This site isn't all about you. This isn't even YOUR site.
    Again, everyone is well aware of the situation. Everything is transparent here. What you fear we fear the same but we're trying our best to find simple hacks and workarounds all the time.

Well you're best isn't good enough.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    That makes absolutely no sense. New users aren't going to keep posting if it takes 3 days for their post to get replied too. It would make a lot more sense to ween the amount of sections down just until we get more traffic.

I'm just going to completely ignore this. Once again there is NOTHING wrong with the front page, and the ads can easily point to the BBS.

Which is it? Is the main page broken or not? You contradicting yourself here. You're just trying to become top dog. You're worse than meta, spictral, and toothlessjoe all wrapped into one. How about giving someone else's ideas a chance instead of trying to tie us into "needing" other sites. If you cut down on the amount of sections, we wouldn't need overnight success to keep going.

What the fuck are you talking about? Nothing I said was just "waiting it out". We don't have to compete for shit, we just need members like YOU gone. This isn't dfg.info. This site isn't all about you. This isn't even YOUR site.

Try clicking the society and tech links on the front page and tell me it works.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010

Totse drama thread?

The main page links are broken, it can't be used to publish articles. You need a CMS for that. If you like to EDIT HTML pages then be my guest. I am sure HELLISH will just share the server access like that.

Regarding section we already asked about this in H&S. Everyone agreed to keep the current format and do not change anything. The majority wanted that. Convince the majority and it will be done. Simple.

also, it would be a bitch to move section threads here and there but if the majority likes it can be DONE.

Top dog? why would I even care about becoming a TOP DOG? What are you thinking here? Also, this is hellish server I really don't have access to fix HTML files. All I can do is ask users to edit the page and send them to Hellish or notify him.

He told everyone that he has Joomla setup, he even asked if you want to use another CMS. It's in the Editorial forum. He even asked users to beta test it. What do you want me to do, jump up and down and ask users to join in. Fuck I am even doing that, asking photographers, writers to check it out.

There are somethings that you just can't do magically. This isn't about me or you. It's a community run site. Whatever the community wants gets done. If they community doesn't want something, it doesn't happen. Hell, I didn't even touch the HB description because I knew someone would take offense to it. The thread about it is still in H&S waiting for feedback.

I am sorry if I come off as mad, but when you HAVE A FUCKING forum for help and suggestion where users and the admin would respond ASAP, why would post a thing like this in SG. Want to create useless drama. You're like pointing the obvious around here and going after me doesn't help.

Whatever I am doing isn't good enough? EVER considered living in a fucking country where even YouTube fucking needs a fucking download manager because the ISP is on strike two months and you're getting fucking lag times. It's a bitch to use the Internet, I can't even check major feeds, I can't even watch twit cam without lagging like hell.

Also, you're marked RED on various AV sites. I can't really fucking tackle them without having everything in checked. I asked some bloggers and site runners to link us in and they complained about it. Adding Ads and revenue is part of the deal. Right now we're just a mirror with Totse articles. We're just a partial working site.

Hellish asked, I even asked users to help us. There is even a developer forum for it. Users who want to help the site get access to it.

I can't really do much at this point. It's not like I am speaking out of my ass. Ask hellish if you don't beleive me. Reddit and twitter are two major source of traffic on Totse. Right now they offer us some help in getting pages up. Thanks to them Google gives a better result for archived threads.

I am not ignoring anyone, I am constantly asking for feedback and ideas.

TL;DR, Convince the community and it will be done. But if it fails epically you should be prepared to take the blame.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    spazz wrote: »
    can the BBS be the front page? and the front page just be a link at the top?
    Can be done :) temporarily until the CMS is up. But again, hellish handles that department.

*summons hellish*
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    Wow, I need to get mad more often. I kinda enjoyed this :D.

No offense OP :)
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited September 2010
    I don't think anyone can rationally argue that Dfg isn't doing more for the community than anyone else. The site has some issues. We need people with coding skill to help out. Everyone else needs to help with reddit and twitter and post content.
    edited September 2010
    I dont see what you dont get OP about the fact that we've been open for only a few months. BTW dfg rage is lulz because its rare to see. the best was on zoklet when you raged against the admins and the inner paki came out and you started talking about infidels. For some reason that shit made me lol like no other.(sorry bro) Anyway once the front page works that's sure to bring much needed traffic. I can guarantee people get turned away when they click links that dont work. A little patience is needed op.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    I don't think anyone can rationally argue that Dfg isn't doing more for the community than anyone else. The site has some issues. We need people with coding skill to help out. Everyone else needs to help with reddit and twitter and post content.

^This, you don't need to even touch twitter or Reddit. I can handle that, if the need arises but it would be nice to have some technical help from time to time. Instead of saying this is broken, why not post the fix code.

Instead of saying, fuck this thing doesn't work. Why not research it a bit more and post about it so the person in charge can at least do something. We're not enemies here.

Also, I don't like arguing, I like to make things happen :).Everyone is doing what they can, from Mayberry to Hellish. We stumble things, we argue over other sites, we even troll random users just so they will get mad and complain about Totse.

The thing is, as the year goes on the younger generation get more tech savvy. Thanks to Twitter, Facebook aids they won't even care about Totse unless there is something special. I am using Facebook atm and honestly a 14-year-old would prefer trying to hook up on Facebook then become a Totsean. And that's just the start.

We no longer have the luxury of getting curious crowd anymore. We're living in the Miley Cyrus generation. You really need to reach globally to find some gem users.

For once think about the community and put your self interest behind it. I don't own this place nor do I get anything from here. I am here because I believe in this place and its users.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    I dont see what you dont get OP about the fact that we've been open for only a few months. BTW dfg rage is lulz because its rare to see. the best was on zoklet when you raged against the admins and the inner paki came out and you started talking about infidels. For some reason that shit made me lol like no other.(sorry bro) Anyway once the front page works that's sure to bring much needed traffic. I can guarantee people get turned away when they click links that dont work. A little patience is needed op.

Don't worry I lol'ed while I wrote that. I even showed it to Raven. It was lulzy :p. I like using the Infidel card it's just hilarious.
    When (roughly) do you think the CMS will be up and running?

Well, I think he fixed the layout but he put it in maintainance mode. We're currently using Joomla as the CMS. But he had to put in maintainance so it would tax the Database, which as we all know results in that damn suspended page.

If you think you're eager about the CMS, I am dying for it. :p
    edited September 2010
    ^^ So basically anything I say will be ignored, but anything anyone else says is a good idea. Fuck you. It's going to be funny when this site fails. Also, won't changing the BBS to the front page fuck up all your "usefull" reddit and twitter links?
    The main page links are broken, it can't be used to publish articles. You need a CMS for that. If you like to EDIT HTML pages then be my guest. I am sure HELLISH will just share the server access like that.
    LINKS have nothing to do with the front page. I also can't help but notice the reason most shit doesn't work is because hellish didn't upload a file, or the wordpress install he tried to force down our throats fucked up. Jeff Hunter dealt with HTML for over a decade, why can't you? Why do the people in charge of this site have to be such fucking pussies?
    Regarding section we already asked about this in H&S. Everyone agreed to keep the current format and do not change anything. The majority wanted that. Convince the majority and it will be done. Simple.
    Go back to zoklet you sand nigger piece of shit. How long ago was that poll done? How many people voted? 6? Why don't you step back and stop to think about who you want here more. The people looking for nostalgia, or the people looking for a good site to start posting on.

also, it would be a bitch to move section threads here and there but if the majority likes it can be DONE.
    Yeah, I know it can be done. As simple as clicking "delete section" and selecting the section you want the shit moved too. It wouldn't be "a bitch". This isn't HTML.
    Top dog? why would I even care about becoming a TOP DOG? What are you thinking here? Also, this is hellish server I really don't have access to fix HTML files. All I can do is ask users to edit the page and send them to Hellish or notify him.
    Yeah, and it burns you up, doesn't it? YOU couldn't be the one to run this site. YOU couldn't be the one completely in charge. Zok wouldn't do it, now hellish isn't doing it. Pisses you off doesn't it?

I
    am sorry if I come off as mad, but when you HAVE A FUCKING forum for help and suggestion where users and the admin would respond ASAP, why would post a thing like this in SG. Want to create useless drama. You're like pointing the obvious around here and going after me doesn't help.
    So which is it? Am I pointing out the obvious, or is what I'm saying wrong? You're going both ways here. Not the kinda person that should have any kind of authority here.
    Whatever I am doing isn't good enough? EVER considered living in a fucking country where even YouTube fucking needs a fucking download manager because the ISP is on strike two months and you're getting fucking lag times. It's a bitch to use the Internet, I can't even check major feeds, I can't even watch twit cam without lagging like hell.
    WOAH. You said you aren't the only one doing anything here. That was towards EVERYONE doing something here. Also, if you can't reliably be here, you shouldn't be in charge of anything.
    I can't really do much at this point. It's not like I am speaking out of my ass. Ask hellish if you don't beleive me. Reddit and twitter are two major source of traffic on Totse. Right now they offer us some help in getting pages up. Thanks to them Google gives a better result for archived threads.
    Get the fuck out of here, seriously. Twitter and reddit aren't doing shit that simply getting ads wouldn't have done. I don't see any new members that aren't trolls, and I don't see any new threads that aren't basically /b/ with a user name.
    I am not ignoring anyone, I am constantly asking for feedback and ideas.
    Yeah, and when you get feedback you don't like you ignore it.
    TL;DR, Convince the community and it will be done. But if it fails epically you should be prepared to take the blame.
    The COMMUNITY isn't who I should have to convince. The person who runs the site is who I should have to convince. I thought we were trying to get more people, not cater to the 6 people that are here. Know what this reminds me of? January of last year.
    edited September 2010
    ^This, you don't need to even touch twitter or Reddit. I can handle that, if the need arises but it would be nice to have some technical help from time to time. Instead of saying this is broken, why not post the fix code.

Instead of saying, fuck this thing doesn't work. Why not research it a bit more and post about it so the person in charge can at least do something. We're not enemies here.

Also, I don't like arguing, I like to make things happen :).Everyone is doing what they can, from Mayberry to Hellish. We stumble things, we argue over other sites, we even troll random users just so they will get mad and complain about Totse.

The thing is, as the year goes on the younger generation get more tech savvy. Thanks to Twitter, Facebook aids they won't even care about Totse unless there is something special. I am using Facebook atm and honestly a 14-year-old would prefer trying to hook up on Facebook then become a Totsean. And that's just the start.

We no longer have the luxury of getting curious crowd anymore. We're living in the Miley Cyrus generation. You really need to reach globally to find some gem users.

For once think about the community and put your self interest behind it. I don't own this place nor do I get anything from here. I am here because I believe in this place and its users.

Oh, so totse is a social networking site. I get it now.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    Oh, so totse is a social networking site. I get it now.

:facepalm:
    edited September 2010
    If you really hate how this site is being run atm then leave for a bit and come back because this negative talk is definitely not helping the site.

And threads about how we should twitter threads are helping us a lot.

OBVIOUSLY more has to be done.
    edited September 2010
    If you really hate how this site is being run atm then leave for a bit and come back because this negative talk is definitely not helping the site.

Virtually every post he makes is negative in some way. Just my observation.
    edited September 2010
    Virtually every post he makes is negative in some way. Just my observation.

I wouldn't say EVERY post I make is negative.

Clearly totse.info will never be how totse.com was. Maybe some day it'll be a good site, but until then I think I'm going to go back to zoklet. At least there my suggestions were taken into consideration.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    And threads about how we should twitter threads are helping us a lot.

OBVIOUSLY more has to be done.

They actually are. They helped us When Google didn't CRAWL TOTSE, THANKS TO TWITTER OUR FUCKING THREADS GET ON GOOGLE FASTER AND GET INDEXED BY VARIOUS BOT SITES RUN FOR LINK CHECKING AND OTHER STATS! WE HAVE NO SEO OPTIMIZATIONS IN PLACE WITHOUT A FUCKING CMS WHICH CAN GET THINGS OUT.

[lol caps]

We honestly hate, twitter and facebook. But we're using them as tools to get things doen OUR WAY. Start thinking outside of the box for once. I thought I was the Pakistani here. Jesus, it was first some idiot mod on Dexter reddit and now it's hell. What a fucking fun day and to top is all off, I am still waiting for a fucking download to finish so I can make the second girl band thread in music forum.

Are you dumb mate?
    edited September 2010

Clearly totse.info will never be how totse.com was. Maybe some day it'll be a good site, but until then I think I'm going to go back to zoklet. At least there my suggestions were taken into consideration.

I dont see what wasn't taken into consideration? You cant believe that one guy is gonna change the way the site works. There has to be a consensus.
    edited September 2010
    They actually are. They helped us When Google didn't CRAWL TOTSE, THANKS TO TWITTER OUR FUCKING THREADS GET ON GOOGLE FASTER AND GET INDEXED BY VARIOUS BOT SITES RUN FOR LINK CHECKING AND OTHER STATS! WE HAVE NO SEO OPTIMIZATIONS IN PLACE WITHOUT A FUCKING CMS WHICH CAN GET THINGS OUT.

[lol caps]

We honestly hate, twitter and facebook. But we're using them as tools to get things doen OUR WAY. Start thinking outside of the box for once. I thought I was the Pakistani here. Jesus, it was first some idiot mod on Dexter reddit and now it's hell. What a fucking fun day and to top is all off, I am still waiting for a fucking download to finish so I can make the second girl band thread in music forum.

Are you dumb mate?

That is complete bullshit. Google even crawls my site that has ZERO activity.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010

Okay, so I like wasted all my time discussing this with you. What part of community didn't you understand. I said convince the community and if they agree it will be done.

Hell even what spazz said is going to be discussed.

We took your suggestion and we discussed it here. I voiced my complaints and laid out what was going and then the other users added their feedback. It's how we run this place. You can go on Zoklet and tell them, hey shut this down and do this. Tell me how fast they can do it there. I was a mod there for GOD SAKE! I know how things works.

You think I just ignored your suggestion. I even thought about how to merge the forums and backup the threads but the point is, the community voted against it before. YOU NEED TO CONVINCE THEM!

Also, I told you about the Ads problem. We're marked wrongly in some AV sites. Blog owners can't afford linking us and when it comes to AD we're not that high on traffic to get some Ads. Sure if you want them place go ahead but again, you're stuck with the CMS thing.

I should make another point clear. No one fucking links to threads on any blog or publishing site. The link it to the TEXT FUCKING FILE. I get warned all the fucking time because I am trying to link to a forum which doesn't have Title or simple URL.

In short, go ahead if you want to, but don't fucking say we didn't listen or consider what you said.
    edited September 2010
    You didn't listen to or consider what I said. You started shitting on my idea right away. Remember when zok made the old post style an option because I suggested it? It happened withing 3 hours.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    That is complete bullshit. Google even crawls my site that has ZERO activity.

Yeah, lucky you. It was thanks to Twitter that Msn, Yahoo and Google bots searched this place. And twitter is the ONLY medium which lets in various crawlers on your site. You link which would take a month or week or even days to get indexed takes seconds. Try twittering something and you will a jump in guest. Around 25-40 users+ crawlers.

Only archived threads get some ranking on Google atm.
  • da teachada teacha Regular
    edited September 2010
    I totally agree with you man. I've been spouting this shit everywhere for a long time, but apparently the busybody dogooders know best.

The inactive forums need to be fucking merged. I had a whole thread dedicated to the arguments. It boiled down to:

Merging forums =/= removing the scope of possible discussion on this site
    Merging forums = users getting greater exposure to a wider range of topics, increasing their chance of learning something new.
    Merging forums makes place look less dead, thus more attractive, etc et fucking cetera.

And what majority made the decision? What arguments did they provide?

The site is a reflection of its userbase, and at the moment the faggotry of the likes of dfg is showing immensely, preaching their drama and web 2.0 bullshit.

So many amazing and interesting users have faded into nothing because they can't be bothered with this kind of shit. I'm here dangling on a thin fucking wire, probably because I have an addictive personality and the background draws me back in. There's tbh nothing here for me to keep me hooked. It's boring, dull and soulless. The spark, the initial flame has died out.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    You didn't listen to or consider what I said. You started shitting on my idea right away. Remember when zok made the old post style an option because I suggested it? It happened withing 3 hours.

I can do that, but you're asking me to REMOVE SECTIONS! I already told you about the AD problem and the FRONT PAGE SAGA!.

There is a hidden code here, Admins DON'T FUCK with the layout unless the community wants it. So far I have seen ZERO support from any members for you idea about removing sections. Do you want me ignore everyone and just remove sections because you think it will help the site?

What about all the threads in there, what about the mods? what about the content users worked on and posted? what about the reddited', stumbled,digg'ed posts? What about keeping Totse layout?

If you just browse the H&S forum you would see I asked these question back in July. I ASKED THEM! They didn't want they change, they said we could do with less users but keep the forums in intact. That's WHY WE'RE WORKING EXTRA FUCKING HARD!

btw I should rage more often.

[Btw I normally implenment any minor change like youtube bbcode in few mins. If I am online and it's within my power to fix, that thing gets fixed instantly, I hate delaying things]
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    da teacha wrote: »
    I totally agree with you man. I've been spouting this shit everywhere for a long time, but apparently the busybody dogooders know best.

The inactive forums need to be fucking merged. I had a whole thread dedicated to the arguments. It boiled down to:

Merging forums =/= removing the scope of possible discussion on this site
    Merging forums = users getting greater exposure to a wider range of topics, increasing their chance of learning something new.
    Merging forums makes place look less dead, thus more attractive, etc et fucking cetera.

And what majority made the decision? What arguments did they provide?

The site is a reflection of its userbase, and at the moment the faggotry of the likes of dfg is showing immensely, preaching their drama and web 2.0 bullshit.

So many amazing and interesting users have faded into nothing because they can't be bothered with this kind of shit. I'm here dangling on a thin fucking wire, probably because I have an addictive personality and the background draws me back in. There's tbh nothing here for me to keep me hooked. It's boring, dull and soulless. The spark, the initial flame has died out.

Why do you guys only speak up when they're some drama going on? Is it some kind of virus?

Look go make a thread in H&S and then tell everyone which sections should be merged and why.

Is that hard?

I suggest OP and you do it to show us what we should do. I think everyone needs to see it for once.
    edited September 2010
    I can do that, but you're asking me to REMOVE SECTIONS! I already told you about the AD problem and the FRONT PAGE SAGA!.

There is a hidden code here, Admins DON'T FUCK with the layout unless the community wants it. So far I have seen ZERO support from any members for you idea about removing sections. Do you want me ignore everyone and just remove sections because you think it will help the site?

What about all the threads in there, what about the mods? what about the content users worked on and posted? what about the reddited', stumbled,digg'ed posts? What about keeping Totse layout?

If you just browse the H&S forum you would see I asked these question back in July. I ASKED THEM! They didn't want they change, they said we could do with less users but keep the forums in intact. That's WHY WE'RE WORKING EXTRA FUCKING HARD!

[Btw I normally implenment any minor change like youtube bbcode in few mins. If I am online and it's within my power to fix, that thing gets fixed instantly, I hate delaying things]

Look one post above you, you illiterate fuck.
    edited September 2010

You made a poll and judged by that. The arguments in the posts weren't taken into consideration.

And tell me, what have you ever created which has been so successful for you to go around preaching 'admin codes' and the like?

As for all the posts. FORUMS CAN BE MERGEDDDDDDDD. Where are any of your reasons pertaining to the negative effects of merging forums beyond 'the community wanted it'?

This site cannot jump into Totse's shoes and try to create an exact replica. The userbase isn't here, the owner doesn't have the same aura, and the history isn't here. When Totse opened up, there wasn't that many forums, and it grew to be immensely popular, why can't the same happen here? Why don't we try to replicate old skool Totse, from the era which was arguably superior, instead of cloning its older self?

And as for working extra hard. A few people mass creating topics for the sake of it is absolute wank. It looks and feels fake. Look at the fuckign mess you've made of Moving Pictures? Your name's everywhere with your recycled threads. Why don't you sit back and let things move naturally instead of having to get your name across the board? A party isn't a success when the host goes around constantly asking everybody how they're doing, and trying to micromanage all the events. It's a success when a time and place come together at the right moment, and the people ride the flow....
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    There you go: http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=5524
    Less bitching more work.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    You made a poll and judged by that. The arguments in the posts weren't taken into consideration.

And tell me, what have you ever created which has been so successful for you to go around preaching 'admin codes' and the like?

As for all the posts. FORUMS CAN BE MERGEDDDDDDDD. Where are any of your reasons pertaining to the negative effects of merging forums beyond 'the community wanted it'?

This site cannot jump into Totse's shoes and try to create an exact replica. The userbase isn't here, the owner doesn't have the same aura, and the history isn't here. When Totse opened up, there wasn't that many forums, and it grew to be immensely popular, why can't the same happen here? Why don't we try to replicate old skool Totse, from the era which was arguably superior, instead of cloning its older self?

And as for working extra hard. A few people mass creating topics for the sake of it is absolute wank. It looks and feels fake. Look at the fuckign mess you've made of Moving Pictures? Your name's everywhere with your recycled threads. Why don't you sit back and let things move naturally instead of having to get your name across the board? A party isn't a success when the host goes around constantly asking everybody how they're doing, and trying to micromanage all the events. It's a success when a time and place come together at the right moment, and the people ride the flow....

But we are at that stage? You said it yourself the userbase is different and everything is different. So, why are against the change. We can't jump into Totse shoes. Not with the current user base. We can try but it wont be enough.

Btw when I asked about the forum mergering Totse didn't have that much content. Now, we have content in almost all the sections.

Again, I am not going to argue anymore. The thread is there and the poll is there. Lets have a proper discussion about this.
    edited September 2010
    Why do you guys only speak up when they're some drama going on? Is it some kind of virus?

Look go make a thread in H&S and then tell everyone which sections should be merged and why.

Is that hard?

I suggest OP and you do it to show us what we should do. I think everyone needs to see it for once.

AND AGAIN, you cannot provide any logic or reasoning.

I've made a shitload of posts and threads suggesting progressive changes. People agreed, though nothing was listened to.

http://totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=2365
    http://totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=193
    http://totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=50
    http://totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=159
    http://totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=2546

Then there's the huuuge posts I've made outlining reasons in other threads.
    edited September 2010
    There you go: http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=5524
    Less bitching more work.

Thanks for completely ignoring the thread I made about the same topic.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    AND AGAIN, you cannot provide any logic or reasoning.

I've made a shitload of posts and threads suggesting progressive changes. People agreed, though nothing was listened to.

http://totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=2365
    http://totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=193
    http://totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=50
    http://totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=159
    http://totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=2546

Then there's the huuuge posts I've made outlining reasons in other threads.

If only you could have notified about those threads before. I wasn't an Admin back then. I can blame myself but you really should have pointed out those sections. Some of them are great and could really help Totse.

I am going to bump all of them and see what happens. Okay.

But AGAIN, if you're referring to some ancient suggestion a bit of reminder can help. I am just human and I have to digest tons of information daily. :)
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    Thanks for completely ignoring the thread I made about the same topic.

Sorry, I was currently making the poll when you posted that thread. I didn't see it :(. I can merge both threads and add the traffic option as well.
    edited September 2010
    Sorry, I was currently making the poll when you posted that thread. I didn't see it :(. I can merge both threads and add the traffic option as well.

Either or. Mine seems to be getting ignored as usual due to the name I've made for myself on this site. The only thing I ask as far as the poll goes is that the REASONS BEHIND not merging them get taken into account. Right now it just seems like people are after nostalgia, not serious advancement of the site.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    Either or. Mine seems to be getting ignored as usual due to the name I've made for myself on this site. The only thing I ask as far as the poll goes is that the REASONS BEHIND not merging them get taken into account. Right now it just seems like people are after nostalgia, not serious advancement of the site.

I removed my thread and stickied yours. I heard a lot of bitching about me and my methods and I will take them into account. After all I am human and I can always improve. But I hate it when someone just doesn't say it before and uses the bitch attitude. I am listener and I am open to feedback any time.

I don't want to see Zoklet drama here. I don't care about power etc, call me a nigger etc if want I don't care but be vocal with me.

Da teacha bitched about my posting all the time and I have reduced posting threads in sections which I most frequent. I am poster here as well. I enjoy posting here and sharing stuff.

I hope we can keep bitching aside and work for the greater good :). If the community wants it and it helps the site. It will be done. Sure we're going to discuss major changes and have arguements over it.