Am radio...

KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
edited January 2011 in Life
...is badass. I love the talk shows, and really that's the only thing I listen to on the radio. It's even better on tube radios, easy listening.

I hope it never goes away, fuck the FCC and their digital TV digital radio shit. If they even consider abandoning the AM band they better make sure there is a vacuum digital radio on the market. :angry:

Sean Hannity is on now.

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2011
    I loved listening to AM 770 in NYC, now I am stuck with AM 1100.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited January 2011
    I normally listen to shortwave, although I will listen to am radio from time to time
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    Pirate Radio stations are the best.
    edited January 2011
    JestA wrote: »
    Pirate Radio stations are the best.

I am not sure what you mean by pirate radio stations. Would mind posting a few examples of the types of station you are talking about. Unless you are talking about transmitters sitting offshore and broadcasting in international waters. I know what those types of pirate stations are but I am to far from international waters to receive those types of transmissions in my current location.
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    I am not sure what you mean by pirate radio stations. Would mind posting a few examples of the types of station you are talking about. Unless you are talking about transmitters sitting offshore and broadcasting in international waters. I know what those types of pirate stations are but I am to far from international waters to receive those types of transmissions in my current location.

i used to listen to a A.M. "pirate" radio station in my town. he would change the frequencies at which he broadcasted from day to day. He would play Controversial Songs that were not permitted to be played on the regular stations. also he would not cut short or censor the songs.
    edited January 2011
    i used to listen to a A.M. "pirate" radio station in my town. he would change the frequencies at which he broadcasted from day to day. He would play Controversial Songs that were not permitted to be played on the regular stations. also he would not cut short or censor the songs.

That sounds a lot like what I am talking about but since I left NYC/NJ I can't find stations like that.
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    That sounds a lot like what I am talking about but since I left NYC/NJ I can't find stations like that.

tell me about it lol. i live in a fucking dessert now i hate it.
    edited January 2011
    Hmm, I wonder why nobody has started on "offshore" website to "broadcast" these types of stations. Of course now that I mentioned it I will read Google News one day soon and see someone has taken this idea and turned it into a multi-million dollar a year site.
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    Hmm, I wonder why nobody has started on "offshore" website to "broadcast" these types of stations. Of course now that I mentioned it I will read Google News one day soon and see someone has taken this idea and turned it into a multi-million dollar a year site.

Or how about you do it before some one else like me does! lol
    edited January 2011
    Or how about you do it before some one else like me does! lol

If I had not wasted the last 20 years on hardware and networking I would go for it. But my web development skills are no better than most 10th graders. I wonder what kind of capital it would take to get th needed hardware such as receivers placed outside the FCC's jurisdiction.
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    spazz wrote: »

That would be great. Except the Radio Trolling lol jk
    edited January 2011
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    Your maps are all gone.:confused:

Huh? am i being trolled yet again? i dont quite understand what you are saying?
    edited January 2011
    Meh, I quoted the wrong post I was talking about the maps spazz posted in the thread he linked. My bad..
    edited January 2011
    spazz wrote: »
    yea, they were a "get em whiel they're hot" deal. they gave away my location :/

Understood, were they generated maps from a site or something.
    edited January 2011